Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you burp more now that you are banded? (non-productive, just air)

Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)

• Yes, a LOT more
    • Yes, some more
    • No, same as before banding
    • Unsure

I burp a lot and they last forever! My two kids are amazed at my burping ability, they are impressed (which is funny, one of my boys likes to burp the A B C's)

hehehe!! We were just talking about this yesterday waiting to get our fills!!! I burp ALOT more too and very LOUD and LONG ones, they're amazing, not something I can say I'm proud of, but they do make me laugh! I told my husband they feel like they're moving through my body from my toes up!! He's so impressed with it! Men ~ ya gotta love em!

I feel that I burp much less since being banded 12/6/2007.

WOW! I'd give anything to be able to burp again! I've had my band for 5 years, and believe it or not, I miss being able to burp! If I do burp, it's PBing, not just good ol' regular burping! Some people have all the luck.... :wink_smile:

The ones I have now are usually much less under my control. That's always fun. LOL

You guys have answered my questions! I had been wondering if burping after a meal was normal. That is so unlike me, I rarely burped before. It becomes really embarrassing burping after a meal especially at work.

How did you know so soon after your first surgery the band slipped? Xray?

I kept throwing up. I got hospitalized 2 days after surgery, I had dehydrated. I couldnt keep anything in my stomach, that was because it was hanging half to one side and half to the other with the band in the middle. My band slipped and the stiches were gone because I kept throwing up. I could not help keeping it in, not even a sip of Water. Eventually an x-ray was done and that is how they determined it had slipped.

Every since I was banded, I do the following all the times: hiccups, farts and burping. What do PB stand for?

Every since I was banded, I do the following all the times: hiccups, farts and burping. What do PB stand for?

PB = productive burping. When you burp and it's more than just air.

I PB alot since I had my third fill on Feb. 25, 2008.

Thank you Frustrated, because I was clueless to the initials P.B, now I know what it means and I can honestly say that I do in fact have productive burping.

In the beginning I didn't have any problem with air/gas or belching. But since I have had 4 fills now and am getting some good restriction, I am having some issues with it. It started sometime after the 3rd fill for me.

One day after my 4th fill it was so bad all morning and I hurt so I took some Zantac and that worked wonders!!!