Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Sue; I love your MySpace page. You are very talented with the computer. I thought I was good!! House is my favorite show too and I LOVES Vegas!!! :lol:

Thanks, I am a bit of a myspace geek, it is another great place for connecting with fellow bandsters. Plus, I can keep an eye on my kids!

Hi,

I just found this thread, I was so busy reading about preop surgeries I never looked down. I'm 42 (at least for a few more mo) I have an appt with my surgeon on May 12th to schedule my surgery. I've really enjoyed reading about everyone.

Hi Kim!! Welcome to the Fabulous Forties!!

I am scheduled for tomorrow :smile2:, but I can't wait!!! :P

May 12th will be here before you know it!!

Enjoy the journey!! :biggrin2:

Marilyn

Marilyn are you as excited as I am? I can't hardly wait! I'm leaving work at 1:30 - gonna get my fill taken out for the surgery. All my last minute shopping and housework tonight... pinch me!

Liquid pain reliever....check

chewable vitamins....check

chewable calcium.....check

liquids stocked in cabinets....check!!

Excited? Yeah!!! :lol:Nervous? I don't have time to be nervous!! :P My kids have me running all day long. Drivers license for my 16yr old, Gymnastics for my 13 yr old and soccer for my 7 yr old!! I can't wait to get to the hospital for some rest!!! :smile2:

StephC, I am so excited for you!!! I am hoping to be in your shoes in a year or so, so I will be watching your posts!!

Keep in touch!!! I'll e-mail you privately, or you can e-mail me:

mclondon@optonline.net

Marilyn

I'll be thinking of you - saying a prayer for us both!

I'm leaving work at 1:30 today, gotta get my dogs to the groomer before I go get the unfill. I guess I'll be doing all my errands as well. I can't even think straight!

What time is your surgery? Mine is at 8am so I have to be at the hospital at 6:30.

My surgery is scheduled for 12pm. I am supposed to be at the hospital at 11am...

Good luck Steph!!!

We'll connect soon!!!!

Just found out today they want me at the hospital at 5:30 - good luck and talk to you soon!

After reading your posts about the surgery getting moved up, I had a slight panic attack. As much as I want the surgery, and all the reading, preping and waiting, now that I am close to getting a date, I'm nervous.

Look forward to reading about your surgery and how well your doing.

Kim

good luck to you all. I get mine on the 13th. so I understand the nerves and excitement! We will be able to go thru this together. That is exciting!:party:

No need to panic Kim!! It was a piece of cake for me (no pun intended!!). Just stay calm and be as positive as you can.

I am banded for 3 days now and have had an unbelievably easy recovery. I am taking advil during the day for pain, but hardly have any pain!!

I'll be back to work tomorrow and will be ready!! I still need to remember to take it easy......

I can't wait to hear from stephc, although I am sure her recovery will be longer...

Congrats on getting your band!! Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Hi everyone

I was 49 years and 364 days old when I had the surgery, so I figure I can honestly be in the 50's and 40's. I was banded in Feb and so far I am 'on track' with a 1-2 pound loss/week. Of course, I wish it were more (and there are many who do achieve that), but my body is holding on firm to it's blanket of fat!

I noticed a few comments about not sure how they felt about 40, etc...for my 40th I had the best party and loved the decade. 50s - so far their great - hey I'm going to be healthy and what better thing is there than that!

Anyways, I shall be checking in on this thread regularly - that is if you let someone of the next decade in!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches