Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's your port and how many [major] incisions do you have?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where's your port and how many [major] incisions do you have?

• My port is on my left side.
    • My port is on my right side.
    • I have only 1 major incision.
    • I have two or more major incisions.

I have two incisions, one for the band on the left and one for the port on the right, directly under my rib cage. I took for granted that this was the "norm" until I changed doctors and learned that the new doc only makes one incision and places the port on the left side much closer to the band itself.

It seems that the latter is much better because there is a lot less tubing between the band and the port, which may explain why I barely have any restriction with 10ccs in a 14cc band, because the band has to be filled in addition to the band.

This all made me wonder; Where's your port located and how many incisions did you have (not counting the tiny ones)? :unsure:

Mine is on my left side, above & to the left of my bellybutton. I have one major incision & four little ones & two little dots from the morphine drip thingy I had going on.

Hi:

My port incision is about two inches below my breast bone, so the middle. Then, I have four small poke hole scars.

Sue

My port incision is about 4 inches to the left of my belly button and 2 inches below. I also have 5 other poke holes but everything is healing nicely.

I have five small incisions (four staples or less) My port incision is about two inches above and one inch to the left of my belly button. The port incision is about three inches long. They all look like they are healing well.

My port is on the left, just about even with my belly button. It is the only major incision. I have 4 small ones. All were closed with steri-strips--no stitches or staples.

Assuming the big incision is the port one? (I haven't pushed on them yet to find out lol) It's almost straight above my belly button and about 3" above. I have 5 incisions total.

My port incision is to the left of center. My doctor is right-handed but his partner out of the same office is left. The staff can tell who has done the procedure due to where the scar is located. With the left-handed doctor it's more central.

I have one major Incision to the left and slightly above my belly button. That was where the port and band went in. I have 3 tiny puncture holes and that's it.

I have one "major" incision, about 1 1/2" long, to the left and even with my belly button. 5 other small "stab" incisions from the instruments.

My port is on my left side just above and to the left of my belly button. I have one bigger "scar" from my port incision and then 5 smaller ones.

My port incision---the largest is just left of center, and up high---almost between my ribs--but the port is actually more centered than the incision. My fill pokes end up a good inch and a half away from my scar! I have a low profile port, and it is now where I can feel it pretty clearly!!! And I had one other incision that was about an inch long, where they placed the band, then 3 poke holes used to hold the liver back, and light up the work space they said! All of my incisions were high-------one all the way up between my breasts!

The nurse told me that was common with people who still have their gall bladder and appendix--then nothing is in the way for removal of those. My Dr. has never said anything about them.

I didn't vote, none of them really fit where mine is in the middle!!!

Kat

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches