Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Linda, what happens if you swallow it by mistake ?? It would probably be alright if you chew just for the flavor and spit it out after a couple of minutes but maybe some altoids would be better. I would hate to think if it getting stuck since you really can't digest it, could you ??

shar

Linda, I am a gum chewer and I asked Dr. H about it and he said "they have wierd rules here" and said chew gum if you want to chew gum. so I have been since 6 weeks after surg. The gum is so small, i cant imagine it getting stuck unless your super tight anyway, cause i can swallow stuff larger than a little piece of gum.

Also, you don't have to be a snorer to have apnea and you can snore and not have apnea. so the only true way to tell is a sleep study test..

Does anyone have chest pain when they overeat? I asked Barb and she said to ask my primary about it cause she heard me say I have "chest pain" but I know it is associated with the band and overeating especially since pre fill it was on the left side and today it is on the right side. It is anonying and kept me up all night.

I know they say everyone is different and someone described sliming at the support meeting so I don't think this is that but I get "silivaing". It has happened more than once but yesterday I must have taken too big a bite and ooooh it hurt and I spent the next few minutes spitting up siliva and praying for a big burp. LOL

I am in a whole new world since getting a fill. I wonder how long it will take me to learn not to overeat and chew my food? :w00t:

i have had chest pain...linda usually when i eat too much...the first time it happened i knew it was the band but it was right where it would be for a heart attack...made me a little nervous at first

LIinda,

I get the pain in my left shoulder when I eat to much. I also cough!

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can give me phone number so i can get my physic. eval done. I live out by Arcade ny but comming to the city is no probley espically with directions. Thank for any help.

kathy

Lucky Kathy,

Whoever you decide to go to, call asap because sometimes you need to wait weeks for an appointment.

The psych group that Hoffman and Posner work with is Suburban Psych Associates, 85 Bryant Woods, Amherst, NY .. The phone # is 716-689-3333. When you call to make an appointment, ask them for directions. I wouldn't even begin to tell you how to get there from Arcade.

Recently I have read advice from some of the girls for you to go to Dr. Ron Lelito.. I went to him and it was all for nothing because I was told by the clinic, maybe Barb, I don't remember, that I had to go to Suburban. Lelito deals with Dr. Caruanna's patients. Actually, he would be easier for you to get to because he is right on Main Street in Williamsville. If you opt to go to him, check with the clinic first so you don't waist your time and money like I did. Good Luck..

shar

I just started the South Beach Diet . I hope I can do it. What kind of multi-vitamins and Calcium pills should I take and when do I start them?

I used Lelito, and my stuff got to BGH pretty promptly. I think the only people that BGH wants you to use exclusively is Quest Diagnostics because the results are easily transferred to them.

It was great meeting everyone at the meeting. Linda- I have gotten chest tightness usually midline when something was stuck, I felt like i needed to burp.If i tried to wait It sometimes would proceed to sliming and spitting up which usually alleviated the discomfort. I have also experienced hiccuping - usually an indicator that i did something wrong-too fast-toomuch-toobig? I have been very careful following the rules regarding small bites and slowing down and it has made a big difference. Thank you for letting me borrow your book, I will return it at the next meeting.

is anyone going to be at the clinic today. i have to go there today at 1pm.

1 week until my first visit :thumbup: i have all my blood work done i called Suburban Psychand they dont take my insurance!

Betsy, Maybe Lelito will take the insurance.. Its unfortunate that I was told that I had to go to the other.. like I have extra money to throw around !! Anyway, Lelito was very nice and he is on Main St in Williamsville. I was able to get in right away with him.

Buckets, I called to get another fill yesterday and they won't take me until I am 3 weeks out from my last. So in order to get Lori, I had to wait an extra week. I am going Feb 2 at 9:30.. anyone else going on that day ?

shar

hi all well i went in and got a fill today. dr hoffman gave me 1.5cc's so now i have 3cc in total. he gave me some numbing med before he gave the fill it was fine i was worrying for nothing. i came home and slept for the day. was wondering for those of you that still have monthlys did it change much. i have never had cramps or anything but, today i had to take pain meds just to deal with it. and the pain i was having in my side is getting better.

I just started the South Beach Diet . I hope I can do it. What kind of multi-vitamins and Calcium pills should I take and when do I start them?

I was told before surgery any Multivitamin would b good. After surgery you have to use the chewables. I hate the flintstone vit. so I use Viactiv chews, they're pretty good. Also you'll have to take 2 addtnl calcium chews, I just got the Target brand and it seems just as good. (The caramel ones are the best:) I think you just have to make sure you get at least 600mg of calcium.