Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey All~

Glad you got the card Judy! We just got back from Swing Vote...really cute. Kat, have you seen it yet? Was it filmed in NM? Is there really a Texico, NM? You will like it!

Laura~ I've never heard of chocolate Lasagne...but it sounds great! Choc and carbs, right up my alley! I love imitation crab salad, I've made it a lot this summer.

Sooo quiet around here.

xoxoxoox

Hi everyone-

I'm back....you all did not even know I was gone though...lol

Laura-congrats on the 215. Way to go young lady :lol:

Have a super duper evening everyone!

Well, I wondered why you hadn't posted this morning, Tracy. It's so dang quiet on the weekends in here.

Got my chocolate mousse made for the picnic tomorrow. It's dang cold here.. 55 degrees and rain, rain, rain today.

I'm going to go watch some tv, read some tabloids and then head to bed. Everyone have a good night. sleep well.

I came home tonight and in my mailbox was a postcard from Pam!!! I was sooo hapy! Then I opened the door to my THIRD floor unit and bam! No air conditioning!!!! Have a call in to the air conditioner guy so he should be calling me back. Too hot to do wii, but do love it!!

See you later!!

Jane

Yes Pamela there really is a Texico-----If you look on a map, find Lubbock, TX---then find Clovis, NM----and look right on the border! It is not much, a small place---blink and you miss it--

but it is there!

We had a great time at the BBQ cook off, food was plentiful, and yummy, and saw lots of people we know. Took Connor to the carnival! Manda had her company picnic today as well, so she went there, and Jason went to the cook off, but Kinsey chose to go with her Mama. I am getting bad feelings about Jason.....gonna keep them to myself as far as Manda goes right now, but told Rick, and now you guys.

Connor had an absolute blast! It is the first time he has been tall enough even to ride with an adult. So I took him on all the kiddie rides, and my DIL and I rode a few things til she got sick. I fit in all of them----even in the kiddie rides with Connor. At one point it almost reduced me to tears.

We were on these little airplanes that go up and down, and there were these little girls in front of us, about 7 years old. They were all into the screaming on the rides, so they would scream when it went up and throw their hands in the air. He thought that a wonderful idea, so everything we went on he did it---including the carousel!! He was such fun, I totally enjoyed it!

Rick's siblings are leaving tomorrow! His brother did some light fixture updating today that did make a huge improvement. And he built a brace so he could put in the microwave hood range---which looks great as well. The cabinets still look like crap, but to late to fix that!

I think tomorrow I am going to be lazy!!!!

I am totally looking forward to it! I will check in with all of you then----hugs!

Kat

Good morning, Violets..

I got a good night's sleep last night so I'm up early today. I've already let the garage dog out to do her business and I've weighed in on wiifit. Still haven't lost a pound. I'm getting frustrated here, but am NOT giving up!!

We're going to the Bobster's church today. They're having a picnic afterwards. There is another bandster there so we'll be keeping an eye on each other, I'm sure!

Nothing planned for this afternoon. It's cold and rainy here right now. If it warms up I hope to get in the backyard and plant some mums I got yesterday. Walmart got some nice, full ones in yesterday. Doesn't seem possible that it's almost fall already. Where the heck did the summer go??

OH!! on the Bobby Flay throw down on food network yesterday they did puffy tacos.. in San Antonio!!! I kept saying to Bob.. I've been there.. I saw that.. I rode that boat. It was soooooooooo kewl!!

Can't wait to see what we plan for next year! Just hope I've lost a couple of pounds by then.. sheeeeeeeesh!!

Gotta go jump in the shower and get ready for church. Everyone have a great day!!

Good morning everyone-

The house is quiet as a mouse. DH is at work and Macy is at moms and I am sitting here in utter silence feeling a little lost. But never fear, I can handle it :crying:.

