Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Type of Pet?

What's your favorite type of pet?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite type of pet?

• Dog
    • Cat
    • Bird
    • Fish
    • Horse
    • Reptile
    • Amphibian

I know what your going through Vines. I just hung up w/the vet & Gunnars pancreas is still failing.. he has been sneezing since 2 am this morning & having a tuff day. He just turned 9 in Feb. I asked the vet if is he on his way out? (keeping in mind he also just has liver failure 6 mnths ago) & the vet said slowly. That 9 was old for a boxer but we both think he make it to 10. I pray. Gunnar has rugs all over my tile floors & steps just so he has better traction, it looks ugly but I don't care. When the time comes, I hope you & I can both be strong & cherish each moment we have left. Give Astro a big sloppy wet kiss from Gunnar!

Crystal and Christina, I'm sorry to hear that your dogs are not doing well. It's so hard to watch our furry friends' health decline. Astro and Gunnar are lucky to have human companions who care so much for them. And Christina, I adore the group photos! Gunnar must be a Labrador trapped in a Boxer body! I am a big Lab fan; they always make me smile. The big chocolate dog in your pictures looks a lot like my old Lola. My Sophie gives your guys a big sniff and wag, and we both hope they feel better.

Christina, could someone please get Gunners pictures to appear on your post (instead of having to click on the extra links).

I just finished showing my sister and mom Gunner's pics... LOL, theyve never seen anything so cute!

Thank you Paula & Zoe. I will have to contact Penni - Because I have no idea how to do it. She is out of town now but still may be able to help with just a laptop.

Gunnar says thanks Btw & send a big sloppy kiss for the compliments! He Loves showing off for the cameras;0)

My little fur baby is an 11 month old mini dachshund named Angel. She is black & tan and was the runt of the litter. She's 8 pounds, fast as lightning, spoiled rotten and I love her dearly. As soon as I get my scanner hooked up with this computer I will post pics.

When Penni gets back, maybe she can give some instructions on posting pics without having to click on attachments? Pretty please?

my poor poor old dog. I don't want to have him put down, but he's getting to the point where I may have no choice. They just don't make doggy walkers or wheelchairs for elderly dogs.

He's gotten to the point where he doesn't really walk normally anymore, he just sort of hobbles. two days ago he had to take a nap while he was eating his dinner. Standing that long was too long.

walking the distance from the living room to the backdoor is almost too far to make all at once. He made it to the back door then had to lie down before he could go out, but I think he was mad at us because we took that opportunity to cut his nails...

My poor old dog. I feel like crying.

Crystal, this is sad news. But luckily you're wrong about one thing: there are wheelchairs -- more like four-legged carts -- for old and disabled dogs; see the bottom of the page at http://www.abledogs.net/faq.html for links.

Whatever you decide, you might want to check http://www.srdogs.com/index.html for support. Good luck with this difficult choice; I know you have your dog's best interests at heart.

okay, now I am going to cry. There is a wonderful book that I'm not going to buy call something like "for the love of old dogs" I picked it up and had to put it down.

My poor Astro probably wouldn't benifit from one of the doggy wheelchairs, because he still has a very diffiuclt time with his front legs as well as his back legs. I've seen that webside for the older dogs before, and it always makes me cry. We adopted Asto when he was almost 10, so he was old when he came to live with us. He'll be 16 in October...

He's learned a new trick... he's figured out how to open the pantry door so he can go "grocery shopping" whenever he wants. Do y'all have any idea how much mess a box of bisquick makes???? Almost as much of a mess as a bag of flour!

He was mad at one of "our boys" yesterday. Casey didn't greet him as usual, and Astro was upset about it all day! Funny old dog!

Crystal,

I am so sorry about your dog. I have always said that when Schnapps (my spoiled dalmation) passes away I'm leaving the country. She is 11 plus (I got her 2nd hand and she had been abused).

But last year when my dad was dying I promised him that when she starts going downhill I will put her to sleep. He said it was pure hell even when he knew what was going on and letting a dog suffer like that wasn't fair.

Just do what is right for you and your dog. And I will pray for you and your dog (as I sit here crying for the two of you).

Celeste

My poor old dog has good days and bad days. He's been having better days since I wrote my lament. I just can't stand the thought of anyone or anything suffering.

Some days I would sell both of the beasts for .59 cents a pound.

Sister Mary Frances is a ball obsessed black lab mix. She is named after my best friend Mary and my mom, Frances. Add sister in front of any name and I think it's damm funny.

Douglas is a peniley challenged yellow lab mix-Again, named after a friend. A vet told me once that "That dog has the smallest penis that I have ever seen on a dog...of any size."

I love them both...

My husband feels he runs in fourth place around our house. My sweet red headed girl Sophie (3+years old) being number one .

Hey, Sally, do you have dog photos? Let's see the beasties! Poor Douglas -- my mom has told me about "Neuticles," fake testicles for altered dogs; penile implants must be available somewhere. Tell your Sophie that there's a crazy Sophie dog in Chicago who says hello.