Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i get my band tommorow!

Tommorow is the big day...i'm really excited..and i'm really nervous..all at once,

did anybody else feel this way? i'm working tonite, so hopfully its going to take my mind of things. did anyone else feel this way the nite before?

iamcanadian25

Congrats on your surgery tomorrow! Im not banded yet, but it seems normal to feel nervous and excited all at once.. You will do fine!!! and Let us how things go. Take Care and Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, felt that way til they gave me the happy drug in the waiting room right before the surgery!! I was thinking..get up and don't do this and then I was sleeping:-)

Good Luck!! You won't regret it!

YES!! This is such a big, positive step in getting back control of your life. I cried going into the operating room. But they were "happy" tears! Wishing you a noneventful surgery and quick recovery. Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

I kept telling the guy wheeling me to the waiting area to hurry up. LOL!! I was excited and scared and thrilled and and and. Name an emotion I went through them all.

I was nervous a couple of days before, but the day of surgery I was nothing, but excited and ready. I'm excited for you.

Best wishes to you! I was a ball of emotions and nerves going in that morning, but by the time I was in the OR I was just ready to get it done and over with.

Once I got through the first week of healing, I was excited about life and ready to really begin living!

Take care of yourself, and we'll all be here waiting to help and cheer you on when you return.

Yep. Got the band on 3/1. Feel fabulous. 30 minutes of surgery, and three hours later was doing laps around the hospital itching to go home. The worst part was pre-surgery. All that gunk you drink to 'empty' yourself dehydrated the daylights out of me and I was nauseous, headache, and generally wanted off the world. Even the bruising on my stomach isn't bad. And I could lift my little toddler on Day 3. So...yipee. And it seems I've lost 10 lbs in the last week (is that possible?)

I think we are were nervous and excited at the same time..

Congratulations on your big day tomorrow I hope everything goes very smoothly for you:)

Once you are home and feel up to it please post and let us all know how things went.

Good luck tomorrow!hope everything is smooth sailing...

Where are you in Canada?

Hi Canadian -- I'm with Kelly, I couldn't sleep for a couple of days before the surgery, I was so excited. The anesthesia was a big relief! I hope you can distract yourself, but don't worry if your brain keeps returning to the band; that's normal. Just think, tomorrow you'll be a bandster! Congratulations and good luck.

Congratulations and Best Wishes for a fast recovery. I was banded last Monday, Feb 28, and I went back to work today!!

Patty

You'll do great. It's normal to be nervous...

But this is a great step for you. I was banded a week ago and I'm already feeling up to 95%!

Keep in touch and post when you feel like it. Enjoy the good hospital drugs. :) Best sleep of my life!

I was very nervous the night before, didn't sleep much. The morning of surgery I was just excited. Gotta love those Happy drugs!!!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow! I will keep you in my prayers.