Yesterday I went to hobby lobby and bought some material for mom to make dd some jumper dresses for school. I almost did #2 when I saw how much I spent!! :) But it is really good fabric and I know it will be worth it. The school district we are in calls for the kids to wear only certain color pants (or jeans) and solid shirts with a collar (polo style). This is the part that kills me...they have to tuck their shirts in. OMG I am lucky to get macy to wipe good and now she has to tuck in her shirt?:ohmy: Or she can wear jumper dresses with the shirt underneath. Well, since my babygirl was blessed with the fat gene from me and her dad, she has a tummy so it is hard to find clothes for her much less ones that have to be tucked in. So, since I would have to get her clothes altered anyway, mom is just gonna make them and be done with it. I wish I could find her some jeans but that is going to be nearly impossible. Once they start wearing 'girls' instead of 'toddler' it is hard to find pants that have elastic waists so.....whats a mom to do? When we do use up our lease and move closer to dh job, I am going to look into school districts that are good academically AND are not anal about what they wear.

I think I will take advantage of this quiet time and watch a girlie movie or read.

Have a great day everyone!

Judy-you are doing SO great! Reading your posts gives me renewed hope every day!

G'morning everyone! Well, I trust Michelle was so pooped from her day she wasn't able to even check in. I hope she had lots of sales! Michelle - I have an idea what you can do with the $$ -- save it for our next Violet trip!

Speaking of which, how about a beach cabin for our next trip! Doesn't that sound fun? I'm certainly familiar with Texas beaches but Galveston is kinda nasty....the silt from the Mississippi River drifts over this way and the Water is pretty murky. During May you have the added bonus of jellyfish mating season. Yum. Farther south is Corpus Christi, Port Aransas and then all the way to the tip of Texas is beautiful S. Padre Island. They're all nice, but harder to get to. OH!!! Maybe we should all just go to Cancun!! Or Florida? I've never been to Destin....have any of you? What about east coast beaches? I haven't a clue about the east. Always wanted to go to Colonial Williamsburg, too. It's time we started throwing out some ideas, eh? Gruene will always be here for you, of course! And my beloved Colorado. Ahhhh. You can sure get some nice big houses for pretty darn cheap during May, being the off season. I am always game for Colorado. Has anyone researched cruises? Carnival is the only line leaving from Galveston that time of year and I've heard to stay away from Carnival cruises, so that's where my research ended. What other port makes sense for us? Judy, you usually sail from Miami, or where? Maybe NYC? Good airline hub for everyone. Yeah, you can tell I'm dreaming today....

We went to a friend's for dinner last night ....the ones who own two condos in Steamboat (!). The other couple there announced their engagement (very exciting news) and are also planning a trip to Pagosa Springs and Lake City, CO...I am so freaking jealous.

I finished your silver Bracelet yesterday, Pammy...and your earrings, Jane. They'll be in the mail tomorrow!

Today all I have to do is visit Mom at some point and the rest of the day is my own. Yippeeee!! I have Monday and Tuesday off as well as vacation days. $10 to anyone who can guess what I'll be doing!

XOXOX!

Miss you guys!!!!!

Tracy - the uniforms really are a blessing! I wish my kids had to wear them!!! Oh the struggles with what to wear are all gone!! And especially as they get older and the 'labels' become so important....it's ridiculous! I had to wear uniforms up until 8th grade and my mom had the same problem you're having...she had to alter the uniforms like crazy to make them fit me but fortunately was an expert seamstress. It is ridiculous how much fabric costs, isn't it? Cheaper just to buy the dang clothes (when you can)!

Good Morning,

I had to wear uniforms when I went to school and let me tell you, other than having to make sure I had a clean white shirt to wear it was a blessing. I always knew what I was wearing the next day. Just had to make sure everything was clean and crisp.

The other day I had stopped and picked up my sister to come over to go swimming. While she was here her youngest son showed up and swam with us for about an hour. He than came in the house to change his clothes. Hewas in the house for about 15 minutes by himself. So we swam for anbout another hour and than we all came in and changed our clothes and I took my sis home. Later in the evening I went to the kitchen to take my evening meds and noticed that there was a bottle missing. I also noticed that the bottles in the basket were kind of sitting different than the last time I had used them. Yep, there definately was a bottle missing nd it happened to be my bottle of vicodin. So I asked my hubby if he had seen it and than I called my sister that lives with us and neither her or her husband had seen it. They haven't even been home for 2 days. ( a whole nother story.) All roads where leading to he fact that my nephew had taken it. So my sisters husband comes home to pick up a few things and lo and behold 10 pills are missing from her bottle of valuim. I can't begin to tell you how upset I have been over all of his. I confronted my nephew and of course he denies all of it. But he was the only one in the house by himself and no one else was here. I'm still trying to deal with this in my head. I'm just sick about the whole thing. Just sick about it.

