Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady Losers 4ever!

Thank you! I can't wait to be a grammy! And he/she will be born at a perfect time - November - its when I'm laid off again! I'll have all next winter to spend everyday with them.

Thanks Faith, I like the name George too, but its not a popular name thats for sure :biggrin:

I like traditional names, although I named my girls Raquel Rene and Olivia Maxine and at the time neither name was being used. Olivia is pretty popular now. Theres a little girl in our church named Nancy, I think its so cute just bc it was real popular when I was a kid but you don't hear it anymore. Like Carol, Linda, Kathy, Patty, Kim, Michele, Karen - you never see those names anymore but I bet in another 10 years they'll come around again.

I told you I was taking an online class, its crazy but I love it. Not the subject but just learning again. LOL It makes me want to go back to school. Maybe its just that its giving me something different to do. I really dont' want to go to school again, but a class once in a while is good.

I have lost a pound. Flipped me out when I got on the scale, I love my band. Even when I eat junk I can somehow lose a pound a month!

Work is great! They have their own high tech gym on-site! PERSONAL TRAINER INCLUDED!!! How fippin' awesome is that!!?!? I can't wait to get out of training and get started!

The drive is actually nice. I just am not home with my doggy much. She is going through withdraw. She just looks so sad :shades_smile: my poor baby. I wish I could take her with me. I love the furry little mutt so much!

I will write me later... going to go walk my puppy!

Bman - glad to hear the job is going good. I can relate about the pupster being lonely. You've been home alot lately so its going to be harder on her. Have you thought of getting another? Thats what I did. I felt so bad when I had to leave Gigi all day, she looked so sad, so when she had her last litter we kept Sandee so they have each other to keep them company when we are gone all day. Sandee is the one who's the most attached to me. She is so funny, she does this wailing thing when I'm gone. When I went away for 2 nights my dh said she cried all night. Even now when I'm home if she's sleeping in the chair and I'm in the other room she'll wake up and start crying, I'll yell for her and she runs in and jumps on my lap. So funny.

So I called my insurance co on Monday - they said they hadn't received anything on the tt - so I called my dr yesterday and they said they sent everything last thursday, so maybe they just haven't opened it yet. My ins. co said that they would have a determination within 24 hours of receiving it. I'm going to try to wait until Monday to call again but I really want to call again today - this is almost as hard as waiting to get the band approved. Then its all in whether my dr can do it this month. Everyone say a group prayer for me - I really want this done now - it'll bum me out if I get approved and have to wait until Nov.

So everyone is MIA again?

oh Bman I forgot to say - thats pretty

FLIPPIN' AWESOME!

about your company having a personal trainer! See all things work out, don't they? What you thought was terrible turned into a good thing. I'm happy for you.

BMAN...that ROCKS about your company having a gym AND FREE Personal Training!! Damn...I'd work there for practically nothing to have that! Ok, well, not really LOL.....I had a 2nd meeting w/a potential employer today and it sounds like I've got the job pending a signed contract....so keep your fingers crossed that the contract gets signed so they can hire me!

I'm off to the gym...haven't been in a week and really need to get my butt in gear!

Steph...I'll say some prayers that your TT gets approved asap!!! I know waiting sucks! Hang in there!

Hi everyone!!

I am looking for a thread that I will fit in to. I would love to join Steady Losers!! I was banded on 8/27/07. My fills were 11/29 4.8CC and 2/12 1.8CC. I am walking my butt off (literally) and starting to benefit from a decent fill. I am working hard toward being a steady loser!!

Hello my ladies

I am so freaking lazy these days! lol...I have had the worste break ever and it is pretty much over...lol...I have sewed only a few hats and a shirt or too..lol...

Faith--I did get some vintage patterns. I am so excited but very scared to do them...I ahve no idea!

Bman--wooo hooo how is it going baby?? That is so freaking cool about work!! WOOO HOOO!

Nikki--you're nesting sweetie for sure! How does it feel again? :thumbdown:

Steph--I have a new niece coming this month, I am so freaking stoked!! WOO HOOO!! SO I know how you feel! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the newbies! Hope we don't scare you away! :bored: lol...welcome!

Hi Jody and welcome to our group! Tell us about yourself. You'll see we aren't just talking weight on this thread - although we add a line now and then just to make everyone think its all about the band. :)

Boo - sounds like you had a busy break. Keep working at the sewing, you'll get better all the time. Congrats on the new baby too. Sooooo exciting!!

My youngest goes on Monday to take her boards for cosmo. She's so excited. Hard to believe that in just a couple months she'll be one of the working stiffs. I tried talking her into college but its a no go thing with her. I figure after a year of working she just might change her mind.

Va - thanks for the prayers and I'm saying one for you too. I hope this is the job. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Boo - did you watch BB tonight? Too cool! I love the twists. I read on the boards that the viewers didnt' like the whole couple thing so maybe thats why they changed it up. I wonder if they'll keep their couple alliences.

Bman - have you seen the personal trainer? Is he cute and what ever happened with our chocolate covered marine?

