Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Amanda, Thanks for the info from your nutritionist, I'm going to print this out for a guideline for down the road.

Hi, just banded Tues. March 25, and today, Sunday, I am the most tired I have been. I need to get the balance of slowing down my drinking. I want to gulp down liquid. I am so thankful for the recipes I have found here. They have really helped. I am so much more sore on my left side--is that normal? My port is there, so I am assuming it is. Yesterday was the first time I felt mentally hungry, wanting something savory--I guess from all these sweet shakes. I am thinking of all of us Shamrocks and I know we can do this!!

Kristin, I agree with you - almost all the Protein stuff is sweet, not savory!

My nutritionist suggested drinking your drinks as if you're sipping hot tea; apparently, some people use a "sipping cup" to regulate their intake speed.

Hi all. I am still hanging in there. Today was the first day I have felt even a little better, eventhough I woke up to a bad start. I woke up very queasy and actually threw up. I took a suppository and got someething in my stomach and have improved as the day went on. I called in to my doc's office and spoke with the on call doc. He said as long as I was keeping liquids down, I was ok to wait it out and call my doc tomorrow morning. I plan on doing that but was wondering if any of you experienced nausea and vomiting in the beginning. Today I am 5 days post op.

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

thankfully no nausea and vomitting for me.

I am 12 days post-op. All i have now is the lingering feeling of always being hungry. I have Water with me 24/7 and am getting all my Protein in.

Follow up appt is 4/4, but if this feeling keeps up may need to call DR.

Any suggestions on why i feel like this. MAybe I need to move to musshies already, not stay at the full liquid phase for the total 4 weeks my DR recommends???

Erika sorry to hear you're still not feeling well and being nauseated. I hope you're feeling better soon, it does get better.

I have told everyone about me getting the lapband a lot of people support me, a few didnt really like the idea but was not too bad. No one has been rude at all. I figure why hide it.

Now heres is my problem for this evening i was down to 245 pounds on thursday. I started eating soft foods on thursday evening i have been eating less than 1000 calories a day but eating healthy well now i weigh 248. why am i gaining weight???????? before the pre op diet i was eating around 1800 calories a day and losing about a pound or so a week.

Scrappy I think it is because the food sticks around longer(in you) then the liquid did. So that couple of pounds is solid food. Happened to me too. scale started going down again in a few days.

Scrappy - I'm trying to stay off the scale and weigh once a week on Mondays since that was my surgery day as I was warned about getting down if I get on the scale one day and find I'm up 3 lbs like you experienced. I figure our bodies are going to fluctuate some up and down with the unusual changes its going through so I'd just stay focused on being healthy, stay at 800-1000 calories if you can, and hang in there.

I did tell all my direct family and closest friends about my surgery and they have been wonderful support. I only told a limited amount of people at my church - primarily my ladies Bible study group I'm most close to - because I didn't want to feel any judgment but I have to tell you, for everyone I have told, they've been totally good about it.

Now for work, I work with probably 80% men and 20% women, and I told just my boss, former boss and one female coworker that I'm close to for now. Didn't tell the guys that I have to sit in an open pit style seating arrangement. We'll see if they notice I'm losing and ask or just keep quiet.

I found some sugar free Tang at the store in a recent shopping trip and its quite good. Reminded me of my childhood. I am amazed at how completely I gave up Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke now for almost a month - so it doesn't look like I'm missing carbonated beverages like I wondered about.

I was wondering what any of you on Mushies thought about Ham salad as something that would be processed real fine but Protein and tasty. Do you think it would be okay?

I was thinking of maybe trying some refried Beans with hot sauce and lite sour cream as a mexican food option for mushies. Does that sound okay?

I'm ready to go with mashed potato flakes, cottage cheese, and looking forward to having something semi-soft to eat instead of drinking everything or spooning it like Soup.

I know i would be allowed the ham salad on the mushie stage. they suggested that i even grind tuna or chicken and add a little mayo to it and eat that.

hey everyone!!!!

sounds like most everyone is doing well and moving onto soft foods for the most part.....YAY

Well i had a terrible day yesterday besides the fact that i have not lost any weight in a week..grr....and i was backed up so bad.....i hadnt pooped in like almost a week....grrrrr....and i think that had something to do with the no weightloss which is really starting to make me angry....

So yesterday i went to the mall with some friends..and we walked and i felt good and we went to the food court and i didnt eat anything just drank some Water and i felt so sick i got soooo nauseous....it was terrible the smells of the food court ugh...... anyway i got home and i ate some food thinking i was just hungry and NOOOOOO i felt worse....

SOOO last night....i went and got some milk of mag., prune juice, and some prunes (those ones those new ones) i took some of the milk of mag...drank some prune juice and took one of the prunes...and nothing...but this morning YAY i pooped it was the best feeling ever in the last week LOL and i have been having the runs all day (sorry TMI) lol i better get on the scale tomorrow and see the scale move down....if not i am going to be lost for words...

Anyway....the weird part of this all is the last week after i eat sometimes i got really bad shoulder pain...and i asked my doc and some people on the forums...and that is my sign that i am full or overate...sooooo for those of you that are having some shoulder pain that might be what it is....today while eating dinner i started feeling a little shoulder pain..and i stopped eating and it went away....dunno just thought that might help some of you...

Hope you all are doing well...lots of prayers to all of us to lose lots of weight and see that scale move...

Much love!

Frances

I have told close family and some of my friends. My immediate co-workers know and have been very supportive. I can imagine there will be some talking behind my back. Working with almost all women, that will happen, but it will not hurt me. People can think what they like. I know how hard I have struggled with my weight for the past 25 years. My children and myself will see the biggest impact of this surgery and I did this for me and for my children. I need to be healthy. I need to be more active and I need to be here for them for many, many more years than I would be without the surgery. So people may say what they like, but I say it's my life, my choice, my shoes to walk in.

I am 6 days post op. I know I am overdoing it on the lifting and housework. DH has left for Hong Kong and 22 month old DD still has her stomach virus. She's very sick. When I took her to the pediatrician today at the end of the visit I told the Dr that I had the surgery on Monday. She told me I should have said something...she would have put Nadia in the stroller for me, lifted her on to the scale, etc. She told me I should not be doing what I am doing for at least 6 weeks...more like 8 weeks. She was so helpful then in getting us through the office quickly and out. (Glad I told, wish I had said it sooner.)

I fingure I may end up with another hernia to go with the one have near my c-section scar. I guess I'll just get the fixed together. Anyone else here with small kids struggling like this? I am hoping Nadia will be well soon and I won't allow myself to do so much lifting.

By the way, I am 6 days post-op and I am hungry.

Christine

Edited by nycm00

I had extreme diarrhea during my 2nd week post op. It was truly the worst thing I have ever experienced. I was MISERABLE! Anyway, I was complaining to my mother about it and she asked what I was eating. I told her mainly I was sticking with Atkins shakes, yogurt and cottage cheese. She reminded me that I'm lactose intollerant. I quit all dairy products and now I feel great but I'm actually getting hungry now. I feel like I've been hungry all day today and I'm worried about being able to get my Proteins in now. Does anyone know of a good supplement without milk in it?

hey Amanda,

I only told my mother, grandmother, best friend and boyfriend. I think I will tell more people as I lose the weight.