Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

Awesome NSV's 40.

I vented a little last night to my man because no one that I work with has commented on my weight loss... Well, finally today, one of the guys I work with said, WOW, look at you, what's going on?! Now, I feel a little better.

While I was venting to my man last night his comment was, "Well, they don't get to see you naked:thumbup:"!

He He He...

I'm just so tall that 40 pounds doesn't show much, which was a blessing when I was heavier, I guess...

Some guys at work don't know what to say, so they can be so evasive.

This is what is going on here at my job.

There is a pool to see when I get to 100 pounds lost. I get asked at least once a week where I am at.

Then there are others, who give a generic question, like how are you feeling, is everything going ok?

Or, guys who bring in other guys to my office to ask for my doctors number for the other guys who are not dieting correctly.

How about the ones that ask what I brought in for lunch and can they finish it when I don't?

I take it all with a grain of salt, its funny actually, but I wonder how it would be if it wasn't talked about here.

The women on the other hand, are more direct like, look at your butt its shrinking.

My NSV are

1) My 2x shirts are too big.

2) My shoe size shrunk 1/2 size.

3) I can actually look at myself in the mirror and not avoid it.

I used to think who is that person.

4) I was able to climb the double staircase at work and felt good. In the past, I couldn't catch my breath for at least 5 minutes.

Hurrah!

I was leaving a message with the husband of a neighbour lady last night and without going into a long story the fact I'd had the lapband came up in the conversation. He responded that had met another lady in the neighbourhood that had the lapband even though you would never guess had once had a weight problem. I was curious as to who it might be so he started describing her. Can you guess who it was???

:thumbup:ME:thumbup:

It may sound strange but the fact he thought he was talking about someone else really blew me away as there was no way I could spin it as he was just "being nice". I know I've lost most of my weight and I realize I'm already several sizes smaller than my original goal but it is so hard not to continue to assume everyone doesn't still see the "chubby" short girl I see every time I look in a mirror.

Thats awesome Ghost, its great when you know its "genuine"

BTW, how you doing?? Keep me/us updated!

Thanks, and will do. Just no new news at the moment. Same old hurry up and wait routine. My next appt isn't until thursday the 22nd and even then its only to run more tests that I won't even know the results of until who knows when after that.

No one has posted in this thread for a few days, so I thought I'd bring it back. My NSVs of late:

I have collarbones!

I have just one pair of pants that fits me now (which kind of sucks, too, but I'm claiming it as a victory)!

The bf has commented several times on my, uh, increased flexibility.

Best of all, my blood pressure, which was at 139/90 in February, this morning was at 120/76! Woohoo!

What NSVs have you guys had lately?

Ninja, those are great NSV's especially your blood pressure!!!

Lets see:

Yesterday I got a hubba hubba from a guy at work.

I'm now moving into size 14's

I have one that happened yesterday. I am to the point that most of my pants are falling off. I desperately needed a pair of capri pants so I went to the misses part of the store and tried on both a size 16 and a size 18. Both fit, but I did buy the 18. The 16 will probably fit soon, but I really needed them to wear now! Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out which size and where to shop? It is almost overwhelming to me!

Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out which size and where to shop? It is almost overwhelming to me!

I am! It's great and annoying (but I can't complain!). I'm in limbo in regards to sizes. While the smallest plus size tops (like 1x) are too big, most XL and the largest size tops are too small on me. Same goes with the bottoms. The largest misses sizes are usually like 14 or 16 and I'm more like a misses 18, which is harder to find.

I'm intimidated to go shopping in the regular size stores because I don't feel like I belong there yet even though some things have fit me. I will feel more confident when I know I can go in and fit into anything!

It has been awhile since I posted - have been moving from our Florida residence to our home in south Georgia. That and all the things that go with getting a house together the way we want (or rather, can afford!) it to be. Retired, moved, life changing!

My victories:

:unsure: I love the way I am looking!

:tt1: My husband said I was really getting a nice butt!

:ohmy: All of my clothes don't fit!

:confused2: Keep trying on sizes that are way too big!

:lol: Am exercising at Curves 4 days a week, working up to 5.

:w00t: I have ribs, a waist, thighs (a lot more skin than I want)

:eek: My sons say I look like a different person

:thumbup: I am happy!

I am pleased with my loss so far, knowing that I still battle the snaking urge. Try to keep it healthy. I have had one fill and am heading back to Florida to see Dr. mid June and get a second fill. Hope that helps pick up the weight loss pace.

Exercising has been critical to me. Never thought I could do it - but I am and it works. I feel soooooo much better.

Glad that everyone is doing well - we all do it our own way and at our own pace! My pace is slower but steady!!

diane

Phowell,

I am with you on the clothes shopping! I have NO IDEA what I am doing anymore. I didn't even know JR sizes went to 17. I have settled on a 16. The 18's are too big and the 16 is a little snug at the waist but doable. The 18's fall off. Literally.

My NSV's lately.

1. My pants are falling off.

2. I started running and no one is even chasing me. I could not have done that 32lbs ago.

3. My husband,who always told me I was hot still thinks so. The funny thing is I am starting to believe it.

4.I am sensing the fact that I am no longer anonymous to men outside of my husband even when the kids are with me. Scary. :-)

I had to put on a belt today. My jeans were literally falling off!

:thumbup:

~Amy

Well Friends,

I just returned from a trip East from AZ. Saw many people who had not seen me since last fall. Comments were astounding.

1. You look like AZ agrees with you

2. Are you on diet?

3. WOW your hands are smaller!

4. Hey where is your wedding ring? It fell off!

5. Your face just looks different. Face Lift? NO

6. My son: You seem so much happier!

7. My grandaughter: Mimi can you take a walk with me: YES

8. My daughter in law: heard you can jog 30 minutes at 3.5 mile, You go girl! :confused:

I could keep up with my family at all the graduation activities. No sore legs, no sore feet, stayed up with the best of the college graduates.

Best party I have thrown in years and loved every minute of it.

Wore clothes I had not had on in 5 years!

:wub:

Keep sharing it is inspiring and really helps.

TIP: We ate out alot, my trick was to get the highest Protein appetizer on the menu and believe me I never finished it, but got in all my Protein and then quit!

Hubby was so proud and he showed it!

:thumbup:

I went to a public swimming pool yesterday with my 11 yr old and had on a bathing suit for the frist time with out a shirt covering me up. My biggest victory yet.