Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning my Gal Pals!!!

Yep it is still morning here---just after 10! I slept in, read the paper, and it was time for a Violet Fix!!

So Terry---what part of Colorado are you interested in? Something rural, or urban? I mean, there is always the Denver area---with lots to do.....and Colorado Springs is about the same distance there as our moving around in Texas was. Denver would be the biggest Airport to fly into.

There are lots of small places in Colorado as well.......places with natural hot springs, old steam engine narrow guage trains to ride....and most of them will have similar arts & crafts shows at different times through the year. I am sure there are websites we could look. I am close to the Durango area, but not "up" on anything much north of that!! We do hit a little mining town---Silverton or Ouray (you-ray) some----awesome mountains! Love to ride them! They have some absolutely freaky scary jeep trips into 14,000 foot mountain passes!!! Incredible thing to do! I am a chicken and I managed it!! LOL It is actually a large open jeep--on a hummer style---we had like 9 of us in one jeep and 7 in another following at a family reunion trip years ago. Hadn't thought about that in a long time!!

Tuesday I have to take my Dad to Albq. for a check up, and Wed. my son has hernia surgery---could be a wild week coming up!

Got my picture entered. Was getting lots of laughs and comments already. The background composition will likely knock it out of ribbon range....but I am not doing it to win a ribbon, I want to be able to tell Connor I put it in the county fair when he gets old enough to embarrass!!

Suzanne, I am so sorry you are dealing with the issues with your nephew. I know there is little else you can do, but at least he does now know that someone is going to be watching him closer. It is such an emotional thing----to have someone you love not only take something from you, but for it to be something that could cause him harm. Big hugs to you----I know the heartache we went through when our son went through a period of drug use. It thank heavens did not last long, nor did he get seriously--as in unable to help himself--addicted, but it was a nightmare just the same.

Michelle---glad you made some cash at your sale. Whenever we have a yard sale, I am always amazed at some of the people. I actually had people in pajamas---and not kids, dressing like they do now, actual pajamas and slippers!! Some REALLY wierd characters!!!

I agree (back to our next get together) on setting something up early--then if we need to or want to, we can do like Michelle did, and have a sale or something, start stashing funds for it. Plus get it marked off on our calendars early---before they get backed up.

Kinsey begins dance class this week----she is so excited!!! How much ya wanna bet she stands still and won't do a thing out of fear when it finally gets here??!! She will relax eventually! She does the Bella Dancerella thing (a dance video, with the ballet bar, etc) at home all the time, and actually follows it well!!!

Well I am going to go find something to eat.

Yesterday I had

an orange for breakfast

yogurt and granola later

then ate nothing until the BBQ

where I had several samples of pulled pork, and some pork loin, and a beef rib, about 1/4 of an ear of corn, a spoon of baked Beans, a sausage stuffed jalapeno.....and a spoon of peach cobbler!!!! I mostly ate a bite of this and a bite of that---I know it sounds like tons, but I really did not go crazy!!

I drank tons of Water, probably 8 bottles of water and a 44 ounce lemonade! And I walked a LOT and rode rides!!! Love that kind of exercise!!!

Kat

Morning Ladies!!

I never had to wear a Uniform, my brother did though (he was sent to a speshul school for bebe kids) and I gotta say I liked the look! I actually stole his sweater all the time lol.

BUT in public school, sometime when I was around 5th grade, they required us to tuck shirts in.. I have always had a huge belly, I would cry to my mom about it. Women's shirts aren't meant to be tucked in most of the time anyway--and back then they didn't have cute young plus size, I was wearing older women's clothing.. think spandex pants & shirts that come down long to hide the fact you're wearing spandex pants..lots of sequins lol.. ugh, just thinking about this makes me cringe.

Anyway, they would make me tuck in my shirt, and you can only imagine how hideous this looked. I was so mortified. Luckily by 8th grade we found girlfriends.com which was the first place we ever found plus size young girl styles (they were bought out by Alloy..which I still shop at). And then I moved districts for my first year of high school, so I got a fresh start with people who never saw me wearing the old women clothing.

We have family cook out today, I have been thinking about that crab salad since I made . I am still a food obsessed person, the band just keeps me from following through. After all this thought, I'll probably eat a couple bites and be done for hours... speakin' of which though, I feel 'Full' this morning, so I finally made myself PB a little, to see what the heck is sitting in there.. it's chicken I made last night. CHICKEN IS EVIL! And it had a weird medicine taste, I'm guessing from the Prilosec.

Thank you ladies for adding me to your Facebook, if any more of you have it, add me!! And YES Pam, that was YOUR hat.. when we were in Gruene lol.

And Judy, are you watching New York goes to Hollywood? I saw the first episode so far, it has intrigued me.. and it shows previews of her break up with Tailor Made on the show.. I read about it somewhere, and now I get to see it! Love drama, that's not my own :)

Good afternoon, Violets..

We're back from church. The picnic was inside since it's still cold and raining here. It was still nice. It was announced at church today that the Bobster will be leaving them as pastor as of Dec. 31. He's been there 5 years and has someone to take his place and he's done what he promised he would do so it's a good feeling. The lady that told me about lap band surgery was there. She looks soooooooooo good. She's lost 90 pounds and was banded a few weeks after me. I felt motivated again to be like her so we'll see how that works!

As for the Violets trip. June is a slight problem for me. I've been asked to be in Menopause, the Musical the end of June so that would mean rehearsals all of June. I don't have a definite committment from the director yet, and she doesn't even know if she can get the rights for the production yet. I'm going to email her and tell her about the Violets and the trip and see what she says. I don't want to put my life on hold waiting for her and then find out they couldn't get the rights to it.

