Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Pamela

Thank you so much! I am out of town this week doing route inspections so I won't know how much I lose over the course of the week and it is going to drive me nuts!!!! I know I am not supposed to but I weigh every morning and it really moivates me.

You are doing great too with your weight loss. Keep up whatever you are doing. Are you working out? I have to start doing some sort of exercise again and then I really would see the pounds leave....

Take care!

Jeannie

I really need to be working out but I haven't in a while. I've been dealing with a leg injury for about a week now. I kept telling myself that I probably just stepped wrong or something, but it keeps getting worse and worse. I don't know if I pulled something or what. I'm going to give it one more week and if it's not better, I guess I'll have to go get some x-rays.

My weight has been at a standstill for over a week now. I really wanted to meet my Valentine's goal, but I'm not sure I will. I go tomorrow, or today rather, for an assessment. I think even a small fill might get me where I need to be. I actually gained a couple of pounds in the last week, so I hope I get one.

Oh, I am also guilty of weighing everyday too! I just can't help it!!

Pamela

Did you get a fill today? I am sorry you are having problems with your leg ho[efully that will work out soon.

I am in Brunswick doing route inspections this week and walking my butt off. I can't wait to get home to weigh. The only draw back is that alot of us are going to dinner every ight and I keep trying to eat too muchand making myself miserable. I am living out of a suit case for the week and ended up bringing lots of clothes that are too big so I guess I need to go do some shopping.

Take care.

Pamela

Did you get a fill today? I am sorry you are having problems with your leg ho[efully that will work out soon.

I am in Brunswick doing route inspections this week and walking my butt off. I can't wait to get home to weigh. The only draw back is that alot of us are going to dinner every ight and I keep trying to eat too muchand making myself miserable. I am living out of a suit case for the week and ended up bringing lots of clothes that are too big so I guess I need to go do some shopping.

Take care.

Hey Jeannie!

Yes, I did get a fill today! She gave me 1/2 cc, which I think may put me in the green zone! I now have 6.5cc in my band. I had lost 9 lbs since my last visit, 1 lb shy of meeting my 2 lb per week goal.

Do you not have access to scales? That would absolutely drive me nuts!!! I usually weigh everyday (although I haven't in the past week because I was too scared to). I'm sure when you get home, you will see that the weight has fallen off of you. All of Dr. B's patients have done so well, I'm so proud of everyone. Good luck in Brunswick this week. Be safe and take care!

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! The scales just WILL NOT move- I am trying to stay at around 1000 calories and its TOUGH. I have zero restriction and right now I'm still too sore to exercise. I go and see Dr. Bagnato today for my post op check up from the port revision. I wonder how long before I can get a second fill- My first fill was originally scheduled for feb. 28th and it will SUCK to have to wait that long- I cant see to get past this plateau/bandster HELL..I usually do REALLY GOOD all day long and when I get home from work I'm starving and usually tend to overeat. I try so hard not to but I always wind up failing- I feel like I'm never going to start losing any weight again- I just wish this phase would hurry up and get over with! Hopefully today I will know more news on when the next fill will be.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! The scales just WILL NOT move- I am trying to stay at around 1000 calories and its TOUGH. I have zero restriction and right now I'm still too sore to exercise. I go and see Dr. Bagnato today for my post op check up from the port revision. I wonder how long before I can get a second fill- My first fill was originally scheduled for feb. 28th and it will SUCK to have to wait that long- I cant see to get past this plateau/bandster HELL..I usually do REALLY GOOD all day long and when I get home from work I'm starving and usually tend to overeat. I try so hard not to but I always wind up failing- I feel like I'm never going to start losing any weight again- I just wish this phase would hurry up and get over with! Hopefully today I will know more news on when the next fill will be.

Mia, it's really tough when you are in bander hell! Maybe since they've already given you a fill, they will let you go ahead and start doing 2 week assessments. It's a lot easier when you have decent restriction. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for a fill to kick in, maybe yours will? It doesn't work that way for everyone, so I don't know. Let us know how the appt. goes, okay!

The visit went well! My new port area looks great and is healing well! I get my next fill on 02-28 and Dr. Bagnato said he would tell Elizabeth to give me at least 2cc's in my band!! So that would put me at 5CC's so I'm hoping to feel a little restriction then!! Just gotta hang in there two more weeks- I can do it! It will be better when I can exercise I'm hoping!!

Mia- Exercise is key. I haven't been able to exercise, due to a leg injury, for the past couple of week and I can really tell. The scales haven't moved in the right direction and I just don't feel as good. I hope I am able to start soon!

Are you going to participate in the http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f97/green-day-challenge-52203/? It is open to everyone and maybe it will keep you motivated until your next fill. I think it is just what I need to keep me on track. If you are interested, post your stats on the challenge thread and I'll update the list.

Everyone is different, but I was able to tell a difference when I hit 5ccs. I am now at 6.5cc and I think/hope I am at my "sweet spot". Only 2 weeks, hang in there, you can do it!

Anyone know if you can cut/crush mucinex pills? I am coming down with a cold and am finding them very hard to go down and i cant find anything on the box that says yay or nay for cutting or crushing them...I looked online but didn't find squat either. Aside from the cold, I'm doing good- down 3 more pounds! Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays and I don't yo yo gain/lose the same few pounds anymore!!

