Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I can't get the shrinking shamrocks to copy and go into my signature.

I feel very left out:sad:

I can't copy the Shamrocks either. I have tried many times.

Aww, don't feel left out!

What you need to do is save the any of the shrinking shamrocks images to your computer and then upload it to a host. Most people use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket since it is free. Once you have it uploaded, you can put it in your signature by going to the control panel and pasting the URL o the recently uploaded image in the "insert image" feature in the "edit signature" panel.

I'm so bad at explaining these things - let me know if I need to clarify. I'll help the best way I can. I'm sure someone else here might be able to help you better, though. :sneaky:

I wouldn't have done that just for the simple fact that eating something with solids in it makes your stomach start moving to digest. My surgeon said he wanted the lap band to heal into place with the stiches and scar tissue before attempting solids, which is why the liquid diet. You may not have done any damage this time, but glad to hear you aren't going to do it again. Stick to the doctors orders! They wouldn't lead you wrong! :sneaky:

Yep, I wouldn't have done that either, although my hunger is starting to kick in and my desk is starting to look really appetizing to me.

How is your hunger so far, pippinje? Today was the first day where I really started to loathe more Soup. I did talk to my coordinator who told me it would be ok to introduce "mushies" the week before "regular" food. She directed me to be very careful and start with diced steamed carrots, green Beans or broccoli, creamy egg or tuna salad, etc. I never thought I'd be so excited about steamed carrots. I can't wait to get to that week!

Yep, I wouldn't have done that either, although my hunger is starting to kick in and my desk is starting to look really appetizing to me.

How is your hunger so far, pippinje? Today was the first day where I really started to loathe more Soup. I did talk to my coordinator who told me it would be ok to introduce "mushies" the week before "regular" food. She directed me to be very careful and start with diced steamed carrots, green Beans or broccoli, creamy egg or tuna salad, etc. I never thought I'd be so excited about steamed carrots. I can't wait to get to that week!

Right now I am really not that hungry. I had some pretty soupy oatmeal for Breakfast which I got no where close to finishing and a yogurt for lunch with Water and gatorade in between, otherwise....really didn't want it to begin with but I know I need the nutriants. How about you? What are you eating?

Right now I am really not that hungry. I had some pretty soupy oatmeal for Breakfast which I got no where close to finishing and a yogurt for lunch with Water and gatorade in between, otherwise....really didn't want it to begin with but I know I need the nutriants. How about you? What are you eating?

Let me just make a brief list of some of the full liquids I've had so far :drool:

• Unjury shakes - chocolate and vanilla
  • Cream of wheat
  • Oatmeal
  • Spaghetti sauce with some ricotta cheese
  • SF Jello
  • SF Jello pudding (and some regular pudding)
  • Turkey chili (no beans) completely blended (wasn't pretty to look at)
  • Yogurt
  • And a crazy variety of broth and cream Soups

I've been sipping some hot chicken brother along with my Water because I'm feeling cold and my hunger is kicking in. It helped take the edge off - but only a smidge. :sneaky:

I jokingly asked my husband to be a dear and run out and get me a cheeseburger. He just patted my head, then kissed it and said "No." He quickly followed that up by saying, "Maybe in 6 weeks..." :)

Amanda:

You are too funny! The shamrock thing is great. I don't have a tatoo, but you never know. I am not anti-tattoo, I just had 2 problems. 1. What to get? (and not something that the whole female population already has!) 2. Where to put it?

Today I went to the park with my kids for them to burn off some energy. I have a very limited wardrob at thsi point and was in the middle of laundry, so I literally had to choose between 10 yr old sweatpants and jeans that did not close at all. We are talking zipper all the way open, button spread 3 inches apart. I chose the jeans. I put on a huge sweatshirt over it, and had on my down jacket to cover as well, but I really hope this is the last time in my life that I will venture out like that.

I am so ready to start my liquid diet tomorrow and can't wait to be banded.

Christine

Christine

Hi Christine!

I know how you feel. I absolutely refuse to buy more clothes. I am down a few pounds, but at my highest weight I was straining the seams of my clothes. Just think, those jeans will fit and then be too big soon! Soon, our problem will be keeping our pants up!

I'm on Full liquids until the 17th, but I seem to have kind of extended that a wee bit.

My Fluid intake hasn't been great, but I'm still peeing, so, it's been enough.

