Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

That is AWESOME, I cannot imagine how grateful/relieved you must have felt!!! I think I will be crying on my next flight - haven't been on a plane since 2005!

on the NYC subway, there are three seats together, and the middle seat can be tight. It used to be when I sat on one side, no one would sit in the middle, now, I can sit on one side and there is room in the middle seat for someone to sit down.

I don't know if this really qualifies but it has been just over 6 months since I have had a cigarette! Today is my 6 month bandiversary and I just thought I would share!

gingy,

I think anything that makes you feel better is an NSV. I would even have to classify the smoking thing up to a SUPER NSV since it will have such a positive impact on your health!!!

WTG girl!!

WTG all the knockouts!!

Hello there! I have a few of NSV. I graduated this June from College with a degree in Accounting..I am starting my internship with Goodwill, went shopping for new clothes for this and went from a size 22 to 16. From January to June. I have had my children contact me (23 yrs) since seeing them since my divorce...I just hope that this year of change for me just keeps getting better....Not just for me but for all of us! Have a great one...

My latest NSVs.

I bought 2 skirts last night size 18w down from 24/22.

I am wearing 1x tops down from 2x.

And although it may sound silly, it made me happy. I had to tighten my

watch strap 2 notches up from the last one on the end and its loose.

My husband bought me a birthday outfit and I was scared to take it out of the gift bag (fear of the fit and the style) but would you believe it fit perfectly and very flatteringly??? I am now in a 14 petite pants and a large/sometimes medium shirts.

Keep it going guys! WTG!

Well this one is really a scale victory but an nsv for me. I am no longer obese anymore!!! I am only overweight! Less than 8 months ago I was morbidly obese! I have been morbidly obese since I was 13 and obese since I was at least 9. And here I am today with a BMI of 29.9! It's hard to imagine. And the last time I weighed 191lbs was when I was 11 years old.....and 5 inches shorter.

To add to all that, I can now shop in the misses department as everything is too big in the woman's department. I don't think I have ever done that. I can fit into a 16 skirt (and I even fit into a 14 once!) and I'm wearing an XL/L shirt depending on the store. I bought myself some shirts on sale in a Medium (GASP) for the fall. The thought of even purchasing a medium is baffling...me? possibly wear a medium?

Thanks guys for letting me share these exciting occasions with you!

My husband bought me a birthday outfit and I was scared to take it out of the gift bag (fear of the fit and the style) but would you believe it fit perfectly and very flatteringly??? I am now in a 14 petite pants and a large/sometimes medium shirts.

Awesome Heather! Won't it be fun to have your hubby buying outfits for you more often?! Keep it up girl, that's fantastic

Keep it going guys! WTG!

Well this one is really a scale victory but an nsv for me. I am no longer obese anymore!!! I am only overweight! Less than 8 months ago I was morbidly obese! I have been morbidly obese since I was 13 and obese since I was at least 9. And here I am today with a BMI of 29.9! It's hard to imagine. And the last time I weighed 191lbs was when I was 11 years old.....and 5 inches shorter.

To add to all that, I can now shop in the misses department as everything is too big in the woman's department. I don't think I have ever done that. I can fit into a 16 skirt (and I even fit into a 14 once!) and I'm wearing an XL/L shirt depending on the store. I bought myself some shirts on sale in a Medium (GASP) for the fall. The thought of even purchasing a medium is baffling...me? possibly wear a medium?

Thanks guys for letting me share these exciting occasions with you!

No longer being "obese" is a TOTAL HUGE NSV and amazing. Congratulations sweetie, you have worked so hard for it! I can't imagine how fantastic it feels to shop in regular stores (and probably a bit weird too hehe) but fantastic!!!

AI can't imagine how fantastic it feels to shop in regular stores (and probably a bit weird too hehe) but fantastic!!!

It is amazing and weird, but more amazing!

