Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

I hope you feel better Pamela. Do you have a walk-in clinic near you? If it gets really painful over the weekend, I wouldn't wait until Monday.

We do have a walk-in clinic, so if it's bad tomorrow, I'll go ahead and go. Thanks for your concern!

The scales may not be moving but I'm losing inches!! I just got into a pair of pants I haven't worn in over a year- actually a couple of pairs of pants!!! SO YAY! I go for my next fill on thursday and I can't wait to see if I have some restriction!! I totally blew my 'eating on plan' yesterday. We went shopping and ate out three times and restaurant food has SOO many calories- even healthy stuff (of course nothing I ate was even remotely healthy) Oh well, fall off ya just gotta get back on!! Anyway good luck to the surgery folks this upcoming week- update when you feel you can!

Mia;

Congratulations on your first NSV!!! The numbers are moving slowly for me at this point as well, but my first fill is on tomorrow and I am so excited! I hope to be one of those lucky ones who hits their sweet-spot with the first one!! During my initial consultation Terri told me that some only need one fill and most only need two. Hopefully I'll be in the first category. Do you not feel any restriction at all with the fill given at the time of your port revision?

Very cool, Mia! I've been dieting since January myself and I know how awesome it is when clothes get looser and tight clothes fit again. I can't wait to get into some clothes I've had for 8 years that I can no longer fit into! They are probably so out of style, but I don't care - I am wearing them this summer!

My inner chicken is in full force right now. I think that I may actually enter the OR clucking...possibly sprouting tufts of feathers.

I have cleaned my house so well that Martha Stewart would be envious...just so I can *not* obsess about what will occur tomorrow.

I went to the chinese restaurant across the street to get 4 containers of wonton Soup. The lil lady looked up me, held up four fingers, and replied, "four?". "Yes, ma'am four containers of Wonton Soup" (some member of this site said she'd get wonton soup without the wontons...and therefore started calling it "nonton" soup).

I have sent out my paranoid, "If i don't make it through surgery please know that i love you and please make sure that.....(insert overly dramatic plea here)" emails to all my friends who I am sure will use them as some form of blackmail in the near future.

I've made a list of the things that i will bring to the hospital as well as picked out what I will wear to the hospital. I think i even obsessed over the print of my underwear.

I think that I am caught in some big time space vortex because I don't ever remember time ticking along so S L O W L Y ..

:: insert overly dramatic oscar winning sigh here ::

If this is not my last post between now and tomorrow, please try to refrain from snickering in my face at my cowardice...

..At least have the decency to do it behind my back. :blush:

Anyone have any last minute advice for me? Other than for me to "just relax?"

Oh. How is Georgia Girl doing? Anyone heard from her?

--Brina

No that is not a yellow streak down my back..it is more of a citrus or a lemon color. :thumbdown:

Mia;

Congratulations on your first NSV!!! The numbers are moving slowly for me at this point as well, but my first fill is on tomorrow and I am so excited! I hope to be one of those lucky ones who hits their sweet-spot with the first one!! During my initial consultation Terri told me that some only need one fill and most only need two. Hopefully I'll be in the first category. Do you not feel any restriction at all with the fill given at the time of your port revision?

No, I don't feel any restriction at all =( Dr. Bagnato said that most ppl probably don't with the first fill. I will get a good bit of a fill this time- so I am hoping it really kick starts some weight loss for me!! Don't be too dissapointed if you don't feel any either with your first fill. It will be awesome if you do- PS update on how the fill went- this will be my first /awake/ fill on this thursday- so I will be all ears on how it goes!!

Very cool, Mia! I've been dieting since January myself and I know how awesome it is when clothes get looser and tight clothes fit again. I can't wait to get into some clothes I've had for 8 years that I can no longer fit into! They are probably so out of style, but I don't care - I am wearing them this summer!

I have a ton of cute clothes that are still way too tight on me, and I'll wear them till I can't fit in them anymore myself! It felt SO good to get into that pair of jeans!! In fact, I've worn them at least once every day this weekend, lol- I tried on a pair of capris that I have- still a good bit too tight-dangit- but I will get in them! Good luck on your surgery.

My inner chicken is in full force right now. I think that I may actually enter the OR clucking...possibly sprouting tufts of feathers.

I have cleaned my house so well that Martha Stewart would be envious...just so I can *not* obsess about what will occur tomorrow.

I went to the chinese restaurant across the street to get 4 containers of wonton Soup. The lil lady looked up me, held up four fingers, and replied, "four?". "Yes, ma'am four containers of Wonton Soup" (some member of this site said she'd get wonton Soup without the wontons...and therefore started calling it "nonton" soup).

I have sent out my paranoid, "If i don't make it through surgery please know that i love you and please make sure that.....(insert overly dramatic plea here)" emails to all my friends who I am sure will use them as some form of blackmail in the near future.

I've made a list of the things that i will bring to the hospital as well as picked out what I will wear to the hospital. I think i even obsessed over the print of my underwear.

I think that I am caught in some big time space vortex because I don't ever remember time ticking along so S L O W L Y ..

:: insert overly dramatic oscar winning sigh here ::

If this is not my last post between now and tomorrow, please try to refrain from snickering in my face at my cowardice...

