Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Happy Bandiversary Amanda! I too think you've come so far from where you were. Congratulations and keep up the excellent commitment to yourself!

Christine

Gosh-- Happy Bandiversary to those who are already passing this milestone this month! I can't believe its gone by so fast. I had a fun NSV yesterday to share -- we've mostly been inside our houses in Ohio now since what October-ish and I invited my neighbors to a get together at my house April 5 for an egg hunt and spring renewal of friendships visit and it just so happened that when I got home a couple neighbors were out and I stopped to talk with them and before they could say anything else, they said OMG you have lost alot of weight! Yep, I'm working hard at it every day is what I reply back to people. I guess what I'm saying to us is we look in the mirror every day hoping to see results and sometimes it takes someone who hasn't seen us in awhile to say WOW for us to really believe in the WOW we are seeing.

Congratulations Shamrocks-- keep on Shrinking!

Hey, all! The prodigal male returneth!

Well, returneth-ish.

I'm sad to say I'm not doing well. I'm in Hawaii at a resort for 10 days for work reasons, and I'm eating TERRIBLY. I'm under super high stress because of the deadline on my next book, and have been enduring some aftershocks from my last, exhilarating but really messed-up relationship which ended last month. I've been straight-up binge eating, and it's been as bad as it gets.

I've been pretty good about sticking to my exercise, though. And when I get back home to NYC, i tell myself it'll be much easier to control my intake. But the gym is great. I totally heart my trainer. I'm on the treadmill for about 50 minutes a day, mostly at 3.6 to 3.8 mph, which nets me usually a good bit over 500 cals of burn. And when I work with my trainer, I feel so freaking GREAT afterwards!

But mostly right now I'm stressed out, and disappointed with myself for the way I'm eating, and I know I've put on weight, so I've avoided the Friday weigh-ins - I tell you, if I ever catch up with the idiot who suggested that as a good idea, I'm going to pound the stuffing out of him!

So this is our bandiversary month!

Today's mine - I'm down 100 (uh, "100" at the moment) pounds, I feel good (not about the current eating pattern), I feel ambitious, I feel fit (actually, I know I'm fit). My blood pressure is down (I don't think it was ever really up). I have more energy.

It's been an intense year. I broke up with a woman I've loved for over a decade, I hooked up with an old girlfriend who I've wanted to hook up with for over a decade, I started seeing someone new which was amazing and ultimately heart-breaking but totally worth it. I've done well at some things, badly at others. I'm exercising, and determined to continue.

Like Amanda, I'd hoped to have gone a bit further by now, but, still, I've done alright. I have a long way to go, and will get there eventually.

Just god help me manage my eating...

We've all done well, we're all in a much better place - even if not all of us are Rhonda! I know we're all proud of what we've done, but I'll tell you one thing: we should all be PROUDER!

I wish us all a big, gay, happy bandiversary!

xoJ

Aw Fenton.. I'm always glad to read your posts. Your so honest and keep it real and have a great way of expressing yourself. One of the main reasons I chose to have the lapband instead of gastric is because it is a slower way to lose the weight. I know myself. and knowing that I knew I needed to lose some really bad habits. That is the wonderful thing about the band, it is helping me replace bad habits as I lose this weight. Recently I had some relationship stress and I wanted to binge! I quickly ate through some bad foods before I felt that headache set it. You know the one that sets in right before you PB! Even though I was full I still wanted to stuff those emotions down with food. However I was no longer to use this as a solution! I had to try a few other things like actually feeling those emotions.

So Fenton stop hiding from the scale.. face your reality :rolleyes: I've found writing down my feelings and letting the emotions ride out are much better then a piece of chocolate cake. Oh and for an added piece of inspiration, I recently found this site. Send them a pic and they will downsize you up to 50 lbs! I'm going to print mine out and place it in a few strategic places.

