Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

I was banded 1/25/08

I have lost 53 lbs.

I was wearing a 26/28 on my surgery date.

I am now wearing a 20. I feel so good.

My wedding ring is too big.

People are starting to comment me about my weight loss, it feels so good.

Good Luck to all, we are all doing awesome!!!!!:tongue:

Guy in my office told me that I am melting away. Down 52 pounds, still 93 to go.....

I should be ashamed of this NSV but I am going to put it out there anyway :0) Please try not to be to shocked.

It is time to renew my license and I go next week. I was looking at it and saw that my weight on the license was 180. Well I am sure I was well over 200 when I got the license, so obviously I was not truthful when I got it the last time (probably could just not bear giving some bored, middle aged women peering at me over her glasses something I was ashamed to even admit to myself).

NSV - I weigh less in reality than the original fictional number on the license :0). What a hoot!!!

So now that I have to do this again next week and I am losing so well, how much should I say . . . ? What an interesting dilemma. I just wonder how many of us who are overweight give the true number on our licenses. It is hard to do because you have to show it all over the place and it stays the same for years . . . .

Another NSV - this week is getting CRAZY! I saw my 4 year crush yesterday - and his mouth DROPPED, he could not keep his hands off my side/waist, hugging me, ect - it was so so so cute. Kept saying how good I looked, how healthy I looked. Granted he would flirt with me at any weight but I had not seen him in 45 lbs! ahahahahah

That was my dream come true! 1 crush down 1 more to go! hahahah

Now this is a good guy! If he would flirt with you at any weight, he truly sees that beauty is more than skin deep. He is definitely a keeper...even if he never becomes more than a friend!

So now that I have to do this again next week and I am losing so well, how much should I say . . . ? What an interesting dilemma. I just wonder how many of us who are overweight give the true number on our licenses. It is hard to do because you have to show it all over the place and it stays the same for years . . . .

Someone posted another thread that they actually weigh the weight on their license. In my state your weight isn't stated. I actually just went to renew my license last week and the woman commented on my weight loss. It was pretty obvious looking at my old picture but then she said she put me in a different weight "category". I asked her what that meant and apparently whoever issues your license guesstimates your weight and puts you a category. I asked her what category she put me in and she said like around 160lbs or something.

First of all, that was a great nsv right there because I'm flattered that she thought I weighed that much. I let her keep that category because that's where my goal is at and I think you should put a weight near your goal weight because, while it may not be true today, it will hopefully be soon. Besides, plenty of people don't weigh what it says on their license anyway!

I am only 10 pounds away from being able to wear everything in my closet! Once I get there, I am only 30 pounds from my goal!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday the bf and I hauled off to Goodwill four big plastic garbage bags of my old clothes. It was almost as if I felt an actual burden lifted when we drove away. Those bags had almost every piece of clothing I had that doesn't fit anymore, including all of my 'safe' outfits--the ones I felt I looked my best in at my highest weight. The only thing I saved was the pair of size 28 jeans I practically lived in for the few months before surgery (and that were almost too tight by the time surgery came around). It was amazing to shed myself of all that and embrace starting fresh.

On the way home we stopped in at Old Navy because I've been trying to find a black or denim skirt and Old Navy carries up to a size 20 and I figured I could probably get into those. I ended up getting an adorable little black skirt in a 16! Holy crap, an actual, not women's size, 16! Yay! (Of course when I got it home and tried it on again I decided it was too short, at which point the bf told me I'm just going to accept the fact that I have legs and get over it. I'm wearing the skirt now.)

ETA: As of this morning I'm .8 pounds away from the 50-pound mark, and yesterday was my 5-month banding anniversary. It seems to go so incredibly slowly sometimes, but I've got to force myself to sit back and realize that's a good rate of loss. Patience has never been one of my virtues. Sigh.

Edited by Ninja

The family went out to Celebrate my daughter's graduation--as we were seated in a large booth (which I try to avoid) I checked underneath to make sure it could be moved to accomodate me--was I shocked to find I fit with room to spare!!!!

I no longer need the seat belt extender in my car!!!

I can shave my legs in the shower AND polish my toenails without almost passing out.

I lost only one pound today, but I got into a pair of size 20 pants. So I don't mind the weight loss being low, because I got into a pair of pants three sizes lower than where I started!!!!:thumbup:

NSV - I don't cringe when I see my self in the mirror. I actually smile.

By the way, if they had to record your weight on or license in NY, I wouldn't be driving anymore. (& probably most women I know would agree.)

My NSV--I've stopped buying new clothes. I know this sounds like a weird one, but when I was 50 plus pounds heavier I would constantly buy clothes because I never liked how I looked in anything and was on a constant Quest to find something that looked "alright".

Now that I am back to a size 14, I pull out my old clothing and am happy(ier) with how I look....thus no inclination to buy. It's like I have a whole new wardrobe. I might just save money when all is said and done, even though I was self pay for surgery.

Edited by SB0233

This is a HUGE victory for me....even tho techically it does involve the scale.....I weigh 1 lb LESS then my hubby!!!!! I have not weighed less then hubby for 10+ years!!! I'm soooooo excited:)

Great NSVs everyone, Keep it up! It's the little things that make all the difference. I'm taking classes at a gym and I can keep up with the instructor (and all the skinny minis too!)

My NSV is being able to walk around for hours with no back pain and enjoying time with my boys outside running around.