Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lots Of Gas And Back Pain

I'd like to add that on my 50th birthday October 8th I weighed 181 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 50 pounds. It was the next two months that brought me along the roller-coaster of weight gain. I had my band opened in November and filled in January. It was during the time my band was opened when the gas went away. January 12th I had the new fill and 4 weeks later I had all the Fluid taken out.

It was this time I realized that I was not belching all those months. I just hadn't thought about it until the Fluid was taken out this last time. Now i was belching and passing gas normally.

My advice to anyone having problems, don't be afraid to have the fluid taken out of your band, even if it backs you up a few months. It's worth it to rule out any issues you may be having with the band. If your problems go away when the band is open and they come back when you are tight then it has to be the band....

You are very smart to suggest that all symptoms and complications need to be charted. I wish someone was spending as much time doing that as others are spending time and money on advertising that suggests that anyone who is overweight should go get the Lap Band.

My doctor (LB surgeon) just had his book published on LB surgery. I don't know if it will have a cross country release or if it is meant to be used by doctors. His advance copy just arrived and I'm sure I'll learn more about it soon. If it is something that can help LB patients, I will pass that information along.

I want to interject something here that I hope has absolutely no bearing on your post or problem. That is that my dad and my brother both have Crohn's Disease. The problem that you mentioned that you've had to deal with sounds very much like what their early stages of Crohn's dealt them. Since you are like I am, and really like to research things and get all the information available, I'm telling you about their experience for what it's worth.

For what it is worth is quite a bit thank you, I honestly appreciate anything anyone has suggested. I have looked into Crohn's and I did not have the symptoms:

Information on Crohn's Disease Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment by MedicineNet.com

How is Crohn's disease diagnosed?

The diagnosis of Crohn's disease is suspected in patients with fever, abdominal pain and tenderness, diarrhea with or without bleeding, and anal diseases. Laboratory blood tests may show elevated white cell counts and sedimentation rates, both of which suggest infection or inflammation. Other blood tests may show low red blood cell counts (anemia), low blood Proteins, and low body minerals, reflecting loss of these elements due to chronic diarrhea.

I hope your Brother and you Father are doing okay.

Virginia

virginian: thank goodness! You didn't mention any of the other symptoms so I had no idea if you had the pain that is also one of the first signs of Crohn's (besides the one you did mention).

Crohn's is not something that many people are aware of athough it is not all that uncommon anymore, but it's definitely not something you want and I am so glad that you checked it out and are confident that you don't have it!

:tongue2:

Thanks for asking about my bro and dad. My brother is fine. My dad passed away from complications after a surgery. (Not related to Crohn's)

It's interesting too. They have come out with information just in the past couple of days, about a drug that is sometimes used during cardiac surgery that they've learned is killing people. Their kidneys shut down and it can happen years after the original surgery. My dad's kidney's inexplixibly shut down. He had to be put on a respirator and dialysis. He died a month later. My brother is checking to see if that drug was used on my dad. At the time, Dad's doctor was completely baffled (so he said) by the episode that killed him. He claimed that the surgery went perfectly.

i have had such terrible and painful gas lately. especially bad when you work in a small office and the other two workers are men. you just cant cut loose.

but a friend told me to bend over and try to kiss my knees. i kinda thought she was crazy. but i swear after every time i do it, i burp!!!

this has got to help. if it comes out the top maybe less will have to come out the bottom.

i have also started taking gasx and it seems to be helping.

so hopefully these two things will get me back to normal.

i am haveing this gas problem to any one know what to do

I just had the surgery on April 8th. the realize band. I have been getting upper back pains ONLY when I eat. Is this normal, if so any suggestions how to deal with it?

ok thanks i will try it

i had lapband surgury Nov 5, 2008 i have been filled twice and it has been about 4 weeks since my last fill and i am getting so much upper gas and back pain that i feel like tossing it up. has anyone else felt the same way. And if

so what did you do to cure it.

uhhhh!!! I have horrible gas pains every night. I can burp at least 17 times in a row without even taking a breath. Anyone else have the same gas pain? I remember celery was on the do not eat list, and I did have celery the night it started back up, I just can't tell if that was it.

Some gas pains are probably normal. Yours sounds like too much, especially with your back being invoved. May just be something you ate, like celery, but if it persists you should ask your doctor about it. It could be something more serious than just gas. Like a hiatal hernia. Or gall bladder can manifest itself with pain in your chest and back. Better to check it out than to just be in pain and guess about it since it could be something important.

i am having the exact same issues. i have had pain near the port and now it is sticking out. i constantly burp after eating and also if i dotn eat. it feels like my port moved! do i need tos ee the doctor