Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you burp more now that you are banded? (non-productive, just air)

Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you burp more now that you are banded (non-productive; just air)

• Yes, a LOT more
    • Yes, some more
    • No, same as before banding
    • Unsure

OMG! thats sounds painful. I can't believe that would happen so quickly. I am very glad you are okay now. Take care of yourself and goodl luck on your weight loss journey. This web site helps me keep focused. When I feel like eating something bad, I come here and then I realize how lucky I am to have my insurance pay for this and that a lot of people never have that opportunity.

I have notice I burp a lot more now. Also have the same problems as Weetsin says. I even have the bloating with using the CPAP. So now Iam going to get a dental device(Herbst Appliance) and not use the CPAP and see how I do with that.

Chris

burping..... its like the drain is un-clogged and its letting the air out. you feel the pressure build and then when it dont dont come out (because it starts to hurt) i bend over front words and it like breaks the bands seal on my lower stomach .rooooooaaaaaaaaaaaar. lately i get a pressure feeling in my collar bones when gas builds. thats when i cant burp , usualy after i work and am walking all night at work. car ride home helps shake up things to get the burp out.

Right after I had my surgery everytime I ate I would burp. Now 6 months out I burps a couple times a week . It drives my husband nuts.

weight.png

The best way to get rid of that gas/air, right after surgery is to MOVE. I didn't use any of the post-op pain meds, so I did NOT take my own advice. However, a few days after the surgery, I found the more I moved, the more I alleviated all that pressure. I tried Gas-X, which is probably comparable to your pill, and it did NOTHING. It just has to come out naturally. But it WILL come out, so don't worry!

weight.png

omgosh...do i ever burp....even after drinking water...it's so embarrassing....does it ever go away? i'm afraid to get my first fill in fear that it will only get worse! but thanks for the reassurance that i am not alone all!

I'm 6 months out and still burping. It probably depends on your fill level, your own stomach, how well you chew, what you eat, etc...

I think the stoma helps trap air when you eat and it builds up until it unleashes a massive burp of air.

I am 7 months out and still burp. Not like I used to the first few months. I also had the a problem with getting to much air in from my CPAP machine. But as time has been going on I notice that I do not have as much gas and burping like I was. I think it just takes time for the body to adjust with your new funnel.

Chris

I have not burped since I was banded just over a month ago. I have lots of gurgling and get the hiccups alot but no burp. I kind of miss the satisfaction of a good belch. :cry_smile:

I do the hiccup thing after eating, and small burps, along with the, uh....other type of gas. My doctor recommended breathing out as I am swallowing. I do this especially with fluids, and the results have been great.....MUCH less gas

Yes, right after I was banded I could NOT burp at all and it felt like something was stuck there. WALKING helped alot.

Now I burp all the time, I burp when I drink Water, when I eat, I eat... pretty much whenever I open my mounth to talk even.

I'm a lot more burpy than before banding. A lot of times I don't even realize they are coming until they are already out. I'm terrified I'm going to be speaking in public into the microphone and do one of the "super sonic burps"! :cursing: I'm also a lot more gassy right after fills. We need to all buy stock in Gax-X!