Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hi you fabulous forties girls How are you today?

Anne

I don't think I'm eating too many eggs or cheese.

I happened to see my doctor today and he said that some of us just make it naturally from our genes and then went on to tell me how i really have a history of high cholestoral. So it doesn't seem that losing weight helps for me or eating certain foods. Waiting to go on cholestoral meds because I'm feeling tired alot and doctor said could be from low blood pressure, so he took me off my bp meds today. we'll see if that helps before I add another med to all my other meds. Really thought I would have more energy when I lost weight. But we'll see. Have to exercise more

Hi!

I have rheumatoid arthritis and struggled to exercise (caused more pain) but am now able to exercise without any problems! I also have eliminated some meds and cut some dosages in half (including my anti-depressant and anti-inflammatory).

The biggest thing, though, is my self-esteem. I don't feel nearly as "awkward" (does that make sense?) and have no problem getting up and down when I need to (I'm a nurse). Sex is SOOOOOO much better too! :rose:

I was banded October 22nd so it hasn't even been four full months...it is SO worth it.

I, too, recommend exercising...and getting on some eating plan where you are making healthy choices. I know it would be easy to "work around this system" by still eating the crap I used to eat (I did have a gain over Christmas because of that). Basically, I'm following a South Beach Diet type plan.

Hope this helps!

~~anne (41)

Anne-

Thank you for sharing! I am really looking forward to all of these changes. I just wish the insurance company would come through.:tongue2:

Hi Fab Fourties!

I'm still struggling along with the weight loss - nothing really new to report. I have scheduled another fill tomorrow, so I'm hoping that does it. January was a bad month for exercise, but I'm back on the bandwagon where that is concerned.

The NSV's keep coming re: clothing. Things are fitting much better than before, my tummy is 'softer' because there's not so much fat making it harder LOL and my legs are trimming down too. The walking is responsible for that, I think.

Started rowing in earnest yesterday - have had the machine for a while, but procrastinated getting on it and getting started. No more - I'll be rowing at least 4 days a week to help boost my weight loss. I continue to walk in the mornings and have re-started my lunchtime walks. My speed is up, so is my energy, and I'm hoping this is the beginning of the "losing times".

I have noticed my blood sugar has been really good lately - I know that's because of my band and my re-committing to exercise. Hoping to get off of my last oral med and the insulin shortly. I think losing another 25 - 30 pounds will do it, so that's my next mini-goal.

Nice to see everyone's checking in and see the victorious results. Keep up the good work - all of you!:tongue2:

Congrats on the NSV's and the improved blood sugars!

My clothes fit better too!

~~anne

Hello ladies,

I love to buy new clothes now, even though they are still from the plus dept. They used to be a very tight 26/28 now it is a nice fitting 18/20.

I started off in the right fit blue size 6T jeans at LB, now I wear a right fit blue size 2T and they are becoming a little loose.

:thumbup:

Mornin' Ladies!

Crzytchr - I started at a 6T in the Yellow line for LB's Right Fit jeans, and now I'm down to a 4T (Tall) in the Red line...you're right - it's really cool to watch the sizes change and know that you're making progress, even if the scale isn't moving.

Can't wait to get to a Red 2! That will be a day for celebration! The Red 4's are fitting looser (mostly in the butt, which I'm not thrilled about, but oh well) and I'm hoping to make it to a Red 3 by the middle of March.

Congrats anne - keep up the good work!

Just wanted to check in

It's going to be 10-12 inches of snow here. UUG although it is pretty.

Fitting into some XL's . Most still tight. But went from a 26 to size 14, but need to get in XL so I can buy in regular sizes what i want .

Just bought some cheap sweaters at Fashion Bug. They are having a great sale. I've been wearing big swaters all winter long, and I really didn't want to have to buy anything thinking next winter, will be a new size. But the sales are so great at FB ($6-8) I decided to go for it. Wore 2 of the sweater and feel better in the right fitting size. Well that's it for now.

Just thought I'd jump in and say hello.;)

I used to come here a great deal for awhile, then life interfered. Anyway, I had surgery in March 2007 and those two years went pretty fast! I've gone from barely squeezing into a 30/32 to presently 18/20/22 and some things even an XL. Life is good so far!

Hey everyone, this is my first post in this thread. I will be 44 in July. I was banded on March 11,2009. I'm loving it! Wish I had done it sooner! Had my first fill last week, undecided if its doing any good, because I only eat 1/2 to 3/4c of food even before the fill. Have to wait 4 weeks to get another if i decide to. Wishing everyone much luck in their journey:thumbup:

Hi Michelle. Welcome to LBT! Some general advice - if you are satisfied eating only 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food at a meal, you don't need another fill! Save your fills until you find yourself more and more hungry between meals and the portion sizes are getting over 1 cup per meal. Everyone is different and some people don't even need any fill to be satisfied on the 1/2 - 3/4 cup portions. Others might need 6 or more fills to get there. No point in having fills you don't need - you might end up too tight (which is way worse than too loose).

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I posted, and bad news, I am no longer in the Fabulous 40's, but the Fantastic 50's!

I had a hianal hernia operation, it will be two weeks ago tomorrow. I had an UGI and it showed up on there at which time my surgeon said they had to fix it before it caused a slip or an emergency operation situation. When they went in my pouch was large, according to my doc due to me maybe eating to much, he fixed the hernia and put in a new band. I think it may have been that but also due to the hernia, and increase of pbing. Prior to the UGI, I was feeling fine, did not recognize that the food getting stuck may have been a red flag, I just thought it was my fault for eating wrong. The UGI was only to check on my band, rather than a flouro. I was not happy about surgery, but it did kick my weight loss back in action. I will have my two year bandaversary on June 7. I hope to be closer to my goal. I have a fresh start!

Fanny Adams, you are doing great. good advice about the fills to Michelle, you don't want to get to much fill in your band. I am not eager to get a fill this time around. Michelle, I realize the eagerness to get to the "spot" just listen to your body... good luck.

Thanks Fanny and Ja9va for the advice. You are right about the fills, Im doing ok, but in the last week i have noticed I have been wanting to eat more and my head telling me to snack. Ive been fighting it though,lol... And who says this is the "easy way out"?:mad2: Have a good day!

i just turned 40 in nov 08. I am waiting on my insurance approval. Hoping to get the old me back for my 40's. I feel like i missed my 30's. I would love to hear about how everyone's health issues cleared up.

i finally got an approval letter!!!!! Iam so excited!!!!!

i finally got an approval letter!!!!! Iam so excited!!!!!

Congrats! You'll be joining us in bandland soon - so good to hear! :mad2: