Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady Losers 4ever!

Happy Easter Everyone! hope it was a good one! This was my first easter w/out family but it was still good...went to church and then brunch w/a few friends....so it was very relaxing!

I'm doing ok, but am struggling again w/the scale....I think I need another fill AND I Need to check and make sure I'm not having leakage....ugh...need to figure out when I can get an appt.

Other than that things on the job and man front both remain the same....no progress to report...but you know I'll keep y'all posted!

Steph...I WISH I was too tight right now! I can eat wayy too much right now!

BMan...sorry to hear you're in pain...I need to get back on track w/the gym. I've been slackin the past 3 weeks...tomorrow I will start up again!

Hope you all resisted the Easter Candy! ;-) TTYl

boo the baby is so cute

I love little babies

steph you sound like me before I got the flu I was pbing once or more a day but man I lost the weight

hope everyone had a great easter I had a bite of a burger and some chips

all together I was pretty good if we kind of forget about the easter bunny sweets I ate yum

hi all - we had a nice Easter, the food was good (pat..pat..I'm the cook) and the company was excellant. I love having a houseful of people. I got a little pissed off at dinner bc I'm so tight I could barely eat anything. I dont' think I eat more then 1/2 cup at a time now. Theres all this good food and I can't even enjoy it - first time I felt really frustrated with my band. BUT on the other hand I am trying to get 10 lbs off this month so I'm not going to complain. We had eaten at about 1:30 and I was good, didn't over eat or PB then at about 8:30 I thought I'd eat some mashed potatoes (which always go down so good) no way - they didnt' even get all the way down and up they came. I thought maybe the ham made me retain some Water.

Something else is going on with me now - tell me if this is happening to any of you. I am waking up in the night with gas pain, I sit up in bed and I burp, its as if I have these huge gas bubbles caught in my stomach. Then theres relief. Its just weird and has happened about 3-4 times since this last fill. Its not really heartburn, its like my lower stomach is making gas and it seeps up into the smaller pouch.

Steph- if I am filled to a spot where I lose weight I cannot even eat 1/2 cup at a time. You will get used to it. As far as the gas, try some Gas X before bed. Also may need to increase the Fiber, which could cause more gas intially but got make sure things are moving thru there well. If you get constipated, it really backs things up I have noticed

Update on me- pg is going well, except i have a horrid rash and I am allergic to my own progesterone!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelieveable! Sometimes it just makes me cry! Oh well onlt 28 more weeks to go! My weight has stayed the same even with my unfill. I thought I had gained a pound but as of this morning I am still at my lowest weight ever! YEAH Made it thru 1st trimester (almost) and no weight gain. So how much do you think I will gain on this cruise coming up in may??? LOL I will probably make up for it there! Jill

BK---congrats on your adoption!!! So glad things have worked out for you....Sorry about your sickness. Congrates on your new job!!!

BooBoo---That baby is sooooo cute!!! And such a pretty name.

Steph---Congrats for your daughter!!! Way to go!!!

Hope everybody had a wonderful Easter!!!

Steph...sorry to hear about the gas pain....I am fortunately (knock on wood), not having the same symptoms, but I wonder if it has anything to do w/your PBing a lot?? I dunno....try the GasX and see how it goes!

BMAn....thanks for your inspiration...I worked out today and have a few friends planning a 3 mile trail walk tomorrow evening! :) I also started tracking my calories on FitDay and realized that I've been GRAZING WAAAYYY TOO MUCH!! I guess that's just the boredom of still being home and unemployed :-( MUST STOP!

JILL...glad to hear things are going well w/the pregnancy!!

I started thinking about the fill being so tight and tomorrow will be one week and I always seem to tighten up a week or so later, so I guess this is normal. Then this afternoon I was exhausted so I laid down for a while when I woke up Aunt Flo had arrived so 2+2= a tight band. I have pb'd everything I ate today. I just ate a few cashews, which I chewed to a pulp, and I can feel them in there too. I guess I'll just take it easy and drink some yuko Protein Shakes tomorrow and see how I feel.

Jill the I've been using the gasx, unfortunately I used my last one last night. I think I'll chew some papaya enzymes before bed. Sorry you've got a rash, I've never heard of being allergic to yourself. Did they give you something for it? My dil went today and got a sonogram (or whatever you call them now) they got pics of the baby and can hear the heartbeat. She's due Nov. 15, just 6 weeks pregos now. They are so excited, my son asked for a pic of his own so he can show the baby at work. LOL Goofy kid, wonder where he gets it from.

Jackie - I missed you at support group. We have a clothing exchange in April. Which I think I'll have quite a bit to donate. I had a horrible time trying to find something to wear to church yesterday. All my 10's are winter clothes, dark and heavy and all my lighter stuff is too big. I finally found one outfit that looked great but it was sleeveless and dang if PA isn't the same as living in Siberia! I ended up wearing an outfit my neice gave me, the top was fine but the skirt was too big and kept sliding down.

I go to PS on Thursday, keep me in prayer that they'll give me a good early date in April. I told DH I'm not buying any more clothes until I get this tt done and the swelling goes down. By June I'll need to buy all new summer clothes anyway so I may as well wait it out. I'm able to wear jeans to work for now, once the season gets going I'll have to start wearing casual office - which I have absolutely nothing. Its frustrating, but I'll survive.

Boo are you still into BB? I'm loving this season! I like James and Chelsea, gay Josh - always love the gay guys - and Ryan.

