Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Finished my last final.. I'm done with college---forEVER.. or until I decide I want another degree.. I like the wallpaper! What is it called for people who like to do bad things to themselves?

That essay I had to write in 2 hours, I got a 94% on. I was.. shocked.

I am waiting up for Russell to get home from getting our dog.. but man I am tired. I think I'm going to go upload the (very) few pictures I took on my digital camera to show ya'll.. the camera kept fogging up so most pics were taken with a disposable waterproof one which I haven't turned in yet.

Hey Violets~

Piehole Report:

B: 1/3 of Cal. scramble (see earlier post)

L: 1/2 (a bit less) bag of popcorn

S: string cheese 1 cracker 1 piece of low fat salami

D: salad w/ homemade dressing and about 4oz of pot roast (leftovers)

Gonna have ice cream later too!

Off for a bit!

xoxoxoxooxox

Here's some pics...

These were neat, they took coconuts right off the tree, whack them twice with a big machete and put a straw in it..

coconutdrink.jpg

This is the wonderful swim-up bar..

swimbar.jpg

Fire breathing show..

firebreather.jpg

Russell and I in front of a palm.. the man won't smile for nothing in pics, grr!!

larusspalmtree.jpg

They took dead palm trees all over the resort and carved them into these neat Bob Marley statues..

marley.jpg

This was the view from our patio (after a storm) ourviewe.jpg

Laura~ I loved the pix and your blog. I LOL'd a lot and loved reading about ya'll getting schnockered! Can't wait to see pix...well, not DH naked on the bathroom floor. I so want to go to Jamaica. Susanne has NO DESIRE so I am sure it will be a while.

Congrats on 218! You looked amazing in the pix w/ dh!

xooxoxoxo

Hi All! Welcome home, Laura!!

Before I head over to Laura's blog, just wanted to say Hi and G'night! First time I even got to check in today. Work is just so freakin' busy it's starting to freak me out!!! :) I'm arranging a geological field trip for 28 people from all around the country going to Grand Junction, CO and Moab, Utah! It took me about 1.5 hours to figure out how to get folks from Charleston, WV to Grand Junction and home again. Other groups coming from Calgary, Houston, Casper, and Denver. (See, the Violet trip was right up my alley!) Gotta go in on my day OFF (?) tomorrow to figure out the other groups and get emails out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

After that went to the "holiday extravaganza' at the hotel where we're having our Xmas party, which I am in charge of. New place this year...OMG...panic city!!! The food samples tonight were NOT good at all. And the prices were absolutely ridiculous. I'm thinking of pulling the plug on this place and starting over again. SHIT!!

So.......anyway......... sorry I haven't been around. But, boy am I cranky! Need a Violet fix in the worst way....preferably sitting on a big deck of a big ol' house in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.

I'm falling asleep typing. I gotta go hit the hay,girls.

Love you all!

Nitey night!

Congrats Laura on finishing!!! That must be such a good feeling!!

It is official, I am an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 4 days of doing the wii I could never figure out why my scores were so low. There is this one step thing, and I swear I was doing everything right, and was getting almost all wrong. I couldn't figure it out. I would do the step thing a couple of times a day because the 'next' time I would do it right. Well tonight I finally figured out I had it upside down. So when I was doing my left foot it thought it was my right etc....DUH!!!!!!!!! I keep thinking someone is going to knock on my door with the idiot of the day award!!

LOL Jane~

Don't worry, your secret is safe w/ us. If you can't be an idiot in front of (or confess to) your violets, who can you be an idiot in front of. It is not like you are telling the world or posting it on the internet or anything! I am proud of you for figuring it out!!! Hell, the fact that you put it together in the first place is awesome.

How happy are you (we) that stupid dumb ass Jessie is GONE!!!! See ya sucker. He just brought out the worst in me. I could make truckers blush w/ the language that m#$%^&*&^%er makes me yell! There are plenty of people who suck (libra)...but I am so glad that cocky ass is gone. Did ya'll see that one person from each of the other seasons is coming to do something or other on Sunday???? Something like that!

OK...good night for real!

xoxoxoxo

I am the first one to post this morning????

I watched bb last night and was very happy with the outcome.

I am off to work, have a great day!!

Good Morning, I'm so excited. The Olympics are finally here. Can't wait to start watching them tonight on TV.

I was gone all day yesterday. Lot's of running around but oe thing I did do was go over to the State next to us to visit a cousin and her new baby. She also has a new house and OMG. It is exquisite. Humongeous. All I could keep thinking to myself was "I hope she has a cleaning crew". We had a great time and her baby is adorable.

Today I have my morning shift and than I'm going to stop by and pick up my Sis to bring her over to swim for awhile. It's supposed to get up to 86 today so that will be a nice little swim for us.

Laura, So glad your home but after seiing that pic of you in the dress, I can see why that couple want you guys to swing. Yumma Yumma.

Everyone have a great day and talk to you later today.

LOL Jane, that sounds like something I would do totally!!!

Terry----Junction or Moab are both doable for me, you gonna go with the group? I can arrange a quick road trip!!! Right to the Rockies!!

Actually headed that way 2 times in the next month or so----once to Denver, and once to Pueblo (I'd rather be beaten than go there usually!!! HATE that town!)

