Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting & keeping a boy/girlfriend?

haha definitely DON'T get a boyfriend now. wait until you're all hot and sexy before you pick your choice :laugh:

i'm lucky in the sense that i have one that loves me very much despite my weight. guys like these are keepers, defo. i don't treat him seriously though, because of my insecurities due to my weight sigh.

i've definitely felt conscious when talking to guys i like, and my weight and size has pretty much prohibited me from asking anyone out. however i've seen big girls who are very confident with themselves and they are absolutely oozing with sexiness!

don't get your knickers all twisted finding one now, work on yourself and someone will definitely come your way, like it or not lol. definitely don't let anyone pressure you into getting one. know what you want, know what's best for yourself :lol:

im zoe im getting lapbanding on sept 9, im 18 and weigh 150kilos and im 170cm, i have never had a boyfriend.

fun story

i just read what i wrote like months ago

and since then, i've been getting so much attention, its a bit ridiculous.

still single tho.

ladies, hit me up

lols

So, I've lost a bit of weight since I started this thread & gained the tiniest bit of confidence, but it has definitely helped. No boyfriend right now though. But that's cool.

i've had a boyfriend, =/ wasnt nothing special, not a virgin(:thumbdown:), been kissed, last kiss was amazing,(not the guy i had as bf) but he scares me now kinda, he broke my heart last year(not the guy i had as a bf) so i feel that every guy i meet will do the same. im so shy i cant even look a guy in the face cause i think hes starring at my ugliness(lol) but i hope when i lose most of my weight i find someone i can trust and be with for a long time maybe forever? i dont know, i want to lose weight first though, yet im also scared that i wont find somebody, maybe my confidence level will go up =D

I've been in a relationship with a girl whose skinny now for about 3 months, we've known each other for years. She's skinny and I'm overweight but it doesnt seem to bother her. I even got the Lap-Band without her knowing.

Yea the whole boyfriend thing is quite hard. My first (and only) relationship was when I was 13 and it was with my best friend. We'd known each other since 5th grade and I fell in love with him. I thought he was perfect and i thought i was lucky that he even wanted to talk to me (bad self confidence) And we talked for 8 hours every day on the phone and talked about sex and such but in school he would only talk to me when we were alone, and would never tell his friends about me. Maybe he was embarrassed? idk but it was riddiculous since it wasn't like i was unpopular (and he was quite unpopular) and i don't think people would have made fun of him. People actually made fun of me for liking him. anyways, one day i went to school and he was with some girl by his locker (she was thin and small but a total bitch) and when i asked him what was going on he was like " i have a girlfriend now, i don't need you" and he hasn't talked to me since. So yea. i've just spent this time looking after myself and loving myself. and gaining self confidence of course :biggrin: like, i'm a musician and i play guitar and sing and i was always afraid to go on stage cause i thought people wouldn't like me cause i was fat. Now, i'm performing and i'm loving me :angel_smile: all about perspective. You don't need a bf/gf to feel good about youself. And, if they don't want you, it's their loss and your gain :tongue:

self-confidence is definately key to catching a boy/girlfriend

If you don't care how other people percieve you (being fat, for example) then they will find you more attractive. You should feel confident about who you are and what you look like.

Do you like being around people who are afraid to do anythings fun or different? Do you like being around people who hate themselves or constantly complain about their appearance?

This is something I learned after I left high school. I strut what I've got and I do not let my weight keep me down. I'm now engaged to an awesome guy who loves me for who I am. He loved me when I was at 262 pounds and he is supporting me through my weight-loss process. The first thing that he found attractive in me was that I was very secure with who I was.

Believe me I am not settling for the first guy that looked my way. I've had several other opportunities (since my change of perspective) to be with other guys. You should never settle and you should be happy with who you are with.

I've been in 3 relationships before I was only truly in love with one of them and he broke my heart. I understand the whole I don't know if guys will want to be with me because I'm over weight thing...But theres someone out there for everyone and you just got to wait and let it happen you can't put yourself down just because you dont have a boyfriend. That should make you want to work harder to look better and be healthier! :)

I have found that relationships after being banded are far more difficult and complicated but not impossible. It seems that people need to realize that beauty comes from inside out, not outside in. I'm sure that everybody on these forums is beautiful in their own way but it just takes times to find that special someone.

xJMorgan