Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

now that he took 3cc out of my band...no heartburn, but hopefully i wont gain any weight

i havent really had too many problems with BGH....i wouldnt switch because dr. hoffman is great and im soooooglad i got him for a doc

now that he took 3cc out of my band...no heartburn, but hopefully i wont gain any weight

I hope not too, the last time he took Fluid out it was like the flood gate was unleashed and I just went for it. I was like an animal who had been starved, and i took full advantage of the situation...I am throwing the sand man your way and hope u sleep well tonight, keep us posted during the week on your heartburn saga..lol..not really funny :thumbup:

Hey Ya'll

how the heck are you all doing?

How is the heartburn for ya? any better?

Just wanted to check in, busy weekend ... sun is finally out so I'm happy about that

Hey Jen, how are ya! My heartburn has pretty much went away a couple days after Dr. H took some fill out. Those first 2 days really was painful but now its pretty good. I also take prilosec for it.

Hi all, I'm new to the site. I am pre-op. Just started south beach diet. Not easy. I was reading your posts and it seems like some people have not been happy with BGH. So far, I have not encountered that but is everyone overall happy with their care?

Hi Twins97,

I'm very happy with the care I receive from Dr Hoffman. He's very kind, caring and is genuinely concerned for his patients. As far as BGH goes... i'm not a fan of that hospital.

Thanks for the replies. I am looking forward to getting the band and changing my life!!

Hey Jen, how are ya! My heartburn has pretty much went away a couple days after Dr. H took some fill out. Those first 2 days really was painful but now its pretty good. I also take prilosec for it.

Good morning, that is good you are feeling better!

Well, Monday morning and it is chilly here, getting myself ready for my morning walk. have to leave in 5 mins for the bus and then off I go.

I feel super bloated and pms, this is going to be interesting since I don't know what is actually going to happen this month, but this would be the week for sure.

Ya'll have anything good planned today?

have a good one

Thanks for the replies. I am looking forward to getting the band and changing my life!!

Hey Twin, I wouldn't change a thing if I had to give up Dr. Hoffman, It is really not the Hospital, just a couple issues with the office...But dr h makes it all worth while......:wink2:

hey all

quiet here today

how are you all doing? Beautiful day on this side of the state, actually left my door open to let some fresh air in

hey all

quiet here today

how are you all doing? Beautiful day on this side of the state, actually left my door open to let some fresh air in

It is GORGEOUS here today also Jenn that is pobably why it is so quiet, had the windows open, heat off, and walked the dogs in my t=shirt....aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!:wink2:

IM Back...

I had a nice time in Miami the sun was warm and I did a lot of walking and sweating! I only gained a .5 of a lb and I think that was from yesterday eating mostly carbs. I had to use my barf bag both times on the plane. I think that the air pressure caused everything to get stuck. Well Im back on track and still ready to get to onderland!! 2 more lbs to go.I hope I can make it before Halloween.

IM Back...

I had a nice time in Miami the sun was warm and I did a lot of walking and sweating! I only gained a .5 of a lb and I think that was from yesterday eating mostly carbs. I had to use my barf bag both times on the plane. I think that the air pressure caused everything to get stuck. Well Im back on track and still ready to get to onderland!! 2 more lbs to go.I hope I can make it before Halloween.

welcome home rain....i am so jealous....

Not doing so great around here. Im eating not so good and getting further away from onderland. I think its the candy!

Welcome back Rain,

All I can say is STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDY! LOL

Ladies, This time of year is much harder to lose, so I'm happy I'm maintaining! With Fall comes the following obsticles:

1 Cold weather and heavier foods, such as chili, stews, meat and potato type of meals.

2. Halloween! candy Candy Candy

3. Thanksgiving. Well, that says it all, it is a food and family holiday with days of prep and eating and days of left overs! Most of this food is cooked with oil, butter, heavy cream, cake, cheesecake, pies, icecream.

4. Xmas season - yes this does start the day after thanksgiving and last an entire 6-8 weeks. Cookies, holiday baking, family and friend gatherings, holiday parties, xmas dinners, post xmas left overs and all the cookies and baked goods you received and finally ending at New Year's dinner, and waking up realizing "What the heck did I do to myself????"

All this comes with shorter days and colder temps so the get up and go for a walk or to the gym is not there like it was!

What can we do about this?

1. Alter those meals, make them with low fat, healthy options! It is possible, pay attention to the ingredients you cook with.

2. Buy halloween candy that you don't like, why torture yourself with having your favorites in the house?

3. Prepare as much food as possible, use healthy options, mashed potatoes with low fat sour cream instead of extra butter and 1/2 and 1/2, make your own deserts instead of purching them, low fat cheesecake, it is possible and really good! Keep enough leftovers for yourfamily for a day or 2 and give the rest away, or if you go out, only bring home enough for a meal and no extra. Don't bring home the entire pie!

4. Xmas - Baking - it happens, try to do it in a day or 2 not over weeks. When go to holiday parties or gatherings. Eat something you know is right before you leave so you don't pick at all the bad evil stuff that is all over. Have a work holiday party with dinner options, make the right choices, remember you have the month of getting bad things here and there, you don't have to do it all in a day!

Make sure to park at the far side of the parking lot, walk the dog an extra time around the block. walk around the mall a time or 2 just to walk, you are already there right?

So there is my food for thought of the day. This just came to me, I know so many people who are having candy issues and that is why I don't have peanut m&m's or peanutbutter cups of any kind in the house.

You guys are great, and we can survive this holiday season!