Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I LOVE Thailand! One of my favorite places on earth.

Indeed, if the whole weight loss thing goes well, I'm seriously going to consider having my Tummy Tuck in Bangkok. (One of my favorite cities on earth.)

Haha! My best girlfriend and I are actually planning to go to Bangkok a year from now to Celebrate my "transformation". I've not been back since I was very young and we still have relatives who live there.

I've not traveled in so long (because of the weight) that I need to go ahead and update my passport and start saving my money for the trip. I'm very excited to go back to my mother's land and appreciate it as an adult. When I was younger, I complained that Thailand was "hot and stinky". :sneaky:

OK guys, add me to the list for March 26th. Woohoo!! I am so excited. I am doing a 2 week liquid diet now since I have to lose 5 to 10 pounds before surgery. My pre-op is the 20th. I figure I'll have the weight off by then. The diet they gave me is Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar free) and one Protein Bar a day and one 300 calorie Lean Cuisine for dinner. I savor every bite of that real food. So far I am on day 6 and doing fine. I am enjoying reading about all the surgeries so far this month.

Kathy

wishin4, I am scheduled for the 26th too!!! I am so excited. I am on a pre op diet they want me to get in 1500 cals a day but I dont think I am even hitting 1000. I have lost 10 lbs so far. Where are you having the surgery done?

whimsy, was the sauce and ricotta any good? i'm so over this full liquids stage and that sounds really good.

thanks in advance.

I was just thinking the same thing. I LOVE spaghetti (one of my favs!) adn this sounds like a good alternative. Kinda like lasangne without the noodles. I am going to run to the store in the morning and pic that up. My mom made me some potato Soup tonight which was to DIE FOR. LOVED IT.

You just cubed potatoes and put chopped onion and celery in the Water while its boiling. Once it has cooked you mash the potatos in the Water and add some milk. Really good. I am stuffed! (which doesn't take much.)

I was thinking of getting Wendy's chili and blending it. Didn't know how that would taste, but I love Wendy's chili.

Everyone keep the ideas coming...because over 5 weeks I am bound to get bored.

What does cream of wheat or rice taste like? I have never had it.

The yogurt I had was apple turnover flavored(light) and tasted awesome.

I jokingly asked my husband to be a dear and run out and get me a cheeseburger. He just patted my head, then kissed it and said "No." He quickly followed that up by saying, "Maybe in 6 weeks..." :sneaky:

Ha! Ironic. I was telling my hubby I should go buy a cheeseburger and blend it in some Water. LMAO. Doesn't sound as appetizing once the words come out of your mouth. :drool:

for liquids, because I know this is going to help others who are going to be on full liquids sooner or later.

Protein shakes-chocolate only. Can't tolerate any other flavor. (Adding a tablespoon of Peanut Butter adds a nice twist)

oatmeal

Potato soup-recipe above

SF Jello

SF Jello pudding (bought it, haven't had it yet)

Special K Protein Water

Gatorage G2

Yogurt

broth for like one day but had no flavor to me so I strained regular Soups with a clear base when on Clear Liquids. Strained gumbo one night. SO GOOD compared to the broth.< /p>

Today was only my first day of full liquids so I am sure I will be getting more creative as the days tic by.:sneaky:

for liquids, because I know this is going to help others who are going to be on full liquids sooner or later.

Protein shakes-chocolate only. Can't tolerate any other flavor. (Adding a tablespoon of Peanut Butter adds a nice twist)

oatmeal

Potato soup-recipe above

SF Jello

SF Jello pudding (bought it, haven't had it yet)

Special K Protein Water

Gatorage G2

Yogurt

broth for like one day but had no flavor to me so I strained regular Soups with a clear base when on Clear Liquids. Strained gumbo one night. SO GOOD compared to the broth.< /p>

Today was only my first day of full liquids so I am sure I will be getting more creative as the days tic by.:blushing:

I saw that some of the other monthly groups have created their own threads with suggestions on what to eat on each phase. If we get enough interest, maybe we could do that, too. We can break it up by stages to keep this neat and orderly.

