Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

One of the reasons I don't tell my sister about what happened is that she is the one with the brain damage and it would be to much for her to handle. Not only would she be distraught about him taking the stuff but also about it happened to me. I did talk to his sister and she is going to tell her dad. I don't speak to her ex but am willing to over this. I suggested to the sister that her and her dad and other brother get together and confront him about his drug usage. I'm gonna stay on top of this and not let him think he's getting away with something. It's just very upsetting to all of us.

I'm still up for the trip to Tunica and would even make the trip to Denver. But you guys all pick what you want to and I will figure something out.

Long week ahead of me so I'll check in when I can.

Night all.

Hey All~

What an afternoon/evening! My friends Steph and Bob (the pool we've been babysitting) are home from Sturgis. I think I told ya'll Susanne painted their living room, hall way and office! Anyhoo, we were in our pj's at 1pm today. I was working on diss and S was working in our office. They called an invited to take us to Las Casuelas (great Mex place downtown). We agreed (plus there was nothing in the kitchen 'cept leftovers). Well, Steph, Susanne and I split a nachos and Sus and I had 1 and 1/2 LARGE margies...each! We had a mean buzz on...it was fun!

Then Bob invited us over for spaghetti...the kicker..."do you want to make it?" I love to cook, so I said yes! We went to the store and got the goodies. Bob's 3 grown kids were coming into town so it was spaghetti for 7! So, I made kick ass sauce, salad and garlic toast! Everyone loved it!

Ready for the best part...I ONLY ATE THE SALAD! I was full from the nachos and the margies! We of course had more margies too. So I had plenty of calories w/ the drinkie poos, but no spaghetti!

We just got home...it was fun, but a long day!

Nite All!

xoxoxoxoxoox

Wanted to stop in and say goodnight to everyone.

We went on a long ride---up into the mountains, it was so pretty---we got started, then decided to make a run up to a local reservoir, to a unique little restaurant we go to once or twice a summer usually. It had these bizarre trophy rooms, had animals from our area, but also Water buffalo, and lions----and then in the main part they had prehistoric relics found in our region, and every inch of wall was covered in autographed photo's. In the women's restroom when you went in you thought someone was there, it always startled me, and it was a life size Marilyn Monroe thing that when the bathroom door opened it started the air that blew up her skirt! There was a buffalo out back ---live----just wierd things everywhere you went...and Chana and Jason the couple we were riding with had never been, so off we went, it is like 70 miles into Colorado. We get there, and it is closed down, you can see in the windows, it is GONE! The general store said they never opened this year. Made me so sad!!

A few years ago there were terrible wild fires in the area, burned hundreds of homes, and was down to the other side of the highway where the restaurant is---which sits right off the water. The electricity of course was gone, and the owner of the restaurant, gathered all the grills he could find, and began cooking everything in the restaurants freezers, feeding firemen. He also went around to all the neighbors who had evacuated, and took their livestock down to the lake and tied them up out in the water to his marina. There are burned stumps in all directions, but his place survived, as did all the animals he rescued. Now his restaurant is gone, and the general store people were rude and hateful about us asking-----makes me wonder what happened!

I have no idea what all could be done in Denver, I am sure there is lots, but we have the issue of no one being in the area, for transportation etc.

The extra travel days on top of the trip might be an issue with me next summer as well, I'll just have to see. I will do whatever I can to be there tho, that is a given!

I mentioned the trip to Rick, and he just kind of looked at me, like I had grown a second head or something!! He is used to me mentioning all of you like you live next door----but I don't think he ever expected to be part of a trip! He said he has 5 weeks paid vacation, and a week of bought flex time, so if I can work out all we need to do with that and manage it, he guessed he could do it. Point being, I don't think he is like frothing at the bit to go on our outing!! Although I talked so much about our Gruene trip, and San Antonio----I think he wants to do that! LOL go figure men out!! So whatever our plans, if DH's go----I wouldn't count on all of them, mine might not be there. I mean I know if I seriously wanted him there, he would do it no questions ask---but since I only want him there for this and not that, I think he is ambivalent about it.

We have never vacationed separately before I told him---his response was this isn't really a vacation, it is me seeing my friends for a weekend! Now 'splain that one!!!