I did really good today food wise - now if I can just get into walking again. I held off calling the ins. co again today - geesh I'm so impatient! I really want to call, but I don't want to seem like a pest. I want to get this taken care of this month and I know I'm pushing it but I can't help myself.

Steph - so funny you should bring my marine up. He actually just got ahold of me today. He is home and wants to get together. We havent talked in over a month... sooooo that is pretty good timing on your part. ha. He is as yummy as ever I am sure. chocolate and all.... hahaha - too bad I am low carbing! hehe

Speaking of which... man. I must be doing this right.

Remember the beauty of:

- Gas

- Mud Butt... (wasnt that NAT word!!??)

I sure remember what it was like for months after surgery now. I must be doing this right this time. I sure hope the scale starts moving like it did after surgery!

Welcome Lady Bug, just read along and jump right in - most of us have been together since December of 2006 :) sooooo you have yourself a pretty crazy group. You are more than welcome. Just throw your 2 cents in and ask any questions you want!

BOO BOO - it is only Tuesday night! You should still have the rest of the week left for your vaca right!!?!? They do seem to go tooooo fast though don't they??

VAband - tell me about it!!! soooooo awesome.... i just want to work and live at the gym for an hour EVERY day. No excuses now!

STEPH #2 comment:

Haven't seen my trainer yet!!! BUT a girl can dream... are personal trainers chocolate covered!?!? hehe

BMAN....so when are you getting together w/your Marine!?? ;-) My 'guy' has had the flu so I haven't seen him in over a week! I hate that I miss him as much as I do....ugh!! I will hopefully get to see him tonight now that he's on the mend...

I am going back to the company I interviewed with to sit in on their team meeting tomorrow...I think that is the last step before getting an offer...although still waiting for their client to sign the contract...but things are looking pretty good!

LadyBug...welcome! Like Bman said....we've all been together for a while, but you're welcome to jump right in! :)

I'm off to hopefully my final interview/team meeting w/a company I want to work for....but HAD To tell my ladies!! I Went to buy a new suit yesterday and I fit into a Size 16!!!!! Wooo hooo!!! Granted, its a little snug in the butt, but it is not unwearable! I think I look HOT In it! :crying: When I started this process....I was a size 24!!! Anyways...wanted to share my little victory...I'm off! Have a great day ladies!

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH for you VA! Isn't it feel wonderful to get into those sizes that seemed unattainable? I'm so proud of you and feel sure you'll get this job. Sending prayers your way! You are doing so good in all aspects, I'm so happy for you.

I have been pouring over the ps threads trying to find how long I would be off work. I'm calling the ins co today - its driving me crazy not knowing. I'd rather know I didn't get approved then to have to sit here not knowing anything.

Bman thats so funny that I ask about the marine and here he is! When are you getting together. Fill us in on all the 'yummy' details haha :crying:

I picked dd up from the airport yesterday and we went to have lunch and did a little shopping. She was so much fun now that she broke up with bf - she was flirting with all the guys, it was cute to see her like that again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jBOhYOB18U]YouTube - 24 down korean idols[/ame]

If you have nothing better to do watch this video, its of my dd's friends from college. Its so funny!

EEEEKKK!! :tongue: We have a blizzard warning! That I just drove home from work in!

Thank god I made it. That was a crazy experience. I was supposed to try to get together with my Marine this weekend, but I won't be going ANYWHERE this weekend apparently!

Hope you are all safe at home and having a great weekend!

VABAND - CONGRATS!!! on those pants girl! awesome!

Steph - So glad you had fun with the daughter :tt2: It has to make you feel good to see her back to her old self. That is a big step after a break up.

Did you remember to turn your clocks ahead? :thumbup:

Its been a nice weekend. We went to dinner with friends Friday night and they came over afterwards and stayed until after 1:00 - late night for this old lady! :angry: They have 4 little kids so they really needed a night away with adult conversation.

Yesterday my dd (my baby) had a cheerleading competition. They didn't win but its fun to watch everyone. Then we came home and laid around watching movies, my son and dil came over for dinner so we ate lasagna and played cards. There had been tension in the house between the kids a couple years ago (I think I told you dil didn't have my 2 dd's in the wedding= hurt feelings), but now they've all patched things up and our house was filled with laughter again. My girls are so excited to be aunties, they were singing to the baby and rubbing her tummy. My son was dancing like Shikera - lol - so it was a very silly evening in this house.

Today the house will be empty, dd#1 leaves to go back to college and dd#2 and I are driving out to Pittsburgh today and spending the night bc she takes her state boards for cosmo in the morning. Shes so nervous, its only about 1 1/2 hour drive so we could easily do it in the morning but she's afraid of traffic and so I figure just to ease her nerves we'll go today.

Did I tell you I called the ins. co on Friday? They got everything and said I should know this week if I'm approved. I'm still hoping and praying I'll get in there before April.

Bman we had the 'blizzard' last night, the wind gusts were terrible! But we didn't get much snow, its still just snowing real lightly this morning. I am soooooooo ready for spring!

We had 15+ inches of snow here! :smile2: It was crazy. Roads are kinda cleared off now. I sure hope they are ok for me to get to work tomorrow. WHAT A MESS!