The food/recipes forum is also helpful but I'd love to share with the Shamrockers. I generally don't visit many of the forums because then I'd never catch up on my reading. :thumbup:

I can't get the shamrocks logo to go to my signature either.

Christine

I am feeling some serious anxiety about starting the liquids tomorrow in preparation for the surgery...........I guess it's about "making it real"....that this is really going to happen.

I haven't been scared, but now I kind of am.......feeling sort of weepy and horribly bitchy......poor family!

Hello All,

I'd like to introduce myself to all my fellow March Bandsters. I was banded on March 4th in Belgium (I'm Irish). I'm a week out tomorrow and doing good. I'm mostly pain free with the exception of the area around the port which still hurts a bit when I stand up/sit down but once I'm up I'm fine. I've had very little gas pain (none at all in left shoulder like some people) and I'm surprising myself by having no problem in sticking to the post op liquid diet (No problem so far any way) :blushing:. Good luck to all my fellow Shrinking Shamrocks, I wish you all great success!!!

Elsie

I am getting banded on the 24th. Today I drank 4 Medifast drinks and then totally blew it by eating a bowl of Cereal for dinner....a big bowl of Golden Grahms. I will be better tomorrow. I measured my liver today at work (I'm an Ultrasound tech). I am interested to see if this diet will significantly shrink my liver by the 24th.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well post OP. Stay strong on the limitations.

Welcome to all the new bandsters.

Christine

Christine that is so cool that you are an Ultrasound tech. You can look at your band in place too.

welcome newbies- We have an international group. :blushing:

regarding the full liquids phase, I was instructed to have thin liquids so my diet is fat free milk or soymilk with unjury, broths with Unjury, juices with unjury. I should buy stock in unjury. I can't have creamy stuff until the mushy phase at week 3.

:confused2:My question is do I start counting from the surgery day 3/4 or when I began the full liquid phase 3/8? I know it is only 4 days but I think you guys can understand my need for something other than liquid. Speaking of which do you think I could have fat free pudding? Its kind of like thick Protein drinks right?:confused2:

I just found this group tonight and have been catching up on all the posts.

What a great idea...a room just for us March bandsters to compare notes.:blushing:

Welcome Elsie from Ireland. Must be funny for you to know we're calling ourselves the Shrinking Shamrocks! I'm getting banded on St. Patrick's Day so I will have a reason to Celebrate being 'Irish' for the rest of my life now!

OK, I'm like nycm00 and can't get the shrinking shamrock ticker to come out right, I'm frustrated. I think I'm going to have to have a "ticker installation" class. Welcome to all newbies to join the March group, I have been making notes and planning my grocery list before my surgery on the 20th.

Elsie, I have a friend who lives in Belgium, in fact, she is my x-husband's girlfriend. (Don't ask unless you want the whole morbid story) She's funny and nice.

Glad to hear all those who have been newly banded are doing so well, sorta takes the anxiety off of everything. Thanks!

Hi shrinking shamrocks,

Well, day 6 (post-op) update, i'm kicking ass and taking names!

Don't listen when they tell you that you won't be able to burp for a few weeks or you will find it really painful. I'm burping like a drunken sailor.

I'm totally over Optifast, so tonight at dinner I had half a cup of mashed potato, and it went down just fine. I'm a bit gurgle-y, moreso than on Optifast, but i consider it a small price to pay for not having to drink that sludge!

I told myself i wouldn't cheat on the post-op diet, but i feel better when i hear about some people whose surgeons told them they could be on mashies after 3 days. I've got 2 weeks of liquid then 2 weeks of mashies, but after tonight, something tells me i might be advancing ahead of the class :tongue:

Good luck to all those getting banded in the next few days! And of course, kudos to those already done!

Viva la Lap Band! :tt2:

Annie xox