I'll email right now and see if I can get an answer soon.

Going to go take a nap since it's perfect sleeping weather here today.

Laura... I saw part of one episode of New York goes to Hollywood. She is such a ditz!!! And I knew about her and Tailor Made breaking up. Did you know that one of the guys from the last season is going with Jennifur Hudson now? His name on the show was Punk. He's cute, muscular and a lawyer. Too smart actually, to be on that show. Course a rock is too smart to be on that show! :)

Its not so much the uniforms that bother me it is the tucking in part. I would have eaten a bullet if I had to wear clothes tucked in when I was in school! BUT, I know she is just 5 (as of tomorrow) and she will be fine with it as long as she doesn't hear me make an issue of it. I will just make sure she has the jumpers to wear. I bought lightweight denims (blue and black) and some tan twill. When they are done I will post pics. I am thinking of getting a sewing machine. My mom is a great seamstress. She used to sew for a living so I am SO glad that she is able to do this for me. I know if I applied myself I would be really good at it. You know, there really is a shortage of seamstresses around here. I could make some side money doing it. I think I will look into it.

Just sitting here watching coyote ugly. I will check back in later :)

Hey Girls, Just got back from meeting our friends for lunch. I had a house salad and they ended up bringing me an extra one. So I guess that will be for my dinner. I helped hubby eat his french fries and I had a roll. I'm stuffed now.

Thanks for the special words. Right now I'm just not sure how I feel. Yes I'm upset that he took the stuff butI think I'm more upset that he lied to me about it. I hate liars the most and it really hurts that I know that he lied to me. So far I haven't heard from him. I did promise that I wouldn't tell his mom about it but I had a long talk with his sister about it. I will continue to do what I need to to help him out. I just hope that he figures out for himself that he needs help. I will walk him thru it. He just needs to admit to himself that he needs help. His friend has been thru rehab 2 times so I might have a talk with him to see if he can talk to him. Where's my parents when I need them?

I'm open to anytime for the gt together. I just need to make sure that it is within driving distance to me. Also Hubby will be coming with me. We travel everywhere together. He'll stay at the hotel while we all do our stuff. I'll just make sure he has his gameboy and the laptop and he'll be fine. Oh and a coller of beer. I can take any one that wants to ride with us. We have a mini van and can take 5 more along. Whoever wants to fly into KC. Just check airfares. Might be cheaper to fly here and than drive with us.

I'm done with garage sales although I have a ton of stuff to put in one. It's just to much work. I agree that you meet all kinds of people. Some are adorable.

Can someone get me caught up on "Facebook"?

Have a great day.

Susie, I just sent you an invite to join Facebook. It was sent to your email. It is fun, and I have not figured anything out yet. I did put some pix on. I have to respect Susanne and not put any thing up about her. Anyway, hope you can figure it out!

I never got invites to facebook!!

I am open to a time to get together. I am the easiest one with a schedule here, so I can usually make anything work. But, if I meet a man in the meantime, things might be different!!! So basically I am the easiest person here to work with as far as time off. But would love to have something in the works to look forward to!!!!!! A cruise would be sooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something all inclusive would be great also!!!

I am hot!!!

Jane

I know ZIP about facebook!

Tracy---------shame on you!!!! You did not give us warning that Macy was having a birthday! Now her card will be late! Tell her the Violets are just s l o w!!!!

Just give my Dad a haircut so he could go to a church thing tonight----and look better he said!!! He is so funny!

Rick is home.....BBL

Kat

Tracyk... Land's End has great jeans & pants for girls w/elastic waists or the buttons in the waistband that can be adjusted... they sell them @ Sear's stores or you can get them online... the frequently have "no shipping" sales... they're great quality... they're still my fav for dd, even tho she prefers "cooler" pants...

Suzie... He may not be taking the drugs himself... he might be selling them to others... evidently that's a big biz right now w/teens... in fact, I read something recently about how if you're going to be having teens in your home, you should "secure" your prescription meds in a shoebox marked "Christmas" on a closet shelf... but that you should never leave them anywhere in the bathroom or displayed somewhere (like a kitchen table or basket)... isn't that too bad? Also, I'm curious why you wouldn't tell his mom?? I'd think she'd need to know. If it was me, I'd want to know. As much as you love him & want to help him, you may not be able to &/or you may not be able to do it alone. Good luck w/all this...

Re: facebook... sorry, count me out... I just am not motivated to join a new online community... I just don't have the time... I've got too much going on here in the real world, lol!

I'm in for a gathering whenever, wherever... obviously, once we start getting serious about a date/location, I'll have to see if I can make it, but you know I'll make it a priority to be there. I'm easy as far as location...

Ok.. just up from my nap and there was an email waiting for me. She's decided they'll work for Menopause in late July so June is a go for me!!! And I'm easy too. Anywhere is fine with me. Suzie.. how far are you willing to drive??

Terry.. we usually cruise out of Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Only once out of Miami and I said never again!! It's a total zoo there!!

Suzie - I, too, think it is your responsibility to tell his parents ....if for no other reason than so they can toss his room! (Did you say how old he is? I missed it if you did.) This is how the trouble with my son started and it turned out that the poor kid was self-medicating ...turns out he is bi-polar! I definitely think you need to tell his parents. If it were me I sure as heck would want to know! If they want to bury their heads in the sand and deny that it could be him that took the pills then at least you have done your job.

Thanks for the card, Pammy!! You're such a doll. MMmmmmmuah!

I got on here for a reason, now I can't think of what it was!!!

If i think of it I will post later on, otherwise have a good sleep!!

Got my A/C fixed this afternoon to the tune of $295! For that amount I feel like I should be more than cool!

Forgetful Jane