Home | WeightView.com - Seeing is Believing

Of course next time your going on a business trip, take me along! I'll make sure you stay on track :thumbup:

Jonathan I sorry you are struggling with so much right now. Been there buddy. Try to enjoy some of Hawaii while you're there. You know stop and smell the flowers.

All our efforts will payoff. We all are in such a better place then a year ago. Who knows what this year will bring? Love and accept yourself.

Nice try Fenton, but no such luck. Get your azz into the Friday weigh in thread and post, no matter what the loss or gain! In for a penny, in for a pound, you know the deal! We are here to support, the good, the bad, and the ugly. So take the lumps, let the CLAW take a few chunks, and start over tomorrow!

I do not Celebrate my Bandiversary until 3/31, I am very much the caboose on this train. But every day I think back to what I was doing this day last year, and it was all preparation for the band. Every. Single. Day. Sometimes I wake up and still can't believe that I actually did it, you know? I can't wait for my one year, I had the Lap-Band surgery and braces put on in 2008, it was definitely a game changing year for me. I was actually sad to see it go, but for once, the future excites the hell out of me.

Fenton - yes thank you for honesty! Hang in there. I was so proud of myself for burning up about 3200 calories in yard work and swimming (per my bodybugg) that I went overboard with eating to reward myself - 2200 calories today and high in fat and snacking on the jelly Beans I bought to stuff easter eggs for the neighborhood party coming up. Ugh! But the tale of the scale is that we are moving forward so for every two steps forward, if we take one back every so often, and we learn from it, keep focused on moving forward again.

The candy is now safety packed away where I won't get into it, even I have a conscience about scarfing down the kids Easter candy I bought for them!

What are the Best things to do in Hawaii for those who have been there??? My brother is planning his 50th birthday party to be there and we all fly from wherever we live, me in Ohio, and meet at the vacation spot of the birthday person's choice when we hit the big birthdays that end in a '0'. I've never been to Hawaii but I confess to being a huge Tom Selleck fan from Magnum PI days and I loved seeing the pictures of a helicopter flying over the beautiful islands and waterfalls, volcanos so I want to be sure to take a helicopter ride when I'm there. AND... drum roll please.... I'll be below the 250 lbs weight limit for not having to pay double fees to ride in a helicopter like they would have charged me in Alaska pre-band Fall 2007! I just didn't want the humiliation of paying twice the rate for a seat in a helicopter due to the fuel that it takes to fly my big butt around. So, what island is best for a helicopter ride? What islands other than Oahu has anyone been to and what did you like on those islands? If I go to Hawaii, is it worth it to stay 2 weeks and do 1 week on Oahu and the 2nd week seeing a couple other islands? Its a long flight from Ohio to get there and I want to make it worth my while in case I don't ever get back there.

Thanks... Aloha! Hope you're having fun in Hawaii Fenton!

Stupid french fries.....had a bad night last night...UGH.

Back in the saddle today....

Ugh, I totally feel you Harley. Even though I am trying so hard to be vigilant, I am totally slacking right now. My weakness isn't food, it is just getting my azz in motion. I continue to eat very well, small portions, Protein first, chew, eat slowly, blah blah blah. It doesn't take much for me to stick to the food program, I think it is because I am at a really good restriction level right now. And I have trained myself in the rights and wrongs of food, which is a huge accomplishment, considering my love of all things food and taste related. What can I say, I am a cook! lol

But I can not for the life of me keep a regular exercise routine. There is always an excuse to not do it. I can tame the food urges, but can't get my azz on the treadmill? Man, I suck sometimes. Tomorrow, I promise to be better. Here's hoping that I can keep a promise!

And Kathy, what a wonderful tradition! I really wish that I could offer some input, but pre-band, I was petrified of flying. Asking for the seatbelt extender was an absolutely mortifying experience. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't fly, but just that I only boarded a plane when necessary, such as for work purposes. I can not wait to hear all about your heli ride, I bet it will be soooo exciting, and validating all at the same time. Enjoy, and I demand pictures!

