Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

they have one in july as barb told me they would when i was there next week. no meeting in august

Ok thanks Val for asking. I knew it was one of that they do'nt have a meeting.

im thinking of sept 12th for our picnic...what does everyone think...is that doable?

im thinking of sept 12th for our picnic...what does everyone think...is that doable?

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME VAL, IT WILL BE COOLER TOO...jUST GOT BACK FROM HOFFMANS AND I ONLY LOST 4.5 LBS IN 8 1/2 WEEKS, BUT REALLY, I LOST IT 2 WEEKS AGO ON Atkins. HE WAS GONNA FILL ME, BUT I DONT THINK I NEED A FILL, SO I SAID MY RESTRICTION IS GOOD, DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, IM EXCERSIZING, DIETING, ETC, AND HE SAID "WELL, AS U GET "OLDER", HUH?, I REMEMBER WHEN THE DRS WHERE OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY FATHER AND NOW THEY CAN BE MY SON.....GRRRRRRR......ANYWAY, HE SAID TO SAY HELLO VAL AND IS GLAD YOUR DOING WELL, SAYS HE HAS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THE SLEEVE AND I SAID I WAS JELOUSE...LOL ...TALK TO U GUYS LATER :)

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME VAL, IT WILL BE COOLER TOO...jUST GOT BACK FROM HOFFMANS AND I ONLY LOST 4.5 LBS IN 8 1/2 WEEKS, BUT REALLY, I LOST IT 2 WEEKS AGO ON Atkins. HE WAS GONNA FILL ME, BUT I DONT THINK I NEED A FILL, SO I SAID MY RESTRICTION IS GOOD, DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, IM EXCERSIZING, DIETING, ETC, AND HE SAID "WELL, AS U GET "OLDER", HUH?, I REMEMBER WHEN THE DRS WHERE OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY FATHER AND NOW THEY CAN BE MY SON.....GRRRRRRR......ANYWAY, HE SAID TO SAY HELLO VAL AND IS GLAD YOUR DOING WELL, SAYS HE HAS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THE SLEEVE AND I SAID I WAS JELOUSE...LOL ...TALK TO U GUYS LATER :eek:

Congrats Vicki on your weightloss! It's finally coming off!

How dare that "youngun" say you gettin older:lol: I hope you told him you're not getting older but better!

I think my restriction is good too, I just have to leave them carbs alone :)

The 11th would be better for me, but I probably could do the 12th.

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME VAL, IT WILL BE COOLER TOO...jUST GOT BACK FROM HOFFMANS AND I ONLY LOST 4.5 LBS IN 8 1/2 WEEKS, BUT REALLY, I LOST IT 2 WEEKS AGO ON Atkins. HE WAS GONNA FILL ME, BUT I DONT THINK I NEED A FILL, SO I SAID MY RESTRICTION IS GOOD, DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, IM EXCERSIZING, DIETING, ETC, AND HE SAID "WELL, AS U GET "OLDER", HUH?, I REMEMBER WHEN THE DRS WHERE OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY FATHER AND NOW THEY CAN BE MY SON.....GRRRRRRR......ANYWAY, HE SAID TO SAY HELLO VAL AND IS GLAD YOUR DOING WELL, SAYS HE HAS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THE SLEEVE AND I SAID I WAS JELOUSE...LOL ...TALK TO U GUYS LATER :)

He went on vacation July 1, for all his hard work I was hoping he'd get a longer vacation. Thought he would be off a month. He does one surgery after another! Very dedicated.

I don't think you did so badly, 4.5 is good for being over a year banded. Look where you started... you are doing fantastic. Yes, I'm sticking with low carbs so I can lose the maximum amount while I can. Age definitely hinders progress.

Curious as to what you guys will be eating at your picnic. Certainly not steak and fries. :eek:

Edited by Barbee

i have to watch everything that goes in my mouth, even when i had the band. i did lose a lot with the band but it took me 2 yrs to do it and most of the time it was a .5 to 1 lb per week. it is still hard

not steak and fries, but burgers, veggie and turkey, salad and some healthier options. i recently got a hungry girl cookbook and has some nice recipes that are low in calories

i can do the 11th but with it being 9/11 i wasnt sure if people wanted to do it that day. either day is fine i just need to know which

I'm on softies til Monday.... then they said I could start on regular food, but I'm afraid. What should I start with and any advice?

Tonight's supper... creamed carrots and mashed potatoes...about 3 TBSPs of each... and I'm done. I am anxious to go to foods, but afraid and because I want the surgery to give me the best results I'd like to stick with low carb.

i can do the 11th but with it being 9/11 i wasnt sure if people wanted to do it that day. either day is fine i just need to know which

the 11th is fine with me too val, either way. uh oh, never mind i have a huge party on 9/11 and have to go, sh**...well whatever u decide, if i can be there, ill let u know..,, How r u feeling val, is it a different feeling restriction than from the band? what does it feel like, r u losing faster.? we can eat streak.

Hello Everyone!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I went and had my first Dr. Appointment today since surgery (June 28th). I was told everything is great. I have a 14cc band. I was bumped up to Mushies today THANK THE LORD ALLMIGHTY!! And was told I can go back to work Monday the 26th with the restriction still of not lifting anything over 10 pounds. Was also told I can go back to the gym as long as all I do is the treadmill on level no incline and I can go swimming now! *happy wiggles all over the place*

Im so glad to be on this side of the journey. I am also so very greatful to have all of you as support and encouragement!! Thank you all!

~Anny

you can try tuna, egg salad, cottage cheese...things like that to start, then go more solid as you tolerate. you do want to stay aay from the high carb foods, your weight loss will be better

im feeling good vicki, just tired. but i walk everyday. i have lost about 12 lbs so far. i just started on mushies

glad everything is going well for u anny