We are off today to go have lunch with some friends at the "Texas Roadhouse". So Looking forward to see tham and enjoying their company. Just hope I don't make a pig of myself.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's been a little cool here nad we have had a little rain. So no swimming for me tha last few days. Hopefully this week I can get some time in the pool.

I'll check in later this evening. Hugs to you all.

Morning violets~

I see many of you accepted my Facebook invite...thanks. I am new and still very awkward there, but I've connected w/ many people!

As for the trip...I have to state my "issues" early. May is doable, but very tough for me. Last year, the 2 days I took (cause I had exceeded my sick days) cost me an additional600 bucks, on top of the 1000 bucks for the air and room, etc. I hurt my back and had used 'em up. So like east coast trips where I need a full travel day both ways is tough. Now, 3rd week of June...I am WIDE open and can travel for free (w/o spending my "days"). I am very flexible then, can do and go anywhere. If we do May, I vote for central of the country...Colorado is central westish. I hate to be a PITA, but wanted to lay it out there as we start planning. I miss my violets and think of ya'll often!

OK...need coffee and gonna go play on facebook and then some scrabble!

BBL

xoxoxoox

Susie~ First, know that his behavior is not personal. I don't think he was trying to "hurt Aunt Susie"... His bad wolf yelled louder than his nice wolf (ref: Shrink Yourself). I am sorry that happened. Also, there is a lesson here about trust and medication. Say some prayers for your nephew, try not to be angry, and forgive the behavior.

xoxooxox

PS~I wore uniforms until 8th grade! I agree...it really is a blessing. Also, it is wonderful for social issues amoung students (haves and have nots). I wore the jumper and I ALWAYS had a tummy:rolleyes:.

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Wow am I ever tired! I went to bed around 12:30am on Fri & woke up @ 5a on Sat! Did the yard sale... it was... interesting, I'd say. I vacillated between "I want to make some $$" and "I want to get rid of this stuff"... ha ha! I made about $225 and got rid of about 1/2 the stuff I took. Then I gave my sis 3 boxes of clothes for her church's thrift shop... so came home w/only a few boxes, which I think I'll put up on e-bay to see if there are any takers... and if not, then by that point you'd think that maybe I'll get the hint that, although I think these items are wonderful, no one else does (at least not enough to buy them, ha!) and I'll donate them somewhere.

Lots of interesting folks @ the yard sale... and thankfully it was a gorgeous day. So all in all, a good day, but I was soooooo tired that I didn't go to the soccer party, but came home, took a bubble bath, & crashed. Then this a.m. I woke up to TOM! Lovely.

Just had an upsetting phone call. My ds watched a neighbor's pets this week while there were on vacation... he's done it for them & others before... and they came home yesterday & the dad called and said that ds didn't do a good job... gave several legit examples... I am stunned and very upset. So had a talk w/ds about it... he is surprised, too... thought he did ok... (when he was younger, I'd go w/him when he watched pets, to help him & teach him, but I haven't done that for his last few pet-sitting jobs, I thought he was old enough to do it on his own... I did ask him frequently if everything there was ok, if he needed any help, or I'd say, "Did you scoop the cat's poop today?" stuff like that, so it's not like he didn't have the opportunity to say, "can you come & check out such & cush...")... so I had to go into "parenting" mode about working for people, whether it's a part-time kid job or a full-time job to support a family, and how it's not what YOU think you did but what the BOSS thinks... & that's why dh & I go "above & beyond" in all that we do... and what he should say to the neighbor when he goes up in a bit to return the key... ugh... I reminded ds that we learn more from failures than successes and that I hope, rather than just feeling badly from this, that he learns something that can help him do better in the future... blah blah blah all that kind of stuff... but I still feel like crap, too! I hate this feeling!!! Letting someone down... ugh...

Michelle~ You were so great in that situation...can you be my mom too! What great things you said. Lots of lessons from this experience!

I am glad you made some $$ and purged crapola. I want to know what you mean when you say, "interesting people" at the sale, lol. I can just imagine!

That's the thing w/being a mom... you never know when you'll be thrown into hardcore "parenting" mode... and it can take you for a loop! I still feel so rotten... I hate this feeling!!! & I know that only time can make it go away... poor dude... :)