Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slowing down - working harder

Well five and a half months out the weight loss is really slowing down. I am doing a lot more exercise and working a lot harder to lose a few pounds. Finally got to update my ticker as i finally lost two pounds. I do know i need a fill, but i can`t get in to doctor till the 24th. Hope things pick up a little then. I guess i should be grateful i am not gaining and stop whining. I love my band and i am done whining now. LOL Donna:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

You've done a great job so far and as much as we all hate it...things do slow down from time to time. Hang in there though. Try switching things up...stop doing your same old exercise routine and try something new or change up your food choices...usually a "shake up" will spark renewed weight loss.

Oh my gosh Donna, you are doing great girl! So close to goal. You are an inspiration to this "over 50" and I hope I can do as well! No one said weight loss was going to be fast. Most tell you it should take at least a year, and come summer - - you will be there!

I am in your same boat. I have lost 81lbs and now it is like pulling teeth to get an ounce to come off. I am still exercising and even changing up the workouts. I had a fill done on tuesday and have still not seen any results. I guess we just have to keep on doing what we are doing and eventually our bodies will give it up. Good luck with your struggles; I feel your pain.

I'm with you-Hope my fill (on Thursday) helps kick things off. I am losing and gaining the some 3 pounds over and over again!

Donna you're doing so well... an inspiration to all. Same to the rest of you. I can't wait to lose my next 20 lbs (29 off so far). Weight loss has always been that way for me... heaps at the beginning then slows down to almost nothing. Of course it doesn't help that the motivation slows down as well. I'm determined not to let that happen this time.

I am in the same boat as well!

I'm getting another fill Thursday to help kick in some weight loss. I started exercising so I've been able to lose 2# in the last 2 weeks versus nothing the 2-3 weeks before that. It has definitely slowed down on the weight loss!

I know it gets harder the closer you get to goal, but then each pound makes a bigger difference in how you look too!

Makes me wonder what maintenance will be like ....

Jfran - you are looking fabulous!!!

Well I'm in the same boat. I had a fill (.25cc) last Monday which brings me up to 3.0cc. I had only lost 7.5 pounds in 3 months. That is entirely too slow although I know it is better than gaining. I usually workout @ Curves after work (5 days a week on average) and stay within my calorie range according to what doctor's office told me (1000-1100 cal per day). Usually my mind is so wound up from work that I can't put as much into it as it should most days. But I have no other time options. I even upped my Protein to at least 70g per day and no significant change in my weight although I am losing inches. It usually takes about a week for me to feel a difference when I get a fill. Hopefully something will kick in soon.

Hi - I was banded on May 5th and have lost steadily. :eek: However, the last two weeks I have not. Glad to hear this happens and can change. Hopefully quickly. Changing up my exercise (just started spinning agian and adding weight training!) and will try to change up the eating. Thanks for all of your feedback. It is always nice to know we are not alone. Thanks