Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hi

I hope it's not too late because no one's posted since november. I could really use a support group. I'm 46 soon to be 47 and my 1 year bandaversary is in 2 days. Down 86 lbs, 40 to go. Hope you all come back

Happy Anniversary!

Your weight loss is fantastic, 80+ pounds in one year. Good for you!

I just had my one year anniversary (1/3). Feeling like I was doing great, but when I went for my follow up last week the doctor wanted to do another fill. I was going away for the weekend so I decided to wait until next month. I'm not sure that I am able to maintain much less weight.

Keep up the good work!

Meri

Hey Meri

Thanks. I went to a support group and my doctor was there and he said I need an unfill. So I get one on Friday. Hh thinks I'm too restricted. And maybe I am but they tend to take out too much when they do an unfil and this makes me anxious. I'd hate to start regaining.

Its wonderful that you've reached your goal. You must feel so great about that. How come the fill?

Talk to you later.

Caryn

Happy Bandaversary And Happy Birthday!! I turned 45 last sunday and have had my band 6 mo. now. congrats on the loss so far, 86 lbs is great!!!

Hi

congratulations on bandaversary!!! Great weight lost!! I was just banded on Jan 26, 09 still on liquids hope to have the sucess that you have. I will be 46 in may I know how hard it is to lose weight. We need to be there for each other.

Kim

Hi

congratulations on bandaversary!!! Great weight lost!! I was just banded on Jan 26, 09 still on liquids hope to have the sucess that you have. I will be 46 in may I know how hard it is to lose weight. We need to be there for each other.

Kim

Congrats on the banding!!!:eek: Hang in there I know that liquid stage is hard but it gets much better after that. Here's to you and hope you become a big loser. only on this forum is being a loser a great thing!!!:rolleyes:

Hey Everyone!

It is nice to hear from so many fabulous forties! Bandana.... I turned 47 last month (can't believe it). Somewhere in my mid 40's I thought I would never be an average sized person. I would just keep dieting in order to maintain my terrible weight. Now I am 80 down and wearing non-plus sized clothes. I'm not at goal yet, however, I am very optimistic!!

Edited by miss meliss

Hi you fabuluous forties. Everyone Thanks so much for your support and kind words.

Newbies hang in there. It will come. Just remember not to get too frustrated the first one to two months because the band has to keep being adjusted untill you feel restraicted. I saw my doctor every 2 weeks and kept getting fills until I felt some restriction. I would call their office and tell them I needed a fill because I was always hungary and eating alot. Sometimes they had an attitude because I was scheduled for a month, but they were able to usually accomodate me.

An update. I saw the doctor today for an unfil and as usual he told me he can't really take anything out other than .25 or .50. I told him it's either too tight or too loose with these adjustments but he can't seem to find a middle ground. Then I was reading a brochure on the realize band and it said that this band only holds 1.8 of a teaspoon. That's it. So no wonder why its so hard for them to make these inbetween ajustments when your really playing with hardly any liquid. So compare that to your own band.

Anyway, he sent me for a swollow test to see what was going on, to see if my treachea or anything was wrong from throwing up. He seemed satisfied that I was fine and did not take anything out. So I'm where I started. But that's better than him taking out too much.

Sorry about the long post, but maybe this info. can help someone. I would like to think it does.

Miss Meliss

Happy birthday. You go girl. I know what you mean/ 80lbs is tremendous. Congrats. How did you lose it so fast? I'm optomistic too. Got 30 more lbs to goal too.

Edited by Bandana

Bandana, When were you banded? And miss melis, congrats on the 80lbs and on getting down to reg. clothes. I know I was so excited when I first got to shop in the normal section.

Hello all fabulous 40's! It has been to long since I posted.

Bandana you are doing great. Don't get discouraged. I will be faced with my 2 year bandaversay in June and I still have about 20lbs to go, if I keep my original goal. I have been at the same spot for a year, not doing as well as I could and not exercising, which was my biggest problem. In mid fall my husband and I started to walk in the am and then I picked up the pace to some running. then I joined my gym again, and I am getting my self back on track. I am down 10lbs and feeling better. I also think that if I did not have the band 2 years ago i would be over 200 lbs and still going up. So, if you can maintain until you get your head in gear, it will work out!

Meri, you are doing fantastic!! Keep up the great inspiration to us!

Miss Meliss, isn't it great to buy clothes that actually look good and feel good too!

Blakq, how are you doing? are you up and moving?

well, I may not be in the fab 40's much longer, hitting the BIG 50 in March. Not sure how I will handle that, on day at at time! my son told me I did not look 50, which was nice, but what does 50 look like?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Caryn,

I think my doctor would like to see my BMI below 25 so even though I hit my goal, my height works against me. Maybe my goal isn't low enough?

I am scheduled to go back for the fill the end of February, but I am very nervous about it. I don't want to be so restricted that I can't eat, but I know I am probably enjoying portions that are larger than I should right now. I guess I'll get the fill and see how it goes. If I don't lose anymore weight and can maintain where I am, I will be very happy. I haven't weighed in the 130's since middle school!

Did you have your unfill? How are you feeling now? Are you noticing changes with your diet in your second year?

It is in the teens today - very hard to get out and walk. Hope it is warmer where you are,

Meri

Miss Meliss,

I know what you mean about the clothes. I find myself shopping ALOT! It such an amazing experience to try things on and have them fit and look good. I have become a regular at all the local consignment shops!

Keep up the good work,

Meri

Hi everyone, how are you doing today? I barely ate all day or exercised. Got to get moving. last night I had a weird experience.

Went out to eat and was able to drink and eat with no problem it went down so nice and I wasn't taking small bites and eating slow. I was so happy but the scale went up this morning. I don't think it was worth it. Anyway, does this happen to you that sometimes you can just eat??????

Kim - I've been banded one year.

Meri - I didn't get the unfil. The doctor sent me for a swollow test and said everything was fine and didn't unfil me. Congratulations for being in the 130's that is so wonderful. I'm really happy for you. See what happens this month before you fil and hang on

Java - I definitely think I would have gained the 84 lbs if not for my band. Thank god for the lapband.

Take care you Fabuluous Forties and let's be careful at our superbowl partiesl. Deal?