Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I am disgusted! I have been doing everything I should. I am eating right. I am now exercising 5 out of the 7 days a week! Have I lost anything - NO!

In the past three weeks I have remained the same. Before that I didn't exercise. I was scattered about eating the right stuff.

There is something seriously wrong with this picture!!!!

The ONLY good thing is I have dropped a size. But I want to kick the #@*&!^&! scale!:scared2:

Okay, I am VENTING too.

Yesterday my DH's aunt said to me "you know you are going to have to get that fat cut off your belly. There is nothing you can do about it yourself" Mind you she said this at Cracker Barrel, she is a waitress there.

A few weeks ago, she said that I should start my plastic surgery with my face (I have a small turkey waddle - which I am very insecure about) if you are vain. I guess you are vain since you had that surgery and all" VAIN, Hello, NO, I did lapband surgery for my health. Yes, we all want to be thin, but we ultimately did the surgery for the health benefits.

In both cases, me the wimp just was dumbfounded and did not say anything back to her. Well, yesterday I came home and talked it over with my DH and this morning I prayed about it. I wanted God to guide my words. Who knows what I would have said with out his guidance. Well, I called her today and told her that she offended and embarassed me. She did not see it that way, but she ended up apologizing. I was proud of myself for finally sticking up for myself.

I have no idea why she would even be so ignorant to say these things to me. I do not know what she has gained from the comments. There is no reason for her to be jealous or does she just feel impowered by picking on people. Who know????

I will deal with the need to do plastic surgery when I lose the rest of my weight. I am super proud of myself and the accomplishments that I have made this last year and I will not let her or anyone else's dumb comments make me feel any less of a woman.

Thanks for listening. I hope you have not had to experience anyone in your life like this. Sorry, I didn't mean to babble on so much.

Thanks Scrappy....

Sugarbean you will never be able to change ignorant people, you know why you had the surgery as we all did. It was a healthy choice as is the decision to get a tummy tuck..which isn't a vanity thing...we all know that. She's just jealous of your decision and doesn't know how to handle it. I have had people tell me this was the "easy" way out....God I don't know what is easy about it!!!

We're so proud of you as you have accomplished a huge feat in the last year that I know I am very envious of....

just take a a deep breath and move forward.

The other day one of my nursing students had a patient who happened to be an instructor from a year school and insulted her by saying that there is no first year student from a community college who should be taking care of patients. So uncalled for....He knew nothing about our program, which is the largest in the state and has the highest pass rate on the NCLEX exam. I started in a community college and now have a graduate degree....its a more cost effective route while getting an excellent education. People just seem to be stressed out today and say things they shouldn't......

My hats off to you in admiration......

sharon:)

welcome back Fenton...welcome back, we worried about you and missed you.....we are all struggling yet you bring a very good point, we are still in the game and haven't given up....I also have a hard time exercising...I don't know why.....

Hey Sugarbean!

Good for you! You took negative comments, approached her in a appropriate manner and stood up for yourself. Congrats!

I'm not nearly as cranky as I was. I know that when I weigh myself on Saturdays I am always at my lowest weight for the week. So, this past week I used that number for the Friday weigh in. Not totally honest, but frankly it made me feel better.

In any event, I am going on vacation on Friday and am looking forward to it. I should have a nice relaxing time in the mountains. I really love the mountains.

NSV- I RAN yesterday. That wii fit is something else. I never, ever thought I would run! (Granted it was a short run and more like a job, but heck I did it!)

WElcome back Fenton. We've missed you.

Potatie... congrats on your success.

Good for you Sugarbean - standing up for yourself isn't always easy, but it's always right, and you feel better too.

Hope- you are slowly but surely talking me in to a Wii fit. Everytime you mention it I'm jealous. I'm just afraid I'll buy it and never use it. HOWEVER... it sure would take away all of my excuses not to exercise. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten one. I can still make excuses... hmm... a small moment of clarity. Funny how talking to all of you like this seems to bring those things out in me.

mmmmm, tax refund = wii and wii fit..just may need to get one, all this talk intrigues me. but like so many other things I am afraid to buy one and not use it.. but in the long run it would be cheaper than my gym membership I just gave up!

We have a Wii and a Wii Fit. They are fun, but I have not used it since January. My lack of commitment to exercise has really shown up throughout the winter. I can't wait until it truly warms up so that I can get out and walk. I much prefer the outdoors. I can't believe it is snowing here AGAIN!!! 1-3 inches tonight and another couple tomorrow.

Hope - I did some running last summer and really enjoyed it. I don't like the treadmill and sort of gave up in the winter. I was doing the Couch 2 5K program. I couldn't ever get past week 4 our of the 9 week program. But I was happy that I could run that much. (about 1/2 mile) I would probably have to start at week 1 again.

Thanks for all the kudos for the way I handled my DHs aunt. At least now I won't have to dwell on her comments. It really helped me to call her and tell her how I felt. I can move on now.

Tomorrow I go for an unfill and a nutritionist appt. I have not lost in about 2 months. My problem is this...

When I eat solid food I end up hurting about an hour later....and continue to hurt for about 2 hours after that. It seems that while the food is sitting in the pouch I have this pain. It's not an over full feeling and it's not a stuck food feeling. It's a slow burning discomfort.

So, I have been having Protein shakes and soft foods...meaning yogurt and ice-cream. Things that will not really help with weight loss.

So, I am thinking if I get a cc taken out and can start trying to eat salads and such and see how I feel, maybe I'll start losing again. I'm meeting with the nutritionist to get back on track. I really hope I can get out of this discouraging little slump I have been in.

Glad to see everyone doing so well. I do think of you guys often, but lately I have a fear that this will all soon fall apart for me. I'm takting Omeprazol twice a day and multiple Tums throughout the day on days I try to eat solids.

Christine

Hi friends. I have stubbed my toe a little here in the last week and I think its because I set myself up for a hit by making myself push hard to get to that -100 number by my bandiversary and then I didn't make it by March 31 and I'm still not there. I sat down and asked myself what the heck are you doing? You're sabotaging yourself because you didn't hit a specific weight loss number and in the past I got to this magic 100 lbs off thing and then I slid back down the slope and regained it back. Maybe I'm subconsciously worried that if I pass the 100 mark I will then slide backward? Weird. I have a long way to go so I made a conscious decision today to take control back again, think about better food choices. Put tempting foods away, like hide the Easter candy, put the chips away that didn't get eaten at the neighborhood party, and if the family doesn't consume them this Sunday, to throw them away. I went back and thought about when I hit my -90 lbs at Valentines Day and maybe I should be content with about -5lbs a month at a rate of loss at this point but I think I can do better if I don't keep slipping and eating things I know I shouldn't. So tonight, I thought, what kind of a snack is low calorie and filling and I tried to eat about a 1/2 cup of cantaloupe and I couldn't believe how fast that filled me up. I obviously have restriction if that can fill me up so I need to leave 'slider' foods alone that melt or dissolve on the way down. Okay, now that is off my chest, I am looking forward to tomorrow being a better day.

Also I've been taking pain pills Tylenol with Codeine and antibiotics for an abscessed tooth and I noticed that my fingers are all swollen and I had a sudden Water weight gain so I'm going to stay away from the scale and just give myself a break for a week. I had my root canal surgery today and I'm sore but I hope this will settle things. Still have to go through the process to get the crown down.. Just when I thought I was paying off last year's medical things, this is an unexpected chunk to pay.

Today the Doc did a total unfill. I go back in 3 weeks. During this time I will eat a bland diet and take my meds in the hopes that I will no longer have the pain and will begin filling my band again.

Special K, I understand how you feel. I too have wondered why I have gotten so down about all of this lately. We will pull through and get back on track.

Christine

Christine - I hope the doctor figures out why you are hurting after eating. I know you are bummed.

Special K - Every day is a new day. Make the most of it. If it helps, log what you eat. That helps you to be accountable.

I do not have the restriction that I need after the fill and then unfill. I ate 2 pieces of pizza (thin crust) for dinner. I am almost afraid to get an unfill. I only have about 5cc in a 14 cc band. Everytime I go past 6cc I have trouble. I need to make better food choices and EXERCISE.

I am hoping to be in the 180's on Friday. We will see.

Greetings Shamrocks!

Lafs - I felt the same way about the wii. Really I haven't had it that long. But, honestly the thing is more like a game than work. I truly never expected to jog or run. (I HATE running) But the guy on the screen was cute and kept waving me on. I didn't realize until the end of the 5 minutes that I had actually run that long!

I personally find the wii motivating. It will also weigh you and do a BMI. I do it several days out of the week. It is a nice reminder. You don't have to do that, though.

Lynn - How are you? Long time, no see!

Sugar - I am now considering the couch thing. I truly am not a runner. I have walked a lot in the past, but I had knee problems and thought I would never run. Very cool that you did.

Christine - how horrible for you! I can't imagine having to do what you are doing! I hope they find out what the issue is for you!

Special K - boy, you voiced my fears out loud! I am struggling at times with loosing the weight, but a bigger fear is reaching goal and sliding back into morbid obesity. Everytime I gain weight, it is much more difficult to loose again. I appreciate that you put you issue in words.

Well, I look forward to weighing myself Friday. If I have the chance I will check in. I might not because I expect to be away from the computer (and my wii fit!) for about a week. I'm hoping for the 220's!

Well, I am totally unfilled and still having the pain after eating. I am actually HAPPY about this!! Now I can confidently say it's not a band related problem. So, I just have to get the right meds and make this work.

Thankfully with the pain I have little appetite, so I ate very well today.

Christine

Hope - here is the link for the Couch 2 5k program. You have given me a little push, maybe I will get back into it. You can check out the Couch 2 5K thread over on the Fitness thread. Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

Christine - I am sorry that you are still having problems. It is a good thing that it is not related to the band. Hopefully the doctors will find out what is wrong soon.

I am looking forward to my Spring Break. It is a short one - four day weekend, but I am ready for a few days off. The kids are getting spring fever at school.