I am up and showered, now need to get ready to go to my PS appointment! I am not missing this one. I had hoped to get a good nights sleep and have my swelling down for my after shots----it was not to be. I had 3 hours sleep.

Last night as we headed in from yet another rained out Series game, we got a phone call from one of Rick's friends---------who works in another dept. but used to work for Rick prior to his advancement. About 5 weeks ago he had a daughter killed in a car wreck. He went out with the guys after work, and one of them was supposed to be the DD--well I guess he had knocked back the best part of a pint of Peppermint Schnapps he had hidden in the car---none of them were aware of it, until he got stopped on the way home---and they ALL went to jail!

2 of them are current shop employees----3 of them hold (or held) CDL's----and the one who Rick considered more a friend than an employee anymore, had noone to bail him out. So we were up and at the jail until 1:30 AM---then had to take him home. He is totally despondant, Rick is worried, he is too depressed. It was a sad situation. And ironically the bail bondsman told us, the 3 guys who were taken in for riding with an intoxicated driver---2 of them, including Rick's friend Steve, had a much lower Alcohol content than the Designated Driver---ass that he is! Legal limit is .08-----Steve and another guy each blew a .09, and the other a 1.25---while the driver blew a 1.57. The guy riding up front with him said he smelled peppermint, but the DD was chewing gum, and he didn't think anything of it----and they were stopped 4 blocks from the bar, so there was not much time for anyone to become aware of it. It was a simple $1000.00 bail---so they bonded him out on a hundred bucks, it was just annoying and time consuming,and not something we wanted mixed up in. But since he has employees possibly losing CDL's he needed to know.

So here I am this morning, tired, and swollen. Dammit! Oh Well----regardelss how swollen I feel, the B&A is going to be so incredibly shocking! I am excited.

I also need to ask, I have stitches popping out all along my scar line----7 can be felt above the skin now. I want to go swimming, but he said not with open wounds----are these considered part of a wound??? Gonna find out soon!!!

Well I gotta get going or I'll miss it again!!!

Y'all take care

Going to lunch with Sofi----will be in later today.

Kat

Morning Violets~

WOW Kat, I never knew you could go to jail for RIDING w/ a drunk driver. All I can say is There But for the Grace of God go I...it could happen to anyone! Hopefully you can get a nap after your lunch!

Slept in til 7. When I woke up, the laundry drawer was empty, and Susanne had done 3 loads of laundry!!! I love having a wife! She has an appointment to get her toes REDONE...since the first guy messed 'em up so bad. So after the appointment, she will be on the couch and I will be working on my diss!

On Sunday or Monday, she is going to go back to Phoenix for a month or so. Her mom hurt her back and has tons of tests, etc. Since she has all this time off...and will probably not look for a job until after the first of the year...she is gonna enjoy her retirement. I go back to work the following week (trainings for new math adoption) so she might as well go to moms. I will miss her soooo much...we've had such a great summer! But, we are used to being apart and we are solid. Plus the next few weeks will fly by for me w/ starting school again.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was soooo good! All the Violets will enjoy it...go w/ mom, sis, friend. It was sweet, smart, well done, great for ALL ages. That is my 2 cents:wink:~

Terri~Everytime I hear about the opening ceremonies I think about your new HD TV. I've been meaning to ask how you like it. That is assuming you've had time to watch TV. Perhaps this is a better question for DH, lol!

OK...quick game of scrab before I have to leave!

BBL

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Happy 08/08/08! :)

Yep, Olympics tonight... ds is insisting that we have Chinese food for dinner while watching the opening ceremonies... I bet lots of folks will be doing that tonight! Ha! A run on egg rolls!!

Last day to prep for the yard sale tomorrow... am not going to "clean" in the basement, but do have to go down & pull out a few more items & then organize it all & pack up the car... the sale starts @ 7am & we can get there starting @ 6am, so I'll have to be all ready to go tonight.

Make it a good one, Vi's!

Oh Pamela, the HDTV is just incredible! One reason we got it when we did was so we could watch the olympics in all its glory. I can't wait! The shots of China should be incredible. That country has always intrigued me. How do I get a wife like yours?? A nice, energetic, uber-organized wife? That is like the polar-freakin'-opposite of my DH. OMG.

Kat - Although I'd like to go on the field trip, I don't think I will be. Anything that goes wrong I can fix from here, so there's really no need. HA! I go to my PS today also for B&A pics and a follow up. I hope you're going to ask yours to email the photos to you so we can post them!!??

8/8/08. 8's my UNlucky number!! I should just stay home today! I have the day off but have to go in for a little while this afternoon :)

Speaking of weird dates....My son is going to be 18 on 8/18/08.

Janie that is so funny about the wiifit! That is totally something I would do, but I'd never figure it out and decide either the thing is broken or I'm waaay out of shape!

Poor Pam, I don't know how you guys do those long seperations :)

I have some fun news, Russell isn't opposed to me getting a Tummy Tuck after we have kids! I had mentioned it before and he kind of shrugged it off, but I brought it up a few times in the past month.. my belly is so gross, it's that big flap I gotta tuck in my pants.. I said I'd like to get a tummy tuck.. he said "You should wait till you've finished losing".. and I said "That, and till after I have kids" and he just nodded and said "If it's something you want to do, but you look fine". How sweet.. but all I heard was "Yes you can have a tummy tuck!". WOOHOO.