I'm drinking:

Water

Isopure (beginning to get sick of it)

chicken broth (delicious chicken Soup that I've strained and splashed a dash of white truffle oil into to make it Special)

Thai Soups - tom kha gai and tom yam goong. I've mostly skipped the solids, but have also chewed, like, the chicken pieces until they're a puree

Mango nectar

Reduced fat chocolate milk

I'm not worried about the calories, although the carb content, I don't know if that's good for me - I don't sweat the calories because all told, I'm taking in less than 700 calories a day. Significantly less.

At a cafe today, I had a sample of chocolate chestnut cake the size of a pencil eraser; although it dissolved instantly, I chewed it for a good minute. I didn't buy a slice, so, after that little display, they must have been thinking "This guy is the cheapest sonuvagun in history!".

I guess that and taking a few small fragments of chicken and grinding them to a paste with my molars were my cheat moments. No solid food.

Glad to hear everything went well with your rebanding, just curious why did you get your band removed and rebanded?

About a month abo I got a hellacious stomach virus therefore all the puking made my band slip. Dr. Asked me before surgery if he is able to stitch my old band back in place if that would be okay and i was joking with him that my insurance agreed fto pay for a new one...midas well get the latest and greatest. Well I honestly didnt think he would replace it but he did :sneaky: Kept my old port however.

OK guys, add me to the list for March 26th. Woohoo!! I am so excited. I am doing a 2 week liquid diet now since I have to lose 5 to 10 pounds before surgery. My pre-op is the 20th. I figure I'll have the weight off by then. The diet they gave me is Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar free) and one Protein Bar a day and one 300 calorie Lean Cuisine for dinner. I savor every bite of that real food. So far I am on day 6 and doing fine. I am enjoying reading about all the surgeries so far this month.

Kathy

whimsy, was the sauce and ricotta any good? i'm so over this full liquids stage and that sounds really good.

thanks in advance.

I enjoyed it immensely. I used the Ragu meat sauce since it doesn't have chunks. I call it "Lasagne Soup". :sneaky:

I'm on Full Liquids until the 17th, but I seem to have kind of extended that a wee bit.

My Fluid intake hasn't been great, but I'm still peeing, so, it's been enough.

I'm drinking:

Water

Isopure (beginning to get sick of it)

chicken broth (delicious chicken Soup that I've strained and splashed a dash of white truffle oil into to make it Special)

Thai Soups - tom kha gai and tom yam goong. I've mostly skipped the solids, but have also chewed, like, the chicken pieces until they're a puree

Mango nectar

Reduced fat chocolate milk

I totally forgot to mention that I've had my share of Thai soups, too. My mother is Thai, so I'm lucky to have homemade Thai cuisine five minutes away. She made sure to make plenty of tom yum gai (gai means chicken for those that aren't familiar) broth. I had this on my second day of Clear Liquids. My husband ate the veggies and chicken as I'm not going to take any chances on consuming anything that I'm not supposed to this early in the game.

She'll be making more of my favorites - completely strained, of course. Green curry (spicy delicious but way fattening so I can't have much), tom yum goong (goong is shrimp, again for those who aren't familiar) and a variety of other Thai soups that usually have lots of noodles, veggies, herbs and/or yummy meat. The broth is absolutely wonderful and if you are a fan of spicy foods, Thai soups can really hit the spot. The Tom yum varieties are a wonderful combination of spicy and sour broth with lots of savory flavor. Delicious if you are into exotic cuisine. :drool:

OK guys, add me to the list for March 26th. Woohoo!! I am so excited. I am doing a 2 week liquid diet now since I have to lose 5 to 10 pounds before surgery. My pre-op is the 20th. I figure I'll have the weight off by then. The diet they gave me is Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar free) and one Protein bar a day and one 300 calorie Lean Cuisine for dinner. I savor every bite of that real food. So far I am on day 6 and doing fine. I am enjoying reading about all the surgeries so far this month.

Kathy

Welcome to the family, Kathy and congratulations on your surgery date! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Hey, Kathy, glad to have you with us.

It's really interesting to see all the different diets that different doctors are proposing. I'm doing my best to take the most conservative approach possible - although stretching it, obviously!

I also had some yogurt today. I think I need to review my Acceptable Liquids list - I love oatmeal, and could do with some fiber!

I LOVE Thailand! One of my favorite places on earth.

Indeed, if the whole weight loss thing goes well, I'm seriously going to consider having my Tummy Tuck in Bangkok. (One of my favorite cities on earth.)