Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well, Kat...not everything in Colorado is 'off season' in the summer. Many places that aren't ski resorts consider the summer as peak season. So a ski resort is best for the summer....but then they are hours away from Denver and CO Springs. I checked on a few in Woodland Park but they are only rentable by the week. There is one that is doable and is way cool, Colorado Bed and Breakfast Inn Lodging Pikes Peak Cascade CO but is $850 a night for the whole lodge....probably close to $100/night/person. Beautiful place, check it out.

I think a cruise is sounding better and better all the time. That way if DH's want to come there is stuff for them to do. I'll check on Galveston and New Orleans departures.

(((TracyinKS)))) What the hell, girlfriend?? What is his freakin' problem?? :)

TracyKS~What can we say/do for you? All I can say is good for you. Life is all about lessons. You be strong and do what is best for you and Robbie! We are all here for you, only a phone call away.

I don't care where we go. Not sure about SO's...remains to be seen. I am freakin excited!

xooxoxox

pam - what is SO's

question - when is the best time to visit Washington DC? I'm trying to plan a little family trip... Has anyone been when the lines aren't too bad and the prices are reasonable?

SO- Significant Others

I have gone to DC, I don't remember when we went, but make sure you allow plenty of time for the Smithsonian!! We only did 1 day and I think it would take a full week to go through it all.

SO = Significant Other

I am getting excited...can't wait for Judy's count down and all! Woofreakinhoo!

Where ever we pick, we need a blender, lol!

Yay violets!

<waving my hand @ Haydee>

Me! Me! I know about DC! Cuz that's basically where I live!! :)

The Fall is THE BEST time to visit DC... September or October would be my suggestions... because the weather is getting cooler (usually), & it's less crowded, the summer tourists are gone & the school trips haven't kicked in yet.

If you come to DC, we HAVE to get together!!! I can meet you ANYWHERE in the DC area!! Woot!!

Blender for sure!!

TracyKS---sounds to me as though he needs a massive Violet smack up side the head! Ironically, I have no doubt you can do it without him, but wonder seriously with his sons issues, if he could manage without you. Big hugs to you, and if you end up with "snoopers" on LBT like I have----yeah I know you read this---then just know at least YOU have a life, apparantly they do not!!!

If this is going to be super expensive this time around we definitely need to begin planning now!!! Think I will re-open my second savings account anyway. Lately any extra went into DH's savings for his shop we are having built the 22nd. But once it goes up-----then we have additional expenses, so it might be beneficial to me to start saving in my own account now!!

We have to keep in mind the added expense this time of flying, we have to pay to check bags, and ticket prices have went waaaay up.

Went to Target with my Mom, and we stopped in Applebees for lunch. I had a small salad, and it made me soooooo sick at my stomach! Or at least something did. It is taking serious concentration, not to lose it all! I don't hurt like you are talking about Laura, but my stomach feels like it is on a roller coaster in there.

A beach sounds nice....but depending on where it is and when---I am iffy!!! Phoenix in June is just plain miserable. Now at the resort Michelle linked it might be shaded enough to be tolerable, because it looked beautiful!!! I may be a wimp but when it exceeds 110 degrees, and might possibly cool to 85 at night, I am just plain grouchy!!! Abbey lived in Phoenix when she was in school, and I just flat out refused to go see her after Spring. We did it twice---twice I ended up burned to a crisp---and half sick from heat. I mean where I am we break a hundred regularly---but it is nothing like that last 10 degrees~~ I guess!

Maybe it would be different now with me not being so heavy too!!! Hadn't thought about that!!

I sure could use a nap, but doubt Kinsey is up for one yet!! I have to leave for Albq. in the morning about 4:30. It normally only takes me about 3 hours, but the last 30 minutes of our drive will jump to 1-1.5 hours because I am going into the main throughfare at 8 AM rush hour traffic. Laura, I am going to Presbyterian Hospital off of Central at 8 AM, coming in down I-25. So you know it will take twice as long.....I cannot get it through my Moms head to schedule his appointments with these things in mind. They schedule 6 months in advance she should be able to get a mid morning, so I am not fighting traffic!!! And we are taking Kinsey, so she will sleep most of the way, then doing some shopping, after the Dr. and heading home.

PAMELA!!! I just got a post card too!!! And it is I Love Lucy---and one of my all time favorite episodes!!! Vitameatavegimen!!!

Have you seen the boxed set of Lucy and Ethel Barbie style dolls of them in the candy factory---the dolls even look like they have their cheeks stuffed!!

My nieces all call me Aunt Lucy. To go of course with Uncle Ricky! My MIL is a TRUE Texan of her time. Most Mothers would have named him Rick and called him Ricky as a small boy....not her, his given name is Ricky. And he hates it!!! He goes by Rick---I call him Ricky on occasion to tease him. And Manda calls him that kinda. When she was in 5th grade she decided she wanted to be called Mandi----with an I -------she always said it that way....Mandi with an I. So he calls her "Mandi with an I" and when he does she pops right back by calling him Ricky with a Y. Good thing they love one another, they bicker all the time!

I was wondering about a June trip with your new side business Haydee! We definitely need to decide so you can block out the dates----if that is going to be ok with everyone.

Terry is your Mom settling in any better??

Glad the AC is working again Jane!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY~~~Mom be on the lookout, we sent a card.

Gonna go walk a bit see if my stomach feels any better.

BBL~~

Kat

If you come to DC, we HAVE to get together!!! I can meet you ANYWHERE in the DC area!! Woot!!

Sounds great Michelle! I'm gonna get together with my family and we're each gonna present an idea and a price range and then my dad picks where he takes us. I know, so democratic huh? But anyways, I've always wanted to go see the Smithsonian and I just hope they all go for it...

Kat - yep, we're already booking for next spring and summer. I already blocked out that weekend. If things change though, I'll figure something out. I wouldn't miss a chance to see my lovies...

Here's a link to the current issue of Girlfriend Getaways (I think it's a magazine)... I don't have time to research it right now as I'm literally out the door for soccer & poms, but maybe one of you has time??

Girlfriend Getaways

I think the lead story is on CRUISING!

there were some carnival cruises out of galveston and New Orleans, but they were in the $600's and the dates were strange. I will try to go where I was before and see if I can find the info

Jane

Thanks for Macys Happy Birthday wishes everyone!

Someone mentioned Destin FL earlier. OMG I love that place. I have not been in a long time but every year while I was growing up that was where my family took our vacation. I would love to go there.

So, how are we gonna decide if SO's are going? Flip a coin?

I in no way meant that SO's should not come, just saying mine probably will not. His siblings are trying to get us to join them in Vegas next month, and he refused. They also want us to go on a cruise to Hawaii with them next Spring, and he refused. Now I know his reason for not going.....but I also think he will feel like if he refused that he should not do this. But I might be able to talk him into it, but I will not push him. I am excited to go to see all of you, he knows no one but me!!! And he can see me free at home!!! LOL

Be back in a minute, gotta go look at something.

Kat