..At least have the decency to do it behind my back. :blush:

Anyone have any last minute advice for me? Other than for me to "just relax?"

--Brina

No that is not a yellow streak down my back..it is more of a citrus or a lemon color. :thumbdown:

Brina-

I can understand keeping yourself busy- it will do you some good!! Did you get your ride situation worked out? Everything is going to be fine and the next post from you will be of you at home and LOVIN the drugs! LOL You will do just fine! Good Luck!

Hey everyone! I haven't been on LBT until this evening. My son was up just about all night. He's not sick or anything, but I think he had a bad dream and it just scared the mess out of him. So we went to church this morning, then came home and took a nap for a few hours.

You know, the weirdest things are happening to me. I thought for sure I had a kidney or urinary tract infection. I don't mean to be graphic but, there was blood when I wiped after urinating and the area was swollen and hurting. Well, today if feels completely normal and no more blood. I don't know what's going on with me, but I'm glad to be feeling better.

Brina: I know you are nervous, excited, anxious, scared, etc., but it will be over before you know it. I laughed at your post because I clean when I am nervous or angry about something (I do some of my best cleaning when DH and I have an argument, lol). Try to get some sleep tonight, you've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow. Please let us know how everything went as soon as you feel like posting. Your in my prayers tonight!

The scales may not be moving but I'm losing inches!! I just got into a pair of pants I haven't worn in over a year- actually a couple of pairs of pants!!! SO YAY! I go for my next fill on thursday and I can't wait to see if I have some restriction!! I totally blew my 'eating on plan' yesterday. We went shopping and ate out three times and restaurant food has SOO many calories- even healthy stuff (of course nothing I ate was even remotely healthy) Oh well, fall off ya just gotta get back on!! Anyway good luck to the surgery folks this upcoming week- update when you feel you can!

Mia, congrats on the NSV! It feels good, doesn't it! I went to church this morning in a pair of dress pants that were pretty much falling off of me. I'll be glad when I get to goal, clothes are so expensive. Anyways, I'd rather wear my pants that are falling off of me than be as big as I was pre-band. I am so grateful for the band.

I hope this next fill does the trick for you. It gets so much easier once you have decent restriction. I have had to use a lot of willpower up until my last fill. I've had 5 fills and I think I may at my "sweet spot" (fingers crossed it stays that way). The first fill did absolutely nothing for me. As for the others, I did feel some restriction but it would go away after a week or so.

Hey I emailed Terri at Dr. B's office on friday asking about the size of the band situation- Here is her response- Makes sense but I had invisioned in my head that the reason I ate SO much was because I had stretched my stomach to such a large capacity that it took a ton of food for me to feel full- I guess that still could be true though- because he places the band at the top of the stomach which is considerably smaller than the rest.

Terri's response:

Everybody is different on the inside and out. I know it sounds strange but when you are big on the outside that is not a given to being big on the inside. Example: larger women tend to have a c-section when giving birth because they have smaller pelvis’s. smaller women can give birth more naturally because their pelvis is larger. I know that example doesn’t have anything to do with the lap band but it was what I could think of. I hoped it helped.

Oh- BTW- Georgia Girl- any plans for another support group meeting? We should get something together! It will be great motivation for all of us- And this time I PROMISE not to have surgery!

Good luck, Brina! I hope your surgery goes well today! I'm thinking of you...but then again, you are probably done by now!

Georgia Girl, glad you are feeling better. When you loose weight, weird things happen with your cycle, so maybe it is something in that area. Hormones do crazy things to us!

Mia, thanks for finding that out on the band. I think I read that somewhere on this site, actually, now that you mention it.

Okay, I'm not freaking out too much about my surgery on Wednesday, but I did re-read my info again last night and the idea of drinking has been freaking a bit. All of the "drink slowly" warnings together with the fear of dehydration - I don't know what to do! Tell me how you guys did with this. I usually fill a glass of Water in the morning and add a straw and I sip throughout the day. I tend to get all my Water in this way. Can I still do this?

Oh- BTW- Georgia Girl- any plans for another support group meeting? We should get something together! It will be great motivation for all of us- And this time I PROMISE not to have surgery!

Yes, I've been meaning to sit down and figure out a date.

I just checked out the calendar, what about March 13th (it's on a Thursday)? Let me know what you guys think.

Good luck, Brina! I hope your surgery goes well today! I'm thinking of you...but then again, you are probably done by now!

Georgia Girl, glad you are feeling better. When you loose weight, weird things happen with your cycle, so maybe it is something in that area. Hormones do crazy things to us!

Mia, thanks for finding that out on the band. I think I read that somewhere on this site, actually, now that you mention it.

Okay, I'm not freaking out too much about my surgery on Wednesday, but I did re-read my info again last night and the idea of drinking has been freaking a bit. All of the "drink slowly" warnings together with the fear of dehydration - I don't know what to do! Tell me how you guys did with this. I usually fill a glass of Water in the morning and add a straw and I sip throughout the day. I tend to get all my Water in this way. Can I still do this?

Whenever I drink through a straw I get horrible gas- it seems it brings too much air in- Also with a straw you tend to take bigger gulps of Fluid than reccomended. Keep that in mind- you might be able to do it successfully- I still can't.