I still feel sort of odd walking into the regular area of a department store. I feel like people might see me and wonder why I'm shopping in a section that doesn't have my size. But I also feel weird in the plus department, because I tried on the smallest size in tops and bottoms and they're too big on me so I know I don't really belong there anymore and people there probably wonder why I'm shopping there!

Welllll . . . I went shopping yesterday.

To summarize my closets: I only have one pair of size 14 jeans and a pair of size 14 black slacks (and a bunch of skirts because size isn't as important for certain types of skirts). I have a few things in size 16 but they are giving me the saggy butt look and the waist is very open. I don't have to unbutton them to get them over my hips, just a little tug will do. I have a million things in sizes 18, 20 and even, woe is me, size 22. I look really comical in a size 22 right now. Shirts aren't so much of a problem, I have tons in different sizes.

Well, I thought I need at least one more pair of pants because I keep wearing the same things over and over and over again for pants and am constantly washing clothes. So I pulled a few pairs of jeans of the rack, and I noticed some 12 P's and I thought, what the hay, I can try them on, right. It is not a crime to see if I can button them when I am just seeing how much further I have to go before I can . . . and guess what. Not only could I button them, but I could button every one of the 4 different pairs of size 12 petite jeans that I tried.

I moved another size and didn't even realize it. About half the pants looked flattering and the other half gave me the oh so sexy and flattering muffin top roll that I see so many young girls sporting today :0).

Needless to say, I passed on the muffin top pants and am wearing a somewhat form fitting but reasonable looking pair of SIZE 12 JEANNSSS. What is even more shocking to me is the thought of what is coming next down the road, isn't a size 10 squarely in the realm of a reasonable, normal size that I can be proud of??? So, what a journey . . . moving from xxl slowly to xl a little faster to a large and, omg . . . can that actually be medium approaching???

Anyway, I am feeling really good in my jeans today which is a great nsv for me.

Redtulips and HeatherO,

I am enjoying your shopping stories and have to add my own.

I work at a hospital, so I have been wearing scrubs for the last 5 years. and have a size selection in my closet. Slowly I have been working my way down from a 3x to where I have had to buy XL scrubs.yeahhhhhh. I also have quite a size selection of jeans, shorts and tops that I have been going through the last 6 months. So needless to say, I had no idea what to even look for at the store.

My parents are going to Celebrate their "50th" wedding anniversary in two weeks and I have nothing to wear.. I mean NOTHING.

Yesterday I struck out to the mall and started picking up dresses and off to the fitting room I went. I have to have petite so I stayed within the Womens sizes since the store I was in Petite department only goes up to a 16. I bought a size 18w.. I was sooo excited.

I have gone from a 24/26 jean, 3x top to a size 18.

I truely can not wait to be able to walk into that Petite department and pick up a 16 pant and not have to worry about the crotch being to my knees. I will probably stand at the Register and cry.

Thanks for letting me share about my exciting shopping day. The first Exciting shopping day in YEARS.

LOIS

Shopping has been great. I am down to a size 20 from a 24 and my altered clothes can't be altered any more. Its hard to get pants because I need a 31 inch inseam so I was trying to alter my 24's but just can't do them anymore.

I have been going to Walmart to fill in my wardrobe. I don't want to pay alot of money since I am in a transient clothing stage. Spending under $10 for blouses and pants and jeans is right in my price range.

I have 10 bags going out to charity so far. That is 10 garbage bags!!! I never realized how much I liked clothes.

And I do like how my butt is shrinking that I had a guy at work comment on it, followed by an ""I am sorry I didn't mean that". But I can say it does look good in a size 20 jeans.:)

Edited by Chrisann

So much to be thankful for ... my biggest scale victory was getting below 200 (yeah me!) But my biggest NSV was going to Kings Dominion and fitting in EVERY SINGLE RIDE with my daughter! I had a teary moment as I walked up to the old rickety wooden coaster she loves so much ... that was apparently built for people who weigh 102lbs or less ... and I realized I was going to FIT IN THE SEAT!!

This is freakin' awesome!!