Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April's out there?

hi folks. My date is April 8. I am on the torturous liquid diet. I am so hungry that Kodi my husky is looking tasty:tt1:....if he just weren't so furry...plus he can run really fast and I can't. Anyway good luck to all the Aprils.

Carol from Ohio

hi folks. My date is April 8. I am on the torturous liquid diet. I am so hungry that Kodi my husky is looking tasty:tt1:....if he just weren't so furry...plus he can run really fast and I can't. Anyway good luck to all the Aprils.

Carol from Ohio

Carol - is that the Medifast diet? Is the flavor/taste awful too, or is it just not nearly filling enough? What does it consist of?

Lisa

I ate is already ...the wallpaper is gone. Actually what is ironic is that we're redoing an old farm house, 3 rooms are completely torn up and we're using a paint that resembles caramel. I didn't taste it but I did wonder.

LOL. I have been looking around my house for the last few weeks to see what I could eat if I get too hungry during the liquid diet! I don't know what the calorie counts are for the couch, tv, laptop, slippers, the cat...

Lisa, I thought I was going to be put on a Medifast diet but when I went to dr. last Tuesday they recommended a low Protein, low carb diet. I have kidney disease (diagnosed at age 22 and I'm now 54) and too much protein can be damaging. One kidney is not functioning and one's working around 65%. That was probably TMI. I can have slim fast (1-2 a day) broth, SF Jello, 1/2 c. cott. cheese, and all the Water I care to drink!!! Everyone else at the diet class got boxes of Medifast that included drinks, Soups, bars. I was kinda looking forward to that. I'll make it...just so hungry.

:cursing: Hello all, April 22nd is my band date. I am getting more excited and after my final pre op visit last Thursday a little more relaxed. Good luck to all of us April Avengers!!! God Bless

KCV,

If you are referring to the spread sheet, it adds to the bottom then I have to go in and move it to where it belongs! It is there now.

Good Luck,

Lisa, I thought I was going to be put on a Medifast diet but when I went to dr. last Tuesday they recommended a low Protein, low carb diet. I have kidney disease (diagnosed at age 22 and I'm now 54) and too much Protein can be damaging. One kidney is not functioning and one's working around 65%. That was probably TMI. I can have slim fast (1-2 a day) broth, SF Jello, 1/2 c. cott. cheese, and all the Water I care to drink!!! Everyone else at the diet class got boxes of Medifast that included drinks, Soups, bars. I was kinda looking forward to that. I'll make it...just so hungry.

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about your kidney disease. I know that's awful. I have a brother in law who had to have a kidney transplant at age 48 due to kidney disease. (My other sister's husband gave him a kidney - all in the family! That was probably TMI too, but I'm proud of how close we 4 sisters' hubbies are) Anyway, I just wanted to give you a little sympathy. I think sometimes it's easier if they just give us the food (or liquid) we need to have and that's that. Having to do it differently than others makes it more difficult I'm sure. But you will get through it - I have faith in you!

My nutrition class, consent, and physical is scheduled for the 10th. If I can also get my pre-op done the same day I will. If it doesn't work, I might reschedule so I CAN get it all in one day, to minimize my time off work. By the time I start my liquid diet, you'll be through with yours and already banded! ;-)

Hi Happy Joy,

I have a date in April as well, the 14th. I will be going to Mexico because I am a self pay, but I live in Michigan. We should get together and compare notes. I have not told anyone except my husband and my daughter so it would be nice to have someone close to talk to. Good luck to your, I know it's going to be great for both of us and all the other April folks out there. April is all about new beginnings, you know!

Blessings

HA! Carol, I am pretty sure the husky will be your downfall on the liquids, however, maybe you might be able to get away with the caramel paint! :cursing: