Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Good Morning all... I received a letter from the ARP this week...not funny! I told my dh to shred it. I am still hanging on to my 40's at 49!

Cher, are you a life coach or counselor? I am in the social work field. It is funny how we can help others but hard to help ourselves at times! that makes us real and helpful to others. I really hope I can get to your weight soon. How long did it take you to get to 166? How long have you been there? I guess I am trying to provide myself with realistic goals. I know it is not going to fly off like it would if I was 29!

Meri, I agree about the liquids. I went in for a flouro this week to have a check on the band, at least that was my reason for going for my bandaversary, Saturday!!! I was having plenty of restriction, but then I was told I had 6.5cc in when I was under the assumption it was 8.5cc.My NP said I never had that. She then "tweaked" it as she put it, when the bariam went down ok. but I should have said NO, but let her do it anyway. If it gets to restricted I will go back in. I agree, you don't want it to the point that you can't drink and can't eat at all.

Ollie, how are you doing? when is your fill appointment?

Hi Janine,

I am a Life & Wellness Coach and I specialize in LAP-BAND Patients. My own LAP-BAND journey makes me passionate about helping my fellow LAP-BANDERS.

I couldn't agree with you more about helping others and can't help ourselves, I have a Life Coach myself and trust me she has been a God send to me.

It took me 3 and half years to get to this point. I became complacent during year two and focused on other areas of my life. Then I had my light bulb moment to get back on the bandwagon and do what I set out to do. So here I am at year four working on the last 30 "UGH" but it will happen I believe that with all my heart.

Edited by CoachCher

cher I agree about the motivation and the time it takes. I really just need to keep focused and keep going. My biggest barrier that I set for myself is exercise. I am not sure what my problem is there... really don't. but hopefully I will have a light bulb moment.

My friend went to a life coach, but it is not covered under insurance so that is not an option at this time for me. do you work for a lap band surgical group? I think that helping others would help you too.

Hi Fabulous Forties,

I was banded on May 27th and feeling pretty good. I am still have trouble getting in enough protien but the pain is/was minimal. Since Jan. when I started this process I have lost about 31 pounds and am so excited about the future. I am 46 and am tired of Jenny Craig, WW and every other diet plan out there on the market. I can't wait for the future and the new life ahead of ALL of us.

Have a great day!!!

Hi everyone,

I went to the surgeon on 5/12 he wouldn't set a date because my thyroid levels were too high. It was very disappointing. Went back to see him on 5/30 after increasing my dose my levels came down which he was amazed they came down so fast so I'm having surgery 6/17. For those of you who have had it done already, which Protein Drinks did you get? I don't have to pre diet so I have to go shopping this week.

hi, folks. Janine--i resolved my "allergy' to (ugh!) exercise. i don't do it at all. instead, i just do what my mom used to tell me as a kid---i GO OUT AND PLAY!!!! I dont' know why it makes a difference, it's just as much work, but because i've wrapped my head around "Playing" instead of "exercising" or "working" out, it all works for me.

Maybe it'll help you to "look at it another way..." (So far it's worked for me to the tune of 87 pounds (46 before band, 41 after...)

:P

Good for you!! I have adopted that philosophy with myself and with my clients. Our brain gets energized if it thinks we are playing viruses working. Just another way to use mind over matter!!

Hi! I'm 3 weeks post-op and have my first fill tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. I want it because I've really got no restriction now and old habits die hard. But I'm afraid of PBs and not chewing enough and PAIN! Any advice?

You will do just fine. The big thing to keep in mind is to eat slowly and not to drink. I have not really had a problem with chewing of the food like a lot of people talk about. I have slimed and bp several time but that was because I eat to fast. Not drinking while eating has been a challenge for me as well. You might not notice anything the first couple of fills. It took to the third fill for me. I will be going in a couple of weeks for another fill and know Iam ready for it.

Chris

Hi, I'm Kaz from Rotorua NZ. Had my band fitted last Wednesday. Starting weight 314lbs now 296lbs including two week run up to surgery. Need to know how to post me one of those weight loss tickers....

Well, I'm 41 and will go for my last weigh in July. I then have to submit all to insurance for approval. I am praying that all wil be a go. I am so ready to start this new chapter in my life. I have my head set right; got the exercise thing down and even dumped a wealthy boyfriend of 12 years because he was not the one. Anyone else out there already making life altering changes without even being banded yet?

:smile:I feel good, really good. A little tenderness around the wound sites but really nothing esle in the way of pain. The surgery was fabulous, I did stay overnight but that's how they do it here. Back to work next week but could have gone back on the second day. Good luck, really stick hard to the pre-op regime I think it really made a difference to my recovery:thumbup:

44 and I get my band on 7-22-08, can't wait. good luck to all

Welcome Kimaly!! I was banded on May 1st. I am feeling GREAT!! Get ready for a fun ride!!!!!!!

All the best to you!!!