Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Minnesota Folks

Just a reminder there is a group on yahoo that Park Nicollet Patients put together its called PNCBandsters. Also we meet the first Wed. of every month at The Bank Building if anyone is interested. Carol (Dr. W's nurse is always there). Some people also meet every Wed. at a Perkins in Bloomington. I haven't gone yet because it just hasn't worked out for me.

GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Wow! Can you believe tomorrow you will be banded? Dr. W. is an amazing doctor and all the nurses were so nice! I know you will do well!

-Megan

Good luck Crystal! Let us know how it goes.

How is the preop fast going for you?

I had surgery yesterday morning and all went well. I was home by 9:30 this morning from the hospital. I am kind of tired but I have no real pain or anything like that. Nothing that my tylenol can't cure. I have been sipping and walking since surgery was out yesterday and that is going ok. I have had some broth and a little Jello today and that went down fine. I am so excited to heal. The only thing I forget to ask Dr W was when can I resume exercising does any one know?

He told me as long as I felt comfortable but I had a complication with dehydration and my liver hurt for about a week after surgery so I didn't start untill I went back to work which was 2.5 weeks after surgery. Of course I still walked my little walks but nothing much more than that.

Glad you are feeling better!

Hi everyone. I am new to this I am still in the process of complete everything I need to for the insurance company. I have a tenative date set for April 18. I am very nervous and excited at the same time. If anyone has any advice on how they deal with getting through the process let me know. I hope this helps me to lose weight if it doesn't I will cry.

HI Mickey! Congratulations to making your decision!! It all depends on what insurance company have because some of them have certain requirements. My total time was about 4 months from start to finish.

Where are you at in the process?

Good Luck!!

Hi! I'm Dawn from Lino Lakes! I'm being banded on April 10th. I've lost 45 pounds so far before my surgery doing LA Weightloss and walking the treadmill every day for 30 minutes. I'm excited to be getting the Lapband to be my tool for the rest of my weightloss and to help keep it off! Could have had the surgery a few weeks earlier, but chose to do a Vegas trip in my motorhome first! The doctor doesn't recommend any long distance travel for 2 months so a nice trip sounded great! Then when I get back I'll be having surgery 4 days later! I get sick of people saying...WHY? I researched for a year and it seems right for me! No more up and down diets for me! I want to get down to a reasonable weight and stay there.

Hi folks... I am just getting started.... I am a 46 year old with a BMI of 46 who has lost and over regained more times than I can count. In looking at a few recent threads... I noted that BCBS requires 6 month supervised diet... I have not made it 6 months on any program recently... but will certainly try again if I have to... my pattern is to lose some and gain it right back....

Any one working on that six month requirement.?... what if I lose down to less than BMI 40 (I am so far with out significant co - morbidities)...Would I have to put off surgery...until the inevitable gain happens again?

Hi everyone! I only read the very last response on the last page so have no idea what's going on elsewhere

mammanan --

I have BCBS -- while they require you to visit a dietician once a month for 6 months.. it is not under the stipulation that you lose weight. I did that.. and I didn't lose any weight at all. (I didn't gain any either.. but still). And I think they've changed it recently (yet again!) .. you have to have 3 dietician visits and 3 doctor visits. it still equals 6 months but it's a little different.