Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you burp more now that you are banded? (non-productive, just air)

Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)

• Yes, a LOT more
    • Yes, some more
    • No, same as before banding
    • Unsure

I get the hiccups after every meal and then usually one very long deep burp. The hiccups are much more annoying.

Actually, before the band I used to burp ALL the time it really got on my husbands nerves....Now, I rarely ever burp.

I'am glad to have found these remarks!! I hiccup more than burp, sometimes it feels good then other times it is very uncomfortable. This just started after my first fill last month.

When I get the hiccups lately theyre really strong...so strong they hurt...and they usually last for a few minutes...i'm hurting by the time I get done. I'd rather burp than that crap.

Oh hell yes! I'm a burping machine these days (3+ weeks post surgery). Relieving the pressure feels good, impresses my husband, and since I've been working from home a lot lately, doesn't embarrass me in front of my co-workers. :wink2: Certainly glad to know I'm not the only one, tho - I was getting concerned. :thumbdown:

I don't burp but I always do have the ridiculously loud hiccups. My poor cats sometimes jump a foot when I start up with those things.

I burp constantly! Or at least it feels like it! I burp after eating or drinking.

I used to burp quite a bit anyway, but they are very quiet burps (lady like ones someone said.) But I definitely notice it.

One reason I got the band instead of gastric bypass is because I know people with the bypass and it causes them to fart a lot more-- and horrible farting! I would much rather have burping than farting! :bolt:

No Doubt I'm with you. I just burp lol:lol:

Its funny now when I start hiccuping people ask me what I ate..

Initially post op I had the feeling of a burp coming up but it never really burped. Now I have burps and hiccups during and after every meal. And I agree I think it feels like it does it when the food passes through. Kinda like a corked bottle of wine.

I do burp more since being banded (7-30-2008). But it's a good burp! When I burp while eating and it usually means I had enough and I should stop eating! I am learning to listen to that burp and stop!

weight.png

I have problems the minute I lie down for bed. I've been trying to stop all eating/drinking at least 2 hours before bedtime but that hasn't completely rid me of the long, constants belches...more than burping. Does anyone have this problem with Nightime burping? I know my band is rather tight, too. Please share your experiences.

Not eating 2 at least two hours before bed should do it. If I eat anything close to bed time, I burp it up and then I have o jump up and run to the bathroom. Same thing happens if I recline and eat. I have to completely sit up.

I tell my husband it feels like they come from my knees. And they are l...o...n...g !

Im right here with you, its almost comical, I feel like im pulling out air from my toes...........lol:lol: