Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Ladies, thanks for all the nice and encouraging words! What has helped me the most so far is watching my carbs and no sugar (with a few special exceptions). I had to remove ice cream from my house. It was to tempting on those really tight days. Also... when you got a lot to lose it comes off faster!

I have loose days and I make a fill appointment. Then, before I can get to the doctor I become so tight that I am throwing up. So I've cancelled the last few appointments for a fill. Today, I need a fill. I'll have to be good with all the Superbowl Junk food :tongue2:

Bandana... Not to sound too geeky, I have been watching the barimetric pressure and how it affects my band. It seem that the lower the pressure the tighter the band. When we get a strong cold front I tighten up. It makes it hard to figure out how much of a fill I need. I don't won't to be miserable, however, I diffently don't want to stall out!!

I have not shopped regular sized clothes since my mid 20's. I get over whelmed at large department stores (like Dillards or Macy's). I need a guide to help find the section that fits me best. I don't want to stumble into a youth section and get to hating on myself!

Meri... It is 65 outside and I should be walking!

Ja9va... If 50 looks like you, it looks fantastic!!

It's great hearing from so many in the same place in life!! Good luck with superbowl parties and valentines!!

(already told my husband.. no candy... no expensive flowers... save the money for spring clothes! All I want is a big kiss!! I think he thinks it is a trap. )

Edited by miss meliss

Miss Meliss

Interesting about the barometric pressure. I had a fill about 10 days ago. I´m now 9.2ccs in a 14APL. It has been a bit miserable at times. Can´t have my usual Breakfast, Protein Shake, unitl about 11 or 12. Then lunch is around 4 or 5, dinner about 7:30 or 8.

However, we have had 7 inches of snow and ice the last week, plus my husband had surgery. I was thinking maybe stress had something to do with the tightness, but now I´m wondering if the storm front had something to do with it as well.

good Morning,

Meri, I live in virginia. How close do you live to the beltway or DC? I am about 30 miles south on I95. The weather has been crappy and I know when it is cold my motivation goes down, so I must push to keep up with the work outs!

Globaly yours hang in there with the snow! How is your restriction? I know that it is difficult, if it does not get better I would get an unfill. But I can relate to how hard that is too for you want some restriction.

Bandana I don't know why it does that either. I can eat one thing one day be so excited that I enjoyed a "meal" and then the next day I try to have leftovers and it is a NO GO! I don't have a clue only that after almost two years feel it is finicky!

Meliss thanks for the nice words, I told my son that I am young "Nana' and of course he laughed. 50 is old to a young person!

I bought a pant suit, well jacket and pants from Kohls a few months ago, jacket size 12 and pants 14. Well, the 14 became to big and I went and bought a size 12 for I like the jacket and when I need to suite it up for work it comes in handy. Now I am looking for a size 10 but due to all the winter sales, I can't find them. I bought the alfit at Kohls and have looked at 3 kohls so far and they are not on line, or I can't really tell on line if they are the same. It is amazing how the color black differs from one item to the next. I am excited about the size, but I am not a size 10 for all pants, I still wear a 12, and any straight or fitted skirt will be a 14 if that. But it is still nice to see the sizes go down! I think it is the workout for the scale still wont move!!!! Why!!!!!!!!. I know I need to keep working out and it will happen.

well off to work, have a fabulous day! Snow again here just enough to make it messy!

Hi Girls

How is everyone doing today. Just wanted to check in. I'm having alot of trouble losing the weight from my wonderful meal Friday night. I'm so annoyed that I was down 5 lbs and then I blew it and these pounds just don't want to come off.

I have to say I literally had to force myself, but I did get on the treadmill yesterday and today. SNV for me.

How'd everyone do with their supervowl parties. Talk to you soon.

Good morning Fab Fourties!

Haven't checked in for a while, so today seemed like a good day to do so...

January was a tough month - got my fill on Jan 5th, felt restriction for a couple of days, but within two weeks felt like it was all gone and I was struggling with eating too much again. I have been bouncing up and down the same 2 - 3 pounds the whole month and I'm frustrated.

I haven't been exercising as much, which is part of my problem, but my hubby helped solve that for me recently. He does maintenance on machines at a local gym and they were getting rid of three of their older rowing machines. They are in good working order (plus he knows how to fix them) so he brought one home. I'll be getting on it tonight for the first time and I've downloaded a couple of beginner workouts to try.

My clothes are changing - I'm down two jean sizes (great NSV) and other things are loosening up. I can button and zip jackets that I couldn't before surgery, and that makes me happy.

A couple of days ago, I pb'ed twice on food that never gave me trouble before - once at lunch and the next day at lunch. Very weird - felt like I had an air bubble trapped, but then up came the food! Yuck! :bananalama:

I have been watching my intake for the past couple of days and feel like I'm more restricted now. I've heard on other posts that sometimes it takes a bit for the fill to "catch up" with you, but never experienced it until now. I'm hoping this continues at least through February, and maybe I'll look for another fill in March.

I turned 46 on Feb 2nd, and I'm determined to make it to my goal before I turn 47! Here's wishing for steady progress for all of us!

Good Morning to you

Happy Birthday Ebony Rose. Isn't it great when things start zippering that never fit. Or that you can go down a size or two and have the cloathes already in you closet (for all that saving to get back into them). I've been really watching my intake too. Even on "diet food" you can gain weight if you eat too much. Good luck with the rowing machine. You can do it.

I just turned 40 in Nov 08. I am waiting on my insurance approval. Hoping to get the old me back for my 40's. I feel like I missed my 30's. I would love to hear about how everyone's health issues cleared up.

I just turned 40 in Nov 08. I am waiting on my insurance approval. Hoping to get the old me back for my 40's. I feel like I missed my 30's. I would love to hear about how everyone's health issues cleared up.

--------------------------

Best of luck to you with your insurance approval.. It will be over b4 you know it!

As far as my health, I just feel sooo much better these days. Mentally, I can think clearer; I need much less sleep than before - not napping all weekend, etc.; I actually have energy!

I receive tons of encouragement from these boards.

I was diabetic... my blood sugar is now normal!

I use to limp because of foot pain... that is no more!

Doctor wanted me to take Cholestrol Medicine... my cholestro is normal!

I took high blood pressure medicine... now I take 1/2 a tablet, & doctor said we will stop altogether after my next appointment!

Much, much, much more energy!!

My arms use to go numb we I sleep... they don't any more!

This is the greatest thing I have done for myself! I can't believe I struggled over the decisiion!! :thumbdown:

The best advise that I can give is to get on the exercise bandwagon as soon as you can after you are banded!! You will see a big loss at first, but without the exercise, it will be sssllllooowwww!!!

Missmeliss, congratulations on your success!! I'm right behind you!! P.S. I had the numb arms when I slept too!!!

I took high blood pressure medicine... now I take 1/2 a tablet, & doctor said we will stop altogether after my next appointment!

This is the greatest thing I have done for myself! I can't believe I struggled over the decisiion!! :)

Your husband MUST be happy too!!! :thumbup:

--------------------------

Best of luck to you with your insurance approval.. It will be over b4 you know it!

As far as my health, I just feel sooo much better these days. Mentally, I can think clearer; I need much less sleep than before - not napping all weekend, etc.; I actually have energy!

I receive tons of encouragement from these boards.

This is the greatest thing I have done for myself! I can't believe I struggled over the decisiion!! :)

The best advise that I can give is to get on the exercise bandwagon as soon as you can after you are banded!! You will see a big loss at first, but without the exercise, it will be sssllllooowwww!!!

Thank you ALL, Sooooo Much! I am so excited to have found this forum. I attend my surgeon's support group twice a month, but sometimes I find myself wishing it was weekly! I have a lot of health issues that I am really looking forward to saying goodbye to. Also, I am "pre"diabetic and hopefully finally losing and keeping off the weight will keep that at bay. I will love to say goodbye to my meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, acid reflux, and allergies!!!! I am so exhausted all the time. Can't wait to have some of my old self back. I have a back injury that makes exercise difficult, and sometimes impossible. But, I will work hard on that. I know getting some weight off will make that easier to deal with, too. If I could just get that approval and get this show on the road!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO ready to do this. Thank you all for your encouraging words!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

I have rheumatoid arthritis and struggled to exercise (caused more pain) but am now able to exercise without any problems! I also have eliminated some meds and cut some dosages in half (including my anti-depressant and anti-inflammatory).

The biggest thing, though, is my self-esteem. I don't feel nearly as "awkward" (does that make sense?) and have no problem getting up and down when I need to (I'm a nurse). Sex is SOOOOOO much better too! :)

I was banded October 22nd so it hasn't even been four full months...it is SO worth it.

I, too, recommend exercising...and getting on some eating plan where you are making healthy choices. I know it would be easy to "work around this system" by still eating the crap I used to eat (I did have a gain over Christmas because of that). Basically, I'm following a South Beach Diet type plan.

Hope this helps!

~~anne (41)

HI EVeryone

I was wondering - my cholestoral went up. Have you heard that happening to Bandsters at all? thanks

and I'm happy to hear you guys are so much healtheir

Just joined the 40+ gang today. I don't feel that old i mostly feel worn out by the end of the day. Getting banded in 7 weeks. I've lost 40 pds. since Thanksgiving but still have about 110 to go, but it's a start.