Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outside LBT

Because of my disability I work only 4 hours a day ( preschool teacher), so I love to do Woodworking, scrapbooking, painting and surfing the web. My newest addiction is LBT.

OH I LOVE Pogo.com also. when the weather is nice I love to garden.

Great question. I work. I put a lot of time and energy into caring for my animal companions. And I love to read. True crime, mysteries, and novels.

True crime is my favorite.

Nancy

Oh I love scrapbooking too.. not very good at it.. but I try.. I also love making ceramics.. right now Im making a coaster set for my sisters B-day to have in her Pool Room and the coasters are the balls and I painted the sticks on the coaster holder.. I will take a picture of them when im done to show you all.

Obviously my hobbies aren't excercise, or I wouldn't have needed the lapband in the first place lol. I do admit I am online alot. I enjoy political chat, plus, I am taking some online courses too.

Political Chat?? wow that would probably get way to Heated for me.... Im online almost ALL day long... see if anyone is bored... please tell me I will let you be bored with me LOL

What a cool thread! You guys are really interesting!

I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2. Outside of LBT and home, I guess I do lots of volunteer work. Church stuff, and I'm a hotline volunteer for the local crisis pregnancy center (more mom stuff) and my mother-in-law is elderly. She is 80, has MS and bad arthritis so she uses a walker and wheelchair. We go out to eat lunch and run errands once a week, and I wash her hair for her once a week and Dr.s appointments, etc. This is hectic with a 2 yr old but it's fun! And I'm happy that I am able to help her. I have a great MIL so no complaints there, she's a sweetie.

The biggest volunteer job I have is my friend Sharon (not her real name, since I don't have her permission to post about her) I met Sharon at my former job supervising group homes for adults with developmental disabilities, primarily Mild to Moderate Mental Retardation. She lived in one of the group homes I supervised. Since then, she has moved out and lives in a 2-bedroom condo her parents bought for her. She lives alone and does a great job! So I have kept in touch with her over the last 12 or so years, and have been volunteering helping her budget her money, pay her bills, anything to do with her checkbook. This requires multiple daily phone calls from Sharon, whew! Soemtimes is aggravating and exhausting, but mostly it's just fun. She's a real character...remind me to tell you Sharon stories, and by then I'll have her permission to use her real name.

I wish I were crafty, you scrapbookers shame me, my poor kids will only have boxes of loose photos from their childhoods...

Great thread!

Well I work Ft in medical sales been doing it for a long time so I have my fair share of friendly faces in the course of the day. I have 2 boys and a DH, we have little weekend adventures and just have plain goofy fun doing everyday things. My time, I spend painting and reading. I got hooked about a year ago to the one stroke painting. If it doesn't move in my house it gets painted. My DH is thrilled with all the flowers on things. LOL Anyway very relaxing. I just re read the DaVinici code, the illustrated version - wow what a difffernce when you have a visual for the art references and such. Anyway that me in a nut shell. Definitely a nut.

Debby

Bandster intraining

I am a pretty much full time archery nut. Help run an archery pro shop, work on compound bows shoot compeition, bowhunt all over the world, write, advise, consult, build custom arrows.

My extra weight has slowed me down and I am hoping my LB will let me be more active.

Moderate two BB's. Own both. One is. single dating site for outdoors singles.

Travel, play with my 2 dogs, shopping for a ranch in Texas.

I am a residential housekeeper going to school to be a math or science middle/high school teacher. My husband loves to play online games. He played world of warcraft for awhile but seems to like everquest more. I enjoy my two dogs, no kids yet, I love to travel but am limited by funds, I love to dabble artistically including scrapbooking, watercolor and photography. I love horses and dream of owning one again soon. When I get a teaching job, my first paycheck is going to buy me one. That is my promise to myself because I have been waiting so long to get one. I used to have them as a teenager. I really am interested in a Norwegian Fjord. I mostly just want something very gentle though. That is another reason I wanted to lapband, so I can be more fit and be able to ride more easily. I generally love all animals and grew up on a small farm. Teresa

I work full time. My hobby is gardening. Here lately an awful lot of my time has been spent researching home building, since that is what we are about to do! And I watch too much TV, LOL!!!

Wow Nana that is all very interesting.

I am a boring mom who works outside the home and I lurk on other band groups but do not post. I lied I actually joined Spotlight but am to shy to say anything.

My kiddos take up all my spare time or running errands does. I do love to fish when the weather is warmer actually took them out to the lake on Sat other than that we go camping quite a bit.

Bought a trailer last year cannot wait to use it this year.. Oh yeah addicted to Ebay.

I like to buy the little lucky Bamboo plants and arrange them in new vases with rock or natural stuff I find outside. Just remembered my Money Frog is coming today from Ebay.

I am a pretty much full time archery nut. Help run an archery pro shop, work on compound bows shoot compeition, bowhunt all over the world, write, advise, consult, build custom arrows.

My extra weight has slowed me down and I am hoping my LB will let me be more active.

Moderate two BB's. Own both. One is. single dating site for outdoors singles.

Travel, play with my 2 dogs, shopping for a ranch in Texas.

Then you must know my man 'The Nuge'. :) Where you shopping? I'm in Texas.

Hi all!! I am a full time mom and wife first and foremost...but I hate housework..lol

I was a Realtor but I've given that up until my children are older and less demanding of my time. I thought it would be manageable given I could set my own hours in Real Estate but you really have to put a lot into it in order to be successful and of course most people want to look at houses after work and on weekends...and of course that's when all of my kids activities are!

I have lots of hobbies...I love to read, I love to garden, I love to fish, and my husband just bought me a brand new jetski for my birthday so that's going to be my newest hobby (I'd really like to lose weight and look good on that thing...hehehe)

I also Moderate a very large and very active political message board....so I do spend a lot of time with that...(my husband would tell you TOO MUCH time...lol)

In my first post here on this forum I mentioned that we had a friend who is going to have the procedure done...that friend is Mr. Tink...another new member here. I found this site and sent him the url. Hi Tink! My husband and son are archery nuts too!

Anyway....this is an interesting thread and I've really enjoyed reading here on the forums and have learned so much already.

I took the first step yesterday and called the Dr. office to see about getting an appointment. They said I had to speak to someone in patient advocacy first...so I'm still waiting for them to call me back. I did call and leave a second message today.

Leatha!!!(standing with my hands on my hips) who is 'the Nuge'??? Do tell!!!

great thread idea!!!

Away from LBT, Im a mother of 3 small kids and 1 adult man.... the man being the hardest to raise!