Hello everyone:

I am very happy that I found this thread. I live right here in Leesburg, GA (but extremely close to Albany) and I am going to get banded by Dr. Bagnato on February 25th. I am nervous as all hell. I have never had a surgery in the entire 30 years of my life. I haven't even broken a bone or had to have stitches.

Right now I am nervous. Although I have told my of my freinds and some of my family (my family thinks that I should not go through with it :wink2:) I am still in that "Am I dreaming this, or am I really goign to have this done?" I think I will probably be in a slight state of disbeleif until I am actually wheeled into the surgury suite. It does not help that I am in the medical field and know every itty bitty little complication that can occur.

I keep hearing about a Bagnato support group that may be formed. Ya'll can count me in on that if/when it happens. I would love to meet more fello fellow banders. I have also only been in Georgia for about a year, so it will allow me to meet more people period.

Everyone take care. Congrats on all of your success so far. Ya'll do not realize how much of an inspiration that you are. :wink_smile:

Wish me luck.

--Brina

We'll be having our surgery within days of each other. It will be great to check in and see how you are and know what I'm in store for a few days later! I'm also going through the phase right now where I can't believe I am doing this. I am actually second-guessing my decision today, although I know I won't back out and I know it will be okay. I think you have to be a little scared when you decide something like this!

Welcome Brina! I was just banded on 01-17! Congrats on making the decision to be banded! WE haven't decided on the next support group date but Georgia_girl will let everyone know and it will be so great to meet everyone!! If you have a myspace or LJ and would like to add me, feel free to PM me, I always like having new friends and I journal alot about the things I'm going through or struggling with bandwise- It's okay to be nervous- I cried all the way into the operating room. Compared to my back surgery, this surgery was literally NOTHING. I had to have a port revision and it was actually worse than the original entire lapband placement, lol- you will do fine! If you have any questions or anything, ask them. Everyone on this thread has been so supportive and helpful to me- It has been a God send- I'm 29 and Live about 45 min from albany- SO glad to have you aboard!

Good. I am happy to know that I am not the only one who has had second thoughts. Everyone else seemed as if they were so sure that this was the thing for them from the start. I am pretty much set on it...the fact that I have paid for it will definitely keep me from wussing out lol.

mia..you cried all the way into the surgery room? Then you have prepared them well for my arrival. I am pretty sure that I will do the same. It also does not help that when they have you register for the surgery they ask you if you have a living will or want to be an organ donor.

I looked at that lady sooooo suspiciously after that becasue I could not help but wonder if someoen in her family needed a kidney. :)

I think I will be fine. I am still in disbelief, but i am getting used to the fact that Lord willing and the creek don't rise (i had to say that) that I, Sabrina The 30 year old chicken, WILL have surgery on Monday.

And I will cry.

AlleyKat, I will keep you posted on what to expect. I will most likely omit the crying and whining that I will likely perform. I will also omit me begging the anesthesia person to "gimme a lil more" cuz i aint going down easy kinda statements.

Thank ya'll for responding. Thank ya'll for being an inspiration. I will talk to you later.

Congrats on your successes.

LOL, brina- nope you won't be the first lapbander they've seen whine and cry! At my first surgery with Dr. Bagnato, I told the anesthia nurse that he needed to give me a double dose because I tend to feel pain more than others, lol seriously. In the pre-or room they will put on your anti nausea Patches and give something to relax you in your IV and then once you are in the OR and on the table the anesthesioligist will come in and give you the good stuff and next thing you know you will be waking up in the recovery room. I always make a habit of immediately asking for pain meds as soon as I wake up so that I don't get to the point of hurting. On my first lapband surgery the nurse in recovery gave me some in my IV- now on my port revision I had to wait- but if you are a chicken like me- by all means ASK for it, even if you think you might not need it (grin) Plenty of time to be brave later on. On my first surgery I took the painmeds like clockwork for the first 3 days- and I didn't hurt at all- with my port revision I didn't take the pain meds once i got home and boy could I tell a difference. If you have any questions, hit me up on myspace or here- You will do fine!

Welcome Brina! I'm so glad you found us! I know exactly how you feel, I went through the same thing. The day before my surgery I started second guessing my decision. I knew deep down this was the right thing for me, but I was still scared. Once you get there and get the "drugs", it will be over with before you know it. You'll just feel like you took a short nap.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer what I can.

Well ya'll here is the newest curveball in the soap opera of the Bold, the Black, and the Soon to be Banded..

I am still scheduled to have my surgery on Monday. However, it seems like I will be in this alone. :wub:

I am from Florida. All of my family is there. To my knowledge no one will be able to drive me to and from the hospital. I had recuited one of my brothers, but that fell through. Another freind voulteered, but she is now on bed rest.

So it looks like I will take a taxi there and one back.

Now I have questions:

At the hospital, will they give you a place to store your personal belonging. All I am bringing will be about $20 and a cell phone. And that is hoenstly for the cab ride home and to make phone calls if needed.

How "out" were you after your surgery?

Can I request to stay in the hospital longer if I need to? If push comes to shove, one of the girls *may* be able to pick me up afte work. She gets off work at 3pm.

:; insert dramatic sigh here ::

'Tis the story of my luck.

Any suggestions anyone?