Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

I guess a NSV that we really dont think about is self confidence. I was on the phone with one of my best girls the other day and she was like you know I have really seen an improvement in your self confidence and at first I was like is that bad and she was like no its awesome the old Kanina is coming back to us!!!

Even though I'm not back to what I was just pulling old clothes out of the closet and being able to wear it again is an awesome feeling!

I was posting before about my bathing suit...well I couldnt find any suits ANYWHERE its like everyone stopped selling them period. So we went out in the boat a few weekends ago Ive been trying to learn how to kneeboard...I couldnt do it bc everytime we'd start to go my bottoms would come off...no one could see me but it was so embarrassing but deep inside I was like heck yeah no more lanebryant bathingsuits for me!! I ended up having to tie my bathing suit with hair ties...lol :biggrin:

Edited by kaninag

well, i haven't gotten banded yet, but i am 17 lbs down and i can bend a lot easier lol! my bf helped me realize this. glad for that, and excited to know that it will all get better! <3

I am back in my pre-pregnancy jeans!

I also went strolling around NYC with my DH over the weekend. I didn't get tired after an hour AND I kept up with him!! Last time we went strolling I was dragging behind and out of breath.

1) Sophomore year in college jeans!!! 4 years ago... wow. So stoked! :thumbup:

Then, three days later...

2) I don't have any jeans that fit! These are too stretchy and loose... :mellow:

I guess it's time to go to the consignment shop. Wait, I'll try Old Navy first, since I'm here.

3) SIZE 12?!?!?!!? AMAZING! :cool2:

I guess a NSV that we really dont think about is self confidence. I was on the phone with one of my best girls the other day and she was like you know I have really seen an improvement in your self confidence and at first I was like is that bad and she was like no its awesome the old Kanina is coming back to us!!!

This is the best NSV I have experienced thus far. I'm far from goal, but the 30 pounds I have lost have done wonders for my soul. I walk with my head up now, wear a lot more dresses, and just feel better about myself.

I'm excited to see what the future brings!

My nsv:

• my wedding ring is to big i had to but a ring sizer
  • my clother are wat to big, so big they are tacky
  • my shoes are big
  • i had to buy new underwear

i proably have more but cant think of them all right now.

Thanks for all the support on this site.

ok, i am a little over 30 lbs down now, and my pants are baggy around the thighs, and the crotch is lower, i think lol. the back kinda gapes open sometimes...pretty cool.

i can see that i am getting shoulders, kinda...instead of being just arm slopes. haha.

OH, and i thought i was sitting on something hard, so i reached under my butt and i wasnt sitting on anything!! I GUESS I HAVE ASS BONES NOW. lol! never felt them, that i can recall. hahaha.

I haven't been banded yet but the deciding factor for me was when me and a couple of friends went to an amusement park and I couldn't fit into to seats of the roller coaster. I had to get off and watch while everyone else had fun. I know this is the right thing, regardless if the insurance company will not help cover the costs. If I have to pay for this until I'm 45 I will, just to have the feeling of being able to live a normal adult life.

All of these NSV are inspiring! Its all things I keep wishing and hoping for. Congrats to all of you! After lots of conflicting feelings, I know I am doing the right thing by deciding to get banded. Almost one month pre-op down. Two more to go!

I have gone down two shirt and two pant sizes and I am going to a local lap band support group meeting next month for their clothing exchange, and I actually have clothes that are too big for me that I am going to take now!!!

I can wear clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years! My jeans and shorts are too big, and at work they accidentally gave me 2x shirts instead of the 3x I normally wear when we got new shirts... and they fit wonderfully!

Ah it made me feel so damn good :smile2:

Guest BikiniBeachy

Congrats you guys! I can't wait for my first NSV. I guess you can count FINALLY getting my surgery as one! IT sure feels like it (after the first, grueling week)

:biggrin:

I guess as the OP I should give our little NSV thread some CPR!

CLEAR!!!

My latest NSV has come about because I work in NYC. I live here too but I used to drive everywhere...ANYWHO. I now take the train to work...the subway. If you've ever been on the NYC train system you know how close everything is.

People sit next to me now when they never could before. When I was +300lbs I took up 2 seats and no matter how I sucked it in or held my arms nobody could fit next to me. Now I am just your everyday commuter sandwiched in like a sardine!!! The New Yorker in me hates that, but the Bandster LOVES IT!!!

Oh yeah! I now wear a size 14 top and am moving to a 16 bottom!! I can shop in regular stores!!!! Skinny girls ask me where I shop. The always have but now it somehow means more.

Come on twenty-somethings lets help each other not get apathetic with our weight loss!

CLEAR!!!

Edited by chocolate_snaps

I know this is a scale victory but I think I am finally under 300 lbs. Plus I went to a wedding the other weekend and an ex totall kept on saying how great I look, so that was totally awesome.