VA - have fun on your hike. You always do such fun stuff. You seem to have a great group of friends. Grazing is easy to do when you are home alot. I fought it all winter. Since I'm back to work more now I dont' do it as bad. And of course this new fill helps in that area too.

well I'm down 2 lbs, since I last updated my ticker. I hit 161 this morning, thats with TOM and Easter! I didnt' have gas last night, woohoo. I'm giving my band a rest today, I'm going to try to just do liquids. I was planning on making ham pot pie anyway so that'll work. In case you all aren't from PA (which I know you aren't) ham pot pie is a stew with dumplings or egg noodles. I never heard of it til I moved here but it is good. I don't know why they call it pot pie since its nothing like a pie. Its probably a hungarian word that the locals have chopped up.

Steph I hope you will be able to eat at least something again soon

I did not realize you were into big brother that is my fav reality tv show

I watch the big brother after dark even

I like ryan he is my fav so far

jill I am proud of you no weight gain you must be doing something right

Okay guys I am almost embarssed to tell this story but here goes so last night I decided I was going to start working out again so I set my alarm one hr early to get started

I have not worked out since I picked my son up at the hospital 4 months ago

well needless to say I lasted 5 mins on the stepper and I was worn out talk about out of shape I used to do over one hr on that thing

I guess baby steps work

Bk - yes BB is one of my favorite shows! My girls and I watch it 3x a week! As for the stepper - girl those things are KILLERS! I dont' have one but while at the hotel last week I went down to exercise, I walked 1/2 hour on the treadmill then thought I'd ride the bike for 15 min. and do the stepper for 15 - I got on the bike and after about 5 min. my butt was hurting so bad I got off. So I got on the stepper, I about died, I did about 2 min and that was it. I got back on the treadmill and finished walking the rest of the hour. So dont' feel bad.

Completed my first week with the personal trainer! well, I completed what she wrote for a week... i am 2 days ahead of schedule!

My trainer was asking about my weight loss today and sd she could NOT believe I lost that much weight. She says I am very strong and healthy. She would never have known I weighed that much. So, that was awesome.

She said she loves it when I come to workout because I keep up with her and she can come out and work out with me! ha. I don't keep up very well. She is barely winded and I am gasping and struggling! BUT I DO, do it! that is what counts I guess.

Today she came out and did all of my strength training with me. It was so much fun to have someone to do it with. She yelled at me when I didn't keep my elbows in and tried to cheat by using my legs when I was working my triceps.... haha.

It is awesome to have someone kick your ass!

I ran another 2.5 miles today... that is 5 miles so far for the week.

I am ready for week 3 of my couch to 5K. I am downloading it now!

GO GO GO everyone on the exercise! It is so hard to get back into it. BELIEVE ME! I KNOW. I sucked it up alll winter long. I wish I hadn't. I havent stepped on a scale. I am afraid it hasn't moved. UGH!

Baby steps! That is what I keep telling myself. Running 3 miles at once seems impossible right now. We will see what happen in 9 weeks.

Love you ladies! Keep up the awesome work. So, glad we are inspiring eachother to get moving again. I went through a real slow patch. I hope I stay on track this time!

Bman you are a powerhouse! I never doubted you for a minute and you inspire so many people to get moving again! WTG! You'll be doing marathons before we know it. I'm glad you have someone to workout with, it really does help.

Last night my neice said she didn't feel like walking so I said ok, and I thought I'd go by myself. I whined to dh and said ugh I don't feel like going alone, I got my period, whine whine whine and the great motivator that he is said, don't go, its not like you have to go, stay home with me (and watch Cops..LOL...fun fun) - so I did. I stayed home and laid my lazy arse on the couch. But it was good bc I had been away since Wed. and then Sun was busy with family so he needed some time alone with me. He loves me.

oh btw - did ya'll notice my ticker? Can you believe it? I'm flipping shocked to see I've lost 70 lbs! I know alot of you have lost more then that, but it just seems like WOW!!! When I was down 68 or 69 lbs it didn't have any effect on me like seeing the 70. My big big goal is 150, I know thats not actually in the "normal" bmi range - 145 will put me in the norm but I can't remember being at 150, so it must have been good. The last time I remember being at a somewhat normal weight was 1996, I weighed 163 when I started working at the newspaper. That was 12 years ago. I feel so good about where I am today. I love my band, it was the best thing I've ever done for ME!

WAY TO GO STEPH!!! :eek: Down 70 lbs!!!! So proud of you! :biggrin2:

I still havent weighed myself. I even got naked and stared at the scale tonight and still didnt do it. (I'm afraid!) ha

I Did 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym and took the day off from running. My knee is a bit tender and so were my shins. I think I was over doing it a bit. So, I am going to give them a little break before I start Week 3... I think i will start it Friday. I am done with week 2!

Training is going awesome. I am on my 2nd full week. Weight training is kicking my butt still, but I dont hurt quite so much this time through which must mean I am building a bit of muscle.

I worked out for 2 hours tonight! geeeeeesssshhhhhh! but I was having fun... so, I guess that is allowed

:confused2: ok STORY!!!!! :confused2:

Today, I get back from working out. It is 7:30 at night. I am in sweats and a XL t shirt that is 3 sizes too big. (on a personal note, i probably smell! haha) I walk into the grocery store to get onion powder. (hoping to dodge in and out unnoticed)

WHY DID A GUY ASK ME OUT ON A DATE FOR THIS WEEKEND!!?!?!? :) HAHAHAHA

Of all times... i have been sweating like a pig for 2 hours. In sweats and this guy I met once before came up and said "remember me?" "Can I have your number so that i can call you and we can go out this weekend?"

I was like... WHAT!?!? ha HOW FUNNY

I gave him my number. Any guy that still thinks I am cute after all that mess is worth a second look. ha.

I just find that amusing. I dress really nice most days and then, the one day I go out in public looking a mess and trying to hide... and I get asked out on a date??

Life is so strange.