Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ever had regret

This is a frequently asked question here, and it's a good one. For a diverse group of answers, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on any of the several threads you find there. Also I'd suggest doing an advanced search for thread titles like second thoughts.

I've never regretted it, not once.

I've been banded for almost 3 months and I've never regretted it. :cursing:

Interesting question. I suppose the easy answer for me is no, I've never regretted it. Though I haven't had any serious complications yet either. Except the time I was dealing with some severe heartburn and acid reflux due to being over-filled and resisting getting the unfill I knew needed. Even then I didn't regret the band one moment.

Harder answer: I may not regret having the band but I would be lying if I said there were never moments even if only in passing that I wonder what it would be like to be able to sit down and eat a deep dish pizza crust and all or to enjoy a Rueben Sandwich. But those passing thoughts are more like those of an adult thinking back to the days of their childhood. No matter how fond the memories not many of us would really want to have to go through puberty all over again.

Honestly, if I had to choose I think I'd pick going back to being a child and reliving puberty over living life overweight without the band any day. And technically if I reallly wanted the pizza and sandwiches I could go in for a temporary complete unfill. But I can still get the taste of any food I might want to if not in the volume I use to and the idea of having an unfill just so I can wolf down my food without chewing is just not worth it to me anymore.

A hair shy of 2 years out and even at my worst (which has to be hunched over a public toilet spewing out what looks like Shampoo lather... or maybe it was having to have a virtual stranger co-worker pull off the interstate 20 times, en route to an emergency unfill, so I could yak gallons of egg white out her car door...or...) I have truly and with all serious never once regretted my band. I've never even wondered if I regret it.

My only regret -- not capitalizing more on the first 6 months.

It's only been 2 months and I have no regrets but just last night I got home from work late because of the weather, my nanny left the minute I walked in and the kids were driving me batty because the storm knocked out our cable and all I wanted to do was eat the pizza that was on the counter. So at that moment I wished I could eat and got very frustrated. I guess in that moment I realized how I turned to food to cope with stress so that just re-affirmed why I got my band so I no longer regretted it.

I've had my band for 11 months. Seriously, some of the time I've had it, it was a huge pain in the arse. When I got on the scale and it said 220, I freaked out. I haven't been that weight since middle school...

All of the crap that you go through is worth it in the end if you just stick with it and do what you're supposed to. Plain and simple.

I haven't regretted it yet. But to me the band is like dealing with your DH or SO, you love it 99.9% of the time and there's that .1% of the time that you're hating it. I figure I can deal with it. I just don't like pbing (which I've been good at avoiding lately) and some wierd side effects of running due to the band (can't swallow my spit when I run, but we're talking about at speeds of 5 MPH.

I was banded 1 year ago (2/15) and there have been ups and downs but overall it was a great decision and I have never regretted getting banded!

July will be 2 years for me.

I have not regretted it for one second.

I know in my heart that I would have regretted it had I NOT gone through with banding. I'd still be fat and depressed about it.

I have to admit, there was one night where I was thinking, "what have I done to myself?" That was the night of the surgery when I could not, for the life of me, get comfortable. Then, the next day when I felt soooo much better, I thought, "I'm glad I did do this." I wouldn't call it regret, but maybe a moment's pause in reflection. And I think it was completely normal. I certainly wish I could have lost the weight without surgery because why have any surgery if you don't have to? So I guess it was more about having surgery than having the lap band.

But so far, so good. I feel wonderful, I've lost a little weight, and I haven't had any complications.

Thanks for all the responses I hope I dont ever regret it.....I cant wait to not just be the fat girl with a pretty face

I just got my surgery date today March 4

I am really excited and nervous

I sometimes regreat it but mostly because my doctor is a real jerk you can barely ask he anything i have barely had and any fills when i go he alway says im to tight and cant get much in i qustion(SP) him he get a real bad attitude Im 6months out and some times feel like there is something wrong the way i have be feeling I DONT FILL LIKE THERE IS MUCH IN THERE and im sure he not keeping records of it because he said i had four fills and my file it says i have 2.6:sneaky: you would think i would have more by now i would go to a diffrent doc i think i would like it a whole lot better i dont have anyone else to go to here there is only one other doc here and his is in his office so far i have lost 40lbs but just kinda stuck there now thanks just had to vent lindaday