Okay guys - Help!

I am having a really hard time sticking to an exercise routine. Here are the "tools" I have at home until it warms up (it was a balmy 4 this morning when I went out to feed):

treadmill

NT Recumbant Bike

Wii Fit (w/ board)

Rock n Roll Stepper

JMS Yoga DVD

I can't figure out if I'm bored, or if I'm exercising at the wrong time of day, or if I'm lazy and hate it all?!

Do you guys work out before or after work? I've been waiting till after work b/c I hate the idea of showering, blow drying and straightening all before 6:30am.

Feedback please? My bandiversary is the 25th and I don't want to start the next year in a complacent mood. It's one thing at a time right? In the past year I have gained control over most of my food issues but this exercise thing just seems out of my reach. I'm proud of what I've learned and the progress I've made but I can't help but wonder how much further I could be if I could get a hold on this piece too.

What are the Best things to do in Hawaii for those who have been there??? My brother is planning his 50th birthday party to be there and we all fly from wherever we live, me in Ohio, and meet at the vacation spot of the birthday person's choice when we hit the big birthdays that end in a '0'. I've never been to Hawaii but I confess to being a huge Tom Selleck fan from Magnum PI days and I loved seeing the pictures of a helicopter flying over the beautiful islands and waterfalls, volcanos so I want to be sure to take a helicopter ride when I'm there. AND... drum roll please.... I'll be below the 250 lbs weight limit for not having to pay double fees to ride in a helicopter like they would have charged me in Alaska pre-band Fall 2007! I just didn't want the humiliation of paying twice the rate for a seat in a helicopter due to the fuel that it takes to fly my big butt around. So, what island is best for a helicopter ride? What islands other than Oahu has anyone been to and what did you like on those islands? If I go to Hawaii, is it worth it to stay 2 weeks and do 1 week on Oahu and the 2nd week seeing a couple other islands? Its a long flight from Ohio to get there and I want to make it worth my while in case I don't ever get back there.

Thanks... Aloha! Hope you're having fun in Hawaii Fenton!

Special K, rent the dune buggy and tour the island. We felt like the Scooby Doo crew in a bright yellow dune buggy but it was so much fun. Seats 4 and someone needs to know how to drive a stick. Have fun, Hawaii was awsome, wished I would have stayed 2 weeks.

Okay guys - Help!

I am having a really hard time sticking to an exercise routine. Here are the "tools" I have at home until it warms up (it was a balmy 4 this morning when I went out to feed):

treadmill

NT Recumbant Bike

Wii Fit (w/ board)

Rock n Roll Stepper

JMS Yoga DVD

I can't figure out if I'm bored, or if I'm exercising at the wrong time of day, or if I'm lazy and hate it all?!

Do you guys work out before or after work? I've been waiting till after work b/c I hate the idea of showering, blow drying and straightening all before 6:30am.

Feedback please? My bandiversary is the 25th and I don't want to start the next year in a complacent mood. It's one thing at a time right? In the past year I have gained control over most of my food issues but this exercise thing just seems out of my reach. I'm proud of what I've learned and the progress I've made but I can't help but wonder how much further I could be if I could get a hold on this piece too.

exercising has been tough for me lately, too. just can't get motivated. besides the cost of the gym, I have to let my membership lapse for now. Thank goodness it is getting nicer out and I can go walking outside..

Still battling the food issue, lose and gain the same 3-4 pounds repeatedly.. That I know is my biggest problem..

At almost a year since banding I am glad to where I am at, but know I need to go a bit further/ Also, having issues with my BP. no idea why..trying to get that issue resolved with my PCP..

I didn't exercise at all last week, I had strep throat, but hey that also restricted what I ate haha. I have read that if you exercise to make sure that do you it around the same time each day. I don't know where I read that though. We are allowed 30 minutes of exercise time at work so a group of us work out from 5:15pm to 5:45pm four days a week. Working out with a group helps me stick to the exercising.