I guess I better get to bed, Kinsey will be here early, and I have a busy few days ahead.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.......nighty night!

Kat

Kat~ I am not sure if Susanne can go or wants to go. She is a Violet lite (being a girl and all she qualifies). But w/ her getting a new job sometime in the new year, I am not sure if she will be able. I will leave that up in that air for now and just see where we go. I am all in for Gruene again. I have no idea how far that is for Susie!

OK...gonna watch Army Wives!

Nite all...for real this time, lol!

Good morning violets~

I think Pamela said that the 3rd week in June is good for her and Judy 2nd the motion. All those in favor...say "I"

:thumbup: I (or is it aye?)

(then the details of where can be hammered out...at least we'll have the date set, right?)

Oh yes...today IS Macys b-day! 5 years old today :thumbup:

Pamela-thank you forher e-card....she laughed and had the best time with it. Congrats on being the first ever to send her an e-card!!!

:lol::musical_note:Happy Birthday to You

:musical_note:Happy Birthday to You

:musical_note:Happy Birthday Dear Macy

:musical_note:Happy Birthday to You

And Many More........:thumbup:

:thumbup:

I can do any time in June EXCEPT for the week of the 21st. That's our 40th anniversary and my birthday after that on the 24th, (right, Suzie??) and the Bobster has issued an ultimatum. NO being away for those two occasions. So the week of the 14th would be fine for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MACY!!!!!

How about Arizona?? A nice resort & spa in Pheonix or Sedona??

Now THAT sounds relaxing! :thumbup:

What about like 26th-29th ISH of June everyone? Lets hear it....or the week before like Judy said? Like maybe 13-15th???

Morning Violets~

I just checked the calendar and the last day of school is the 15th of June! It is on a Monday...but anyday after that I am FREE! How sad, it has not even started and I am counting the days, lol. This year, Manuel is LONG FREAKIN GONE to the high school...and I am gonna pick my attitude! And it is gonna be a good one,:thumbup:. Especially w/ a Violet trip planned for after. But WE NEED ALL THE VIOLETS TO GO. That is why we are talking early...mark your calendars off, etc. NO EXCEPTIONS. (Bossy, I know)

I am glad Macy like her bday card. It is pretty cute and I like how you could dress Polly Pocket w/ all the outfits! 5 is a big deal!

Well, Sus has her appointment AGAIN today. Hopefully we wont get a call again. She needs this done and then will head out to Phoenix.

Speaking of Phoenix, that would be great...always wanted to do Sedona. Or Colorado sounds sooo good too!

I am not gonna say it too loud cause I don't want to jinx it...but I like this fill. ssshhhhhh It was funny, when we were at the store, I knew I wasn't gonna eat any spaghetti. I didn't tell anyone. I just casually grabbed the salad bowl and not a plate! I am still proud of myself. (I make really good sauce)

OK...gotta run!

Have a great day ladies!

What about like 26th-29th ISH of June everyone? Lets hear it....or the week before like Judy said? Like maybe 13-15th???

12-15 or 26-29... Either one of those will work for me.

Ok.. looks like the 26 - 29 works better for PamELa.. Does that work for everyone else?? If we narrow the date down, then we can start looking at where and how.

2nd half of June works for me the best. The kids and I take our annual vacation to the hill country to meet with other families the 1st weekend in June and we can't miss that.

The only objection I have about Phoenix or Sedona is that spas are expensive, aren't they? I know when I went to one (once!) in Austin, the weekend ended up costing me like $600 and I only got a massage and an exfoliation. I just wasn't all that impressed. The UPside is that Phoenix is a pretty good travel hub. My hubby wouldn't come unless we did a cruise.

Seems like we're all in agreement (?) that the best part of last years' trip was just sitting on the patio in our pajamas and gabbing....am I right? Although Gruene Hall was a hoot, too. So that's why I mentioned a lake house or beach house type activity....or LACK of activity...where we can get some serious patio time.

I've traveled around Colorado quite a bit and the closest neat-o town to a 'hub' is Woodland Park....maybe 40 mins outside of Colorado Springs. Dang, I wish we could afford the Broadmoor...that place is incredible!!! When I win the lottery, I'll treat you all!

Just for grins, can ya'll check to see what kind of travel nightmare it would be for each of you to get to Colorado Springs...say by 2:00?