Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

I am 46 and awaiting insurance approval!! I am very excited to get banded and I am hoping for a May 1st date!!!!:crying:

I'm 43, will be 44 next month, and am stunned at how fast life travels! I am pleased when people say they think I'm in my late 20´s, early 30´s. Have inheritated good genes from my mom's side of the family!

Hello to all.:crying:

I just had an amazing compliment this weekend. I was chaperone for our church youth group at the Penn/Del youth Convention this past weekend. My 2 dd were also there, one is almost 18 and the other 22 - they chaperoned too, well the girls in my room said I can't believe your daughters are that old, I said yep they are and I'm 46. All 3 girls yelled no way! (or Shut up, you know kids) and I said yes I am. They all thought I was in my 30's, one girl says I thought you were like 32, and then the other 2 said no, more like 35 or 36. Tickled me pink. Of course I know the source is very unrelieable as with all kids 46 is pretty darn close to 80. LOL But it still made my day, week or maybe even month!

Of course I know the source is very unrelieable as with all kids

Forget the source, take the compliment and know it is true!!!

I just had an amazing compliment this weekend. I was chaperone for our church youth group at the Penn/Del youth Convention this past weekend. My 2 dd were also there, one is almost 18 and the other 22 - they chaperoned too, well the girls in my room said I can't believe your daughters are that old, I said yep they are and I'm 46. All 3 girls yelled no way! (or Shut up, you know kids) and I said yes I am. They all thought I was in my 30's, one girl says I thought you were like 32, and then the other 2 said no, more like 35 or 36. Tickled me pink. Of course I know the source is very unrelieable as with all kids 46 is pretty darn close to 80. LOL But it still made my day, week or maybe even month!

That is GREAT! Enjoy all the compliments! I bet you look terrific! You have lost a lot! Congratualtions! I sure hope I can do as well as you have done!

thanks all! I did take the compliment - it tickled me pink! I never really thought about 46 as being old until they said it that way. I still feel 35! :wub:

Hello, all!!

I'm 44 years old, and I've been on other threads, but haven't been on this one!!

I was banded on 2/27/08, and I'm receiving my first fill this Wednesday (3/26/08).

:wub:

Hi all haven't had much success in the past few weeks, still stuck since i started eating regular food again. Easter wasn't too bad but I did invade the chocolate. Waiting impatiently on my first fill April 1. I hope I will be able to calm down the eating then. I guess stress has had a lot to do with it. My hus band lost his job of 34 yrs last Friday and then had to have another heart cath where he got his 10th stent placed. He's only 52 but we were so thankful they could fix it with a stent because we were afraid it would be a bypass this time. God is good!!! Anyway back to strictness today. i go back to work tonight for the first time in a month so i'm anxious to see all my friends at work. A little diappointed that i haven't lost more but hopefully after the fill i will do better.

Hi Misty,

Congratulations! I was banded on 1/3/08 and have lost 40 pounds.

I have been going to a local support group in Baltimore, but almost all the people who come are curious about the surgery but have not yet been banded.

It is nice to find a site with similar people to "talk" to.

Meri

Hi all haven't had much success in the past few weeks, still stuck since i started eating regular food again. Easter wasn't too bad but I did invade the chocolate. Waiting impatiently on my first fill April 1. I hope I will be able to calm down the eating then. I guess stress has had a lot to do with it. My hus band lost his job of 34 yrs last Friday and then had to have another heart cath where he got his 10th stent placed. He's only 52 but we were so thankful they could fix it with a stent because we were afraid it would be a bypass this time. God is good!!! Anyway back to strictness today. i go back to work tonight for the first time in a month so i'm anxious to see all my friends at work. A little diappointed that i haven't lost more but hopefully after the fill i will do better.

Sarah, you are 100% right, God is good. The good part is the stent could be placed and a bypass was not done. I'm sorry about his job, could his health problems make him eligable for disability? My DH was placed on disability @ 48 due to MS although his has not crippled him. Might be in our future but we will meet it together, head on. That is one reason I wanted this surgery, in addition to health reasons of my own. There is a possibility I will end up being his caregiver, I have to be physically able to do it. Focus on what you need to to and God will handle the rest. PA

sleep Apena NSV

I found out last June that I had sleep apena and started using the CPAP machine about a month before being banded. I had a pressure setting of 12 and now down to a 7. I have lost close to 50lbs since being banded 6 months ago. I have been having problems with to much air etc. along with not wearing the mask the whole night. I talked to the doctor about it and he suggested that we try using a dental device instead. Insurance approved me for the device and I have started to use it and it is great. Here are pictures of the device. The dentist who deals only with sleep apnea feels that this device will work for me and that she wants to do a sleep study in about 4-6 months to ensure that it is working. If it is working then I will not need to use the CPAP.

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=2&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

Herbst_anterior_close_up.jpg (651k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=3&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_elastic_holder_buried.jpg (525k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=4&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

Herbst_heavy_hardware_side.jpg (548k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=5&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_heavy_Herner.jpg (618k) [View]

Photos: tr14x15_1.giftn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=2&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_Chris_Walters_2008_front.jpg (701k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=3&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_Chris_Walters_2008_front_1.jpg (689k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=4&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

So far the dental device seems to be working.

Chris

Chris: This is great information. Tomorrow I am going to have the mask fitted and I will bring my CPAP machine home and start using it. I am hoping that I will not have to use it after I have lost a significant amount of weight.

I will be banded on May 1st. Maybe I'll get a few good nights of rest before the surgery. Apparently according to my sleep study, I was having 25 non-breathing episodes per hour!! This explains why I have been so tired and also why I have gained some weight!!

When I used the nose mask during the 2nd sleep study, I had bruises on both sides of my nose. Hopefully I will be fitted with a mask that is comfortable and I won't want to pull it off. I know a couple of people who are using CPAP and they sleep very well.... I"ll let you know my progress......:blush:

Thanks Busy! we all have our crosses to bear and you are well on your way to not only helping yourself but becoming able to care for your hubyy when the need arises.

I had my first fill yesterday and it really wasn't bad at all. i got 3cc in my 10cc band. Was just on liquids yesterday so haven't noticed much difference yet. I am hoping I will get some restriction with this fill but I hear it may take a few to hit "the spot". Can't wait to try rea food to see how it feels.

Well I went to the sleep center to get fitted for my mask. I can't believe the technology of these machines. They are so quiet too!!

I am not on a full mask, just a nosepiece that is held on to my head with straps over my head. It is so lightweight and less intrusive than what I had on the night of my 2nd sleep study. This piece sits under my nose with pieces that go into my nostrils... My initial setting is 8.

I"m looking forward to trying it tonight, although the tech. told me that it may take some time to get used to...... Hopefully I will get off of it altogether once I am banded....

hi all!! i am 40 years old. i have been banded since oct 07. i have lost 41 pounds.:tongue_smilie: i love this thread. i hope everyone is doing great with there band. i love my band. i wish i did this a long time ago but life is what it is. good luck to all!!!!!!