Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you burp more now that you are banded? (non-productive, just air)

Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)

• Yes, a LOT more
    • Yes, some more
    • No, same as before banding
    • Unsure

Oh my goodness, I'm glad you posted this one! I've only been banded for 2 days and I CAN'T burp. I used to burp non-stop, but now I just can't get the air out. I've tried DeGas (An aussie pill) but it hardly works. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to know!

Just wait a few days. You still have swelling and the air can't get out yet. I'll bet in a week you will be back to normal.

I burp a lot more and it feels like it comes from the band all the way inside. I do pas gass more than before,sometimes I think it's the Protein Bar.< /p>

Love this thread....

I burp much more now - my DS and DH are even appalled at some of the sounds that come out of my mouth.

No gas now, which is a relief - I think it is probably due to the fact that I am not eating so much junk anymore.

I burp a lot more and it feels like it comes from the band all the way inside. I do pas gass more than before,sometimes I think it's the Protein bar.

Jelbel, Maybe that's what was wrong with me this week-end (protien bar I ate). I had to go to a funeral Saturday afternoon and I had gas the whole time. Glad I was with relatives and they understood. Glad the music was loud, thus they didn't hear it. :lol:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I have the opposite problem. I can't burp well at all. This happened for about 2 weeks post-op & then again for 2 weeks after my 1st fill.:lol: Today is the 1st day I've been able to burp, but it's nothing like before. They are definately from deep down, and I have no control over them. I can't force a burp or hold one in anymore. They just happen :wink2:, and it's embarrasing. My restriction has also decreased already. I felt great restriction for a good week after my 1st fill, but I've noticed I'm able to eat more then I would like to at this point. I think I need another cc or 2 for better restriction. In my opinion, the lack of burping is a sign of restriction. Who knows though, this is all new to me!!

Banded 11/20/07

1st fill 1/8/08

19 pounds lost to date...I think I should be loosing more...:wink2:

I wish I could burp now! I used to have the longest, deepest burps ever since childhood and now I am lucky to get any air out. I rarely passed gas and now it seems to be all I do out of the other end!!

I have found the same thing, since being banded (only two weeks ago) I have noticed a lot more burping! But, I did not for the first few days after coming home, I felt like it, but it didn't happen. The burping does seem to coinside with eating a meal and I thought the same thing, the food falling into the lower stomach pushes the air up.

As for my office mates, I just told them what was up and that I would do my best not to be gross! I also burp when I am starting to get hungry! It's an odd side effect, for sure!

I love this thread because boy can I relate. I didn't have much air before my band but now it is either burps or farts all day long. My daughter doesn't even want to be next to me at night because I am just farting and farting. It has been quite painful too. So I started chewing gas x all day but honestly it seems to make it worse. So I stopped for a couple of weeks. It seems that after a couple of hours after I eat the air just gets pushed out and it is so embarrassing. I know that I do love to eat chili since I am so tight I am at the Soup addiction stage and that will definitely give me gas. Do you guys have any suggestions on products that work to help the air go away? I am hating this air thing. I sit at my desk and try to be discrete but sometimes it slips and soooo embarrassing!!!! BY THE WAY WELCOME TO BAND WORLD to all you newbies!!!! You are in the honeymoon stage of excitement and it is really nice. You will hit many platues so just don't give up and I always tell people to journal your food intake it really helps change those bad habits that we all have that got us overweight in the first place. Thanks everyone for any advice.

Yes, and glad to see from the Poll im not the only one. They come around 15-45 min after a meal. They are deep and satisfying. So they are productive for me, but not in the terms here where food comes up. Just air and I feel SO much better afterwards, like everything is settling.

I thought that I'd have trouble with flatulance after surgery (i've heard people who have bypass fart way more after) however I think because i'm eating so much better I guess i probably fart LESS than I did before. Just the burping is consistant. I almost look forward to it now. It's all good.

I wish I could, I used to be the queen of burping...now it just feels like trapped air that I can't get out!! Hope this is ok!