Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I agree no wa this body is getting into even a two piece....I'm sticking to the shorts, maybe and a top. One piece bathing suit that sucks it all in remains with me for the gym....

sharon

I agree no wa this body is getting into even a two piece....I'm sticking to the shorts, maybe and a top. One piece bathing suit that sucks it all in remains with me for the gym....

sharon

I'm going with a speedo ohhh yeah babbeeeaaaahhh lol j/k That would be a scary scary sight.

Hey everybody! Even though I rarely post, I do read the board just about every day and we have all made such wonderful progess in the past year! Go us!

Today is my surgiversary. Like many of you, I had hoped to be further along on this journey when I got to the one year point, but I'm really okay with where I am. I have lost just under 75 lbs. since I started getting ready for surgery in Jan. 08, and I have lost 56 since the surgery istelf. Yes, I could have worked harder and could be seeing a better loss, but I know for sure that without this band I would still be yo-yoing like I did for so many years. I would definitely do it all over again.

I still have plenty of weight to lose, but I am going to start thinking in terms of small increments as goals from here on out. My next goal is to get under 200, which is right around the corner. It seems that no matter what I do, I average 1 lb. a week, maybe a little more. I wish I had it in me to really "diet" for at least a month or two to give my loss a kick in the pants, but I don't seem to be able to follow through. I pretty much eat whatever I want, I just don't eat that much of it. Isn't it so hard when you've "dieted" so strictly on and off for years to make yourself do it this last time? I'm sure if I could, I'd do better than 1 lb. a week, but at this point I'm not sure I care a whole lot how fast these last 59 lbs. come off! Am I the only one?

Sorry y'all, I didn't mean to write a novel!

I am trying so hard to make better choices and listen to my body. Chewing and eating slower. I need/have to get back on track.. I want to lose another 20-25#.

I have removed all chocloate from my house, my biggest temptation, especially when stressed..

Ok I started the Wii fit today and my Wii fit age is 75 years old.....oh my God this is pretty scarey...but what a great game!!! I got slaughtered in the soccer and couldn't ski at all and my balance is off otherwise I did 10 minutes and was tired. So I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow again. It is fun and challenging (for a 75 year old that is) I'm not sure the weight is correct though my scales were 3 lbs less....not that it really matters....

sharon:)

Please no speedo visions on this site....

Hey everybody! Even though I rarely post, I do read the board just about every day and we have all made such wonderful progess in the past year! Go us!

Today is my surgiversary. Like many of you, I had hoped to be further along on this journey when I got to the one year point, but I'm really okay with where I am. I have lost just under 75 lbs. since I started getting ready for surgery in Jan. 08, and I have lost 56 since the surgery istelf. Yes, I could have worked harder and could be seeing a better loss, but I know for sure that without this band I would still be yo-yoing like I did for so many years. I would definitely do it all over again.

I still have plenty of weight to lose, but I am going to start thinking in terms of small increments as goals from here on out. My next goal is to get under 200, which is right around the corner. It seems that no matter what I do, I average 1 lb. a week, maybe a little more. I wish I had it in me to really "diet" for at least a month or two to give my loss a kick in the pants, but I don't seem to be able to follow through. I pretty much eat whatever I want, I just don't eat that much of it. Isn't it so hard when you've "dieted" so strictly on and off for years to make yourself do it this last time? I'm sure if I could, I'd do better than 1 lb. a week, but at this point I'm not sure I care a whole lot how fast these last 59 lbs. come off! Am I the only one?

Sorry y'all, I didn't mean to write a novel!

Actually that's fine Fenton is our other "novel" writer.... nice to hear from others who watch us....don't beat yourself up no matter what you've lost its progress...I think slow and steady is just fine and congratulations....it will only get better:laugh:

I had my one year appointment today. He was pleased with my loss. He told me I was at the top of the class. I was 155 in his office.

The doctor wants me to see a plactic surgeon to remove the extra skin on my belly. I have an appointment for April 7th. Not sure if im brave enough to get that done but I am gonna check on it.

He told me I am a sucess and he don't care if I lose any more weight. My bmi was 28 and said that most americans are overweight according to the charts. He did say as long as I want to continue losing he will work with me. To be a normal weight I should weigh 136, he thinks if I had the Tummy Tuck I would probably be that weight.

That is FANTASTIC! I can't wait until my surgeon says the same to me!

I had my one year appointment today. He was pleased with my loss. He told me I was at the top of the class. I was 155 in his office.

The doctor wants me to see a plactic surgeon to remove the extra skin on my belly. I have an appointment for April 7th. Not sure if im brave enough to get that done but I am gonna check on it.

He told me I am a sucess and he don't care if I lose any more weight. My bmi was 28 and said that most americans are overweight according to the charts. He did say as long as I want to continue losing he will work with me. To be a normal weight I should weigh 136, he thinks if I had the Tummy Tuck I would probably be that weight.

Scrappy, that is absolutely AMAZING!!! I am sooo very proud of u, and I can't wait until I am where you are!!! I actually attended a Plastics seminar last night, on Bariatric Reconstuction. It was defintely informative, and I am looking into several options, even tho I am nowhere near goal. Again, you go girl!!!

Scrappy - WTG I also have consulte a plastic surgeon. I want to lose about another 15-20# before I do anything.. Know the cost check with your insurance, sometimes they wil pay for the basic suregery to remove the apron of skin, but a full tumy tuck is more..but if getting any part covered by insurance is a plus

scrappy yuo are my hero, we are all so proud of your progress you never seemed to deviate from the mission. I struggle to keep that momentum. Congratulations. May we all be told we need to get rid of our flab...

Scrappy you look fantastic and wanted to let you know that you have done an amazing job with your weight loss and wish you continued success in whatever you decide to do in the future. Good job.