Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's your port and how many [major] incisions do you have?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where's your port and how many [major] incisions do you have?

• My port is on my left side.
    • My port is on my right side.
    • I have only 1 major incision.
    • I have two or more major incisions.

I have two incisions, one for the band on the left and one for the port on the right, directly under my rib cage. I took for granted that this was the "norm" until I changed doctors and learned that the new doc only makes one incision and places the port on the left side much closer to the band itself.

It seems that the latter is much better because there is a lot less tubing between the band and the port, which may explain why I barely have any restriction with 10ccs in a 14cc band, because the band has to be filled in addition to the band.

This all made me wonder; Where's your port located and how many incisions did you have (not counting the tiny ones)? :unsure:

Mine is on my left side, above & to the left of my bellybutton. I have one major incision & four little ones & two little dots from the morphine drip thingy I had going on.

Hi:

My port incision is about two inches below my breast bone, so the middle. Then, I have four small poke hole scars.

Sue

My port incision is about 4 inches to the left of my belly button and 2 inches below. I also have 5 other poke holes but everything is healing nicely.

I have five small incisions (four staples or less) My port incision is about two inches above and one inch to the left of my belly button. The port incision is about three inches long. They all look like they are healing well.

My port is on the left, just about even with my belly button. It is the only major incision. I have 4 small ones. All were closed with steri-strips--no stitches or staples.

Assuming the big incision is the port one? (I haven't pushed on them yet to find out lol) It's almost straight above my belly button and about 3" above. I have 5 incisions total.

My port incision is to the left of center. My doctor is right-handed but his partner out of the same office is left. The staff can tell who has done the procedure due to where the scar is located. With the left-handed doctor it's more central.

I have one major Incision to the left and slightly above my belly button. That was where the port and band went in. I have 3 tiny puncture holes and that's it.

I have one "major" incision, about 1 1/2" long, to the left and even with my belly button. 5 other small "stab" incisions from the instruments.

My port is on my left side just above and to the left of my belly button. I have one bigger "scar" from my port incision and then 5 smaller ones.

My port incision---the largest is just left of center, and up high---almost between my ribs--but the port is actually more centered than the incision. My fill pokes end up a good inch and a half away from my scar! I have a low profile port, and it is now where I can feel it pretty clearly!!! And I had one other incision that was about an inch long, where they placed the band, then 3 poke holes used to hold the liver back, and light up the work space they said! All of my incisions were high-------one all the way up between my breasts!

The nurse told me that was common with people who still have their gall bladder and appendix--then nothing is in the way for removal of those. My Dr. has never said anything about them.

I didn't vote, none of them really fit where mine is in the middle!!!

Kat