Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hi everyone, Well, I lost 8 lbs the first two weeks after my last fill, november. then during the holidays i gained it back so when i went in tues they said i only gained 2 oz, yes i said 2 oz, however, what they didn't know was that i had lost 8, and then ate like a pig and yadayadayada.....so, i seen Barb, and never got to see dr H. so Barb fills me up 1 cc and when i was leaving, I heard dr. H say what is going on, why am i not seeing any of my patients, andBarb said she was trying to free him up to learn the computer, that is what she told me also, but he was really irritated and so i left and came home, then I tried to eat and OMG!!!!!! I couldn't even swallow Water. nothing, it was like a cork was in my esophogus! so I waited till yesterday morn,and couldn't get through to any human voice, and so i called Lisa, Hoffmans secretary and told her everything and she said she would have Barb call me back, well no call. so last night I felt like I was going to faint from lack of food and water, and I tried to take my medication which I have to take or my level drops (coumadin) and it woudn't go down and then I threw up. Not PB but vomited. so I called again this a.m and they told me to come right in and barb said she didn't get the message which does not surprise me. she deflated me by 0.5cc and she also had a hard time entering my port, even though it does stick out also. I can eat and drink now, surprized at how a litll 0.5cc's can make that much difference. Oh, and guess what they weighed me and I lost 5.3 lbs... wouldn't recommend it that way though...... nice to meet you linda and rain and Dee looks amazing. hope to make the wed meeting...talk soon .............vicki

Oh Vicki how horrible. I am so surprised at how much restriction I feel also. This is my first fill and I am the person who could eat 16 oz of popcorn and now every bite is a chore! If I stay away from the bad soft foods I should lose. BTW Rain, I have never been told any numbers regarding body fat and I didn't even get a "sticky" on Tuesday with my weight. BUT Dr. H told me I probably gained muscle and Wednesday I put on my dress pants and they were too big! I let my clothes tell me not the scale! In fact I have some clothes to bring Wednesday to the meeting.

Betsy - come walking and we will tell you everything you need to know! LOL Seriously, get copies of any past test you have had done, Mammograms, Scans, Scopes, sleep Studys etc. More is better.

HEY BANDSTERS - MEET AT GALLERIA MALL AT 8AM SATURDAYS AT THE UPPER ENTRANCE NEXT TO MACYS TO WALK!

Hi everyone, Well, I lost 8 lbs the first two weeks after my last fill, november. then during the holidays i gained it back so when i went in tues they said i only gained 2 oz, yes i said 2 oz, however, what they didn't know was that i had lost 8, and then ate like a pig and yadayadayada.....so, i seen Barb, and never got to see dr H. so Barb fills me up 1 cc and when i was leaving, I heard dr. H say what is going on, why am i not seeing any of my patients, andBarb said she was trying to free him up to learn the computer, that is what she told me also, but he was really irritated and so i left and came home, then I tried to eat and OMG!!!!!! I couldn't even swallow Water. nothing, it was like a cork was in my esophogus! so I waited till yesterday morn,and couldn't get through to any human voice, and so i called Lisa, Hoffmans secretary and told her everything and she said she would have Barb call me back, well no call. so last night I felt like I was going to faint from lack of food and water, and I tried to take my medication which I have to take or my level drops (coumadin) and it woudn't go down and then I threw up. Not PB but vomited. so I called again this a.m and they told me to come right in and barb said she didn't get the message which does not surprise me. she deflated me by 0.5cc and she also had a hard time entering my port, even though it does stick out also. I can eat and drink now, surprized at how a litll 0.5cc's can make that much difference. Oh, and guess what they weighed me and I lost 5.3 lbs... wouldn't recommend it that way though...... nice to meet you linda and rain and Dee looks amazing. hope to make the wed meeting...talk soon .............vicki

Vicki, what a horrible experience that must have been. I got my first fill on monday and Lori wouldn't let me leave until I drank (slowly) about 1/3 cup of water in front of her. It was ok and it gave me more time with her to ask questions and all. Did Barb have you drink anything before you left her ?

Since Monday, I got on the scale today and lost 1 lb. I was so excited that you would have thought that I lost 5 lbs ! Since I haven't lost anything in over a month !! I hope this will continue now. I was getting very discouraged but Lori didn't seem to be surprised or upset with me at all. Maybe because I didn't gain at all. Hope to see you all on wednesday, weather permitting !!

shar

Sorry Vicki to hear about your fill, but hey you lost weight.

I have had 3 fills all done by Dr. H and have never been made to drink anything. Im happy that this fill seems just right, but I do have to be careful. I now have to chew chew chew and eat very small bites!

I wish i could walk this weekend :( we only have one car and the fiancee is working but i will be there next weekend! I have my first appointment. Christa made me call the second i got to work this morning and i got to talk to marietta and my appointment is 2/4/09!! im doing my cortisol test this weekend. ands and getting all my results together!

this is the very first time i was asked to drink some Water, cause dr H, doesn't have me drink after fills and I told Barb it was moving very slowly and she just said to call if i had any problems.....Also, I gained 3 lbs back so it was probably just water weight...I am eating now with little restriction, it seems so wierd that .5 cc could mean such a big difference between not drinking liquids and eating still more than i should be.?????? who new food would be the center of my life even after the band! vicki

Does anyone know if there is a limit of food in-take with each meal at this point (less than 6-12 months).? Maybe 1 cup or would it be less than a cup ?

shar

Hi Lucky here,

Its been awhile. Iam glad to see everyone is doing good:thumbup: Well i went to see my PCP about a weekago. Told him not to get mad but i was starting the prosses of the LapBand surgery. He said he was not mad , he said why would he be. So i gave him my paper work . I went yesterday after work to pick it up and it was not done yet:cursing: The assis. said he had a bad week!!!!!!:) He is coping all my reports from my other doctors for me too.

I need to know who to go to for my pshy. examine. Does anyone have any suggestions????? So when i get the papers back form mine pcp, i'll mail them in. So how long time i get an appointment for the seminar???Well take care everyone and keep up the good work:thumbup:

Hi Lucky here,

Its been awhile. Iam glad to see everyone is doing good:thumbup: Well i went to see my PCP about a weekago. Told him not to get mad but i was starting the prosses of the LapBand surgery. He said he was not mad , he said why would he be. So i gave him my paper work . I went yesterday after work to pick it up and it was not done yet:cursing: The assis. said he had a bad week!!!!!!:) He is coping all my reports from my other doctors for me too.

I need to know who to go to for my pshy. examine. Does anyone have any suggestions????? So when i get the papers back form mine pcp, i'll mail them in. So how long time i get an appointment for the seminar???Well take care everyone and keep up the good work:thumbup:

Make sure you make copies of everything you or your doctor sends in to them, things tend to get lost or misplaced for a little while. It may take awhile to get into the seminar too. Dont get discouraged, it took me 4 months but others only 1-2 months. They only have the seminar 1x per month. Then they ususally call you w/in 1 week to schedule your 1st 3 hour appt.

I would try Dr Ron Lelito for the psych appt. He is on Main St in Williamsville. He was pretty good & direct, he's very familiar with the process & what info BGH will be looking for. A lot of other ppl on this site went to see him too. I would call now, it took me a month to get my appt with him. I wouldnt go crazy getting any unnecessary tests done too early, at your 1st appt they will tell you exactly what they need from you. Everyone's is a little different depending on your medical backround. I had to have a sleep study, psych test & an EGD since they were concerned about my problem w/acid reflux. If you've had any other major tests done recently, even like a colonoscopy they will want that doctor to send them copies of all the results.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Danielle

ok i think im gonna come

China,

the meeting is this wednesday 6pm..

shar

I'm hoping to come to the support meeting this week!! I feel like I haven't been doing well at all, so I need a boost.

:drool:I have my 3hr consult tomorrow . Are there any questions I should ask?

is the support meeting wed? or Thurs? i havent had my appontment yet i will on 2/4/09 but i would love to hear what everyone has to say