Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Type of Pet?

What's your favorite type of pet?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite type of pet?

• Dog
    • Cat
    • Bird
    • Fish
    • Horse
    • Reptile
    • Amphibian

I adore my four legged fur-kids. I can't imagine life without them.

My Shih Tzu is on a diet right now. She's on R/D, a mega Fiber, low cal dog food. This is a little girl that won't EAT dog food. It is my job to figure out what she wants for the day and get it. That might be chicken and brown rice, a burger, Chinese food, what have you.

Amazingly, she is eating R/D. Only problem is that my baby has become similar to a tube of toothpaste. In the morning she has to go BAD! She can hardly make it to the door without R/D coming out her back side.

She doesn't jump up or down from anything so I have to lift her up to whatever she wants to sit on. When I pick her up and put her on the floor in the morning it's like squeezing a tube of over-filled toothpaste. R/D starts shooting out her butt.

Non critter lovers would be grossed out, I just laugh as I scrub. LOL

bubblebutt - you are the best doggie mommy!!! now that's love...!!!

Ohhh, she's my baby. I'd do anything for her. She does anything for me so it's a fair trade, wouldn't you agree?

Wanna see her? She is SOOOO cute!

http://www.crazyfordogs.com/cgi-mine/pscripts/pow.cgi?which=crazyforDOGS&tc=162

BTW, this is a link that you send your dog's photo and bio and they post it for a week. A week's worth of fame!

This is the baby after we made a 1500 mile drive to my home town in Iowa. The poor dear needed her pillows and her own bed after such a long drive.

235b9074.jpg

And the following is the little angel after we got to Denver where my sis lives. My little baby (all 8 pounds of her) met her 50# and 75# cousins and while my sis was at work and I was shopping all day, they were tearing up chew toys, stuffed toys, and tracking mud in and out the doggy door while taking turns chasing one another.

EllieAndAlex008.jpg

See the pieces of the insides of dog toys on the carpet next to her? Yeah, took me all afternoon to clean and scrub carpets before my sis got home.

she's just too damn cute for words!!!! i love fluffy doggies... she looks like she would be great to cuddle!!!

she's just too damn cute for words!!!! i love fluffy doggies... she looks like she would be great to cuddle!!!

You know what? When I come home from a horrible day at work and my patient died, life sucked, and my world is coming to an end, she's always there for me.

She's the best cuddler ever. Well, next to your dog! LOL

OMG! Look at those eyes! He is just perfect! What a cutey! He has the "guilt" look. Meaning, you look at him and instantly feel guilty for not enough loves, hugs, snuggles, and tummy scratches!

He is perfect, absolutely perfect! He darn sure has you guys figured out! LOL My dog isn't that smart. heh....

I love this thread. I have two cats; Baby and Simon and 3 female pit bulls; Mya, Misha, and Kyra. Baby is 14 years old. She is allergic to fish. Simon was a ferrell kitten that my DB found. He was raised with the litter of puppies that Misha came from. Mya is mom; Misha came from the first litter. There were a total of 12 puppies in that litter, plus Simon. Kyra was the second litter. She was the only one. At one time we had Mya, Tank (father), all 12 of the puppies, and my sisters Chow-SharPei at my house. We sold most of the puppies. We had kept two of them…Misha and Milo. Milo was my little boy. At 6 months he weighed over 100lbs. One day Misha, Mya, and Milo got out of the gate; Milo was hit by a car that didn’t stop. So now we just have the females and the cats. I am including a few pics.

post-214233-13813134702472_thumb.jpg

post-214233-13813134702996_thumb.jpg

Carelene...

A Shih Tzu and Mini Schnauzer? If so, my two fav breeds!

They are perfect, I love the photos. Makes me want to pick them both up and hold them forever.

YES! Lucy the psycho Shih Tzu and Jackson the goofy Mini-Schnauzer. Both of them were rescues - more or less.

Lucy is such a little twit, I made DH promise that if something happens to me, he will give her to the groomer - the only other person in the world she tolerates, besides me. Otherwise, I know she'd be headed for the dog pound the day after my funeral.

They are both picky breeds. One is smart, one is spoiled. Okay, they both end up being spoiled but one is smart. LOL

Honestly, they are both my absolute favorite breeds.

I have a Shih Tzu that won't even tolerate Suzi the groomer. She only puts up with grooming because she knows she has to and there is no other choice. But that took 5 years to teach her.

They are both picky breeds. One is smart, one is spoiled. Okay, they both end up being spoiled but one is smart. LOL

Honestly, they are both my absolute favorite breeds.

I have a Shih Tzu that won't even tolerate Suzi the groomer. She only puts up with grooming because she knows she has to and there is no other choice. But that took 5 years to teach her.

Lucy HATES being groomed. She has been banned from a couple of places, even though I gave her doggy Valium before I took her. Now I have the world's best groomer. She is as good as the dog whisperer, I swear. And she doesn't use meds.

You can do anything to Jackson and he doesn't care, but bathing Lucy is like trying to baptize a cat! In fact, I have accused Lucy of being a cat in a dog's body. Dogs have owners, but cats (and Lucy) have attendants.

You are right, though. The Schnauzers are SMART!

Lucy HATES being groomed. She has been banned from a couple of places, even though I gave her doggy Valium before I took her. Now I have the world's best groomer. She is as good as the dog whisperer, I swear. And she doesn't use meds.

You can do anything to Jackson and he doesn't care, but bathing Lucy is like trying to baptize a cat! In fact, I have accused Lucy of being a cat in a dog's body. Dogs have owners, but cats (and Lucy) have attendants.

You are right, though. The Schnauzers are SMART!

LOL!!! Notice I did not claim it was the SCHNAUZER that was smart (even thought that is exactly what I meant) as I would never insult a Shih Tzu that way.

But Shih Tzu's really aren't the brightest in the bunch, eh? LOL

A Shih Tzu's job is to be pretty, and prance. They are meant to ... well, prance. And then prance some more. They know what they want and when they want it and it is your job to figure that out. After all, you are the mere human. They will work and work and try to make you realize what it is you need to do for them. When you, being the mere human, appears slow or lazy, they will correct you.

A Mini Schnauzer, OTOH, is designed to tell you what you want. They will inform you of that at each and every given moment. They will alert you to fire, flood, intrusion, or any other sign of impending danger. They will even let you know when an unknown bird is walking around in their front yard. Little is to be tolerated by a Mini Schnauzer.

However a Mini Schnauzer understands humans in a way no other breed does. They know what you want when you want it and if they have the energy, they are the first to get it.

I adore both breeds, my mostest favoritest breeds.