Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

NBflo Girl I had another fill on wed. they put in 1.5ccfor a total of 4.5cc. I had only lost 1lb. during the 3 weeks with the first fill. The 5 lb. loss is nice but if I keep on having problems I am going to go back to the office. I only get a 2 or 3 SMALL bites of food and I get a buildup of mucous. If I eat a half cup of food a day i'm lucky. Any old bandsters know what's going on? Do I need some Fluid taken out or maybe I am highly sensitive. I've never been scared to eat in my life. I'll see how supper goes. I will supplement with Protein Shakes for now.

buckets, you sound like you have too much restriction..it happened to me and i had to have some removed. dont mess around, call the doc. cause you could make the band slip and have to have further surgery..good luck vicki

Hi everyone, I am not being notified of new posts anymore, I'm glad I came on site. Vicki the clothes go to Harvest House, 1782 Seneca Street but thats where I live to so be sure to stop and see me!

Shar, I only had one fill. I feel restriction and have a lot of silvia. I bought some gum but duh that just makes more juice! Still no real sliming.

This is not the easy way out! It is nice to be able to share with others who understand.

ATTENTION I go to Nutritionist/therapist to help me wrap my head around my weight problem. Her name is Mary Jo Parker. Many people say they would like to have a therapist come to the support meeting. Mary Jo is willing to come to my home (Harvest House) to meet and talk with us. Of course she would have to charge for her time. Everyone would have to share the expense, depending on how many people sign up, I suspect it would be between $10-$25 and I would need the money up front.

Is anyone interested in a group meeting with her?

What evening or time on a Saturday would be best?

Let me know your feelings.

If you want to contact me personally my email is Lindatatu@roadrunner.com

Betsy, I emailed Christa but am not sure I have the right address. Give her mine - Lindatatu@roadrunner.com

thanks linda! My first appointment went well Im having a sleep study this weekend, my physc evaul is next week and i have to have an endoscopy done with dr hoffman and that is on 3-4-09 so heres to hopeing everything goes smoothly

ATTENTION I go to Nutritionist/therapist to help me wrap my head around my weight problem. Her name is Mary Jo Parker. Many people say they would like to have a therapist come to the support meeting. Mary Jo is willing to come to my home (Harvest House) to meet and talk with us. Of course she would have to charge for her time. Everyone would have to share the expense, depending on how many people sign up, I suspect it would be between $10-$25 and I would need the money up front.

Linda, i am intrigued, what does a nutrutionist/therapist actually do..? also is that $15-25 per person...i am assuming. how long would the session be? my e-mail is vslawich4@aol.com..let me know more..vicki

Hi All,

Well i got all my paper work done and back from the pcp.:thumbup:Now i'll be mailing it out on monday, i will also call for my psych. app. Now how long does it take after they get you applacation to call you for a seminar?? Do i have to bug them ?? Well i hope it don't take too long but it probley will. Keep up all the good work everyone is doing and thanks so much for all yours advice.

Kathy (lucky)

Hi All,

Well i got all my paper work done and back from the pcp.:thumbup:Now i'll be mailing it out on monday, i will also call for my psych. app. Now how long does it take after they get you applacation to call you for a seminar?? Do i have to bug them ?? Well i hope it don't take too long but it probley will. Keep up all the good work everyone is doing and thanks so much for all yours advice.

Kathy (lucky)

for me it took FOREVER!! I sent my application in by fax in early August. I called every other week and finally in october was told they had my app and i would be in a seminar soon. I got my letter to attend the seminar in January!! But i went to the January 18th seminar, had my first appointment 2/4/09. Tonight i will have my sleep study, then march 4th my endoscopy and somewhere in there i got in real fast for my physc evaul. So im hoping i can get all done and lose theweight i need to lose before i see the doctor in April. Good luck! I hope i doesnt take to long for you!

Mary Jo Parker is Awesome She worked with my Dad after his heart attack!

For anyone who's had the surgery already...Do you remember how long it is before you can have salad? ?

Never thought I'd say this but I really miss salads for lunch. I go for another appt on tuesday, its my 2nd since the surgery & I'm sure I've gained weight. I feel no restriction still and am able to eat anything which is actually not really good. If anything I think i feel full longer. Its still a struggle psychologically to not eat when your not hungry. I really really hope they are still going to give me a fill.

I think eating certain things is up to you. I eat salad all the time and I have for a while. I just try things at home and see how they sit. They discourage salads only because they do not have Protein and contain a lot of Water. I try and have feta or another cheese and chicken in my salads for the protein. Just try it.

Someone said they got really sick on celery, but did say they ate a lot. I finally gave in and tried it cause I knew it would help me during snacking and it goes down fine also. BUT I have been very fortunate in my experiences I am able to eat most anything I have tried. Just be sure to try it at home first in case it doesn't go down well.

If you can't eat the things you love (and are healthy) your banding experience may have a negative effect. Good luck.

Hi everyone, Yesterday I thought I was going to see someone who had surgery the same day as me. Knowing she would ask how I was doing I decided to look up my statistics and was shocked and dismayed at what I saw.

I lost 19 lbs from my first weigh in to my last pre op weigh in (5 months) and 21 lbs since (4 months). I said to my husband it makes me think I should have stayed on SB but he pointed out and I KNOW I wouldn't have lost the additional 21 and most definitely wouldn't have kept it off.

This banding is wonderful, confusing, frustrating, helpful and a million other confliciting adjectives! I am so glad I have you all to share the journey with!

Linda, I'm also interested in the meeting. I would be interested in fixing or at least taming my bad eating habits. A saturday would be fine as long as I didn't have to work{7-330}.

I've read the band is like a drill sargent-now I know why!!!

Linda, I'm also interested in the meeting. I would be interested in fixing or at least taming my bad eating habits. A saturday would be fine as long as I didn't have to work{7-330}.

I've read the band is like a drill sargent-now I know why!!!

Buckets, how are you doing since your last fill ??

shar