Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Would somebody please email the latest address list?....I don't have access to my old computer and the list is filed on it. :whatchutalkingabout

Hi gals, I am home. What a day! I am totally exhausted. Kinsey did not go to sleep last night....until who knows when. Finally after midnight I put her in bed with us, and the little imp was laying there wide awake, happy, but awake for forever! Then she is a cuddler, she is a velcro kid, you have to peel her off, and when you get one section peeled off, another has re-latched on! I am used to sleeping nekkid, and cuddling is fine, but when it is time to sleep, I want my space!!!! So I was in a gown, which is too wierd, and she is plastered against me so if I try to move, I can't---and she is like a miniature furnace!!! I last looked at the clock at 1:42 AM---and the alarm went off at 4 AM! I had serious doubts about staying awake and driving!! Daybreak is usually the worst for me, but today it was coming home!

But Dad got good reports, we go back in 6 months, and if he still checks out well---then we drop to yearly check ups. He was thrilled with Dads weight loss, he is back down to 210, and he is 6'4"---used to be taller til they fused his back!! So it was a good trip. We staggered in the door, and I told Kinsey she could watch cartoons on Granny's bedroom TV, I needed a nap----but the phone rang a dozen times, and then Manda showed up, then my brother showed up....so I said to heck with it, and I am up and waiting for Rick to get off so he can take me to dinner, I am too tired to cook!

TracyK---I think I deserve the chastising, I know you were early on board......I am bad, I am old and forgetful.....and I am sorry. If you must beat me over it---use my Grandma's old stand by----a wet noodle! Who the hell knows what come over me??? I am a blonde at root level I guess!!!

TracyKS---do what you need to do for you. I don't want to see you roll over and play dead, and jump through hoops and all that, nor do I want to see you throw away what you wanted----so take things a step at a time, and be fair to both of you---but first and foremost, protect you and Robbie, and that means physically as well as emotionally. We are all here, and will be---many of us having been there before, and some going through similar emotions as you are now. Love and Hugs to you as you muddle through it all!

The server hosting my email with msn is down.....aaarrrggghhh!!!

Well I left suddenly yesterday to check a name that I believe to be one of my LBT stalkers. Pissed me off! Still does, but also makes me laugh. I do not change the things I say. I cannot imagine taking the time that you could have developing your own support system and using it to read about someone elses instead--what a sad excuse for a life! I think the worst part is I invited them in the beginning, and for over a year, I mentioned it to them, but they pooh-poohed the whole thing, and now they follow me around and read what I say. Like I have such interesting things to say!! Besides you all know when I want to share the good stuff, I have your email!!!!! LOL!!

I could do the TX thing again if we chose that. If you want to look further into something in Colorado, we can do that too---I am easy---just ask Rick!!!

Sorry 'bout the smashed boobies Pamela. Mine is in October! It used to be in August too, I did it for my birthday (yeah right!!! yuck!) but then when the cancer thing happen, and my follow ups come bi annually for 3 years before dropping to annually---and they ended up in October, so that is when I go, although my first all clear come in September, I will hit my 5 year mark next year.....refuse to use the "C" word until it is 5 years!!!

Rick said his secretary caused all kinds of ruckus at work today---guess I will hear all about it in a few minutes, he is on his way home. He is off the next several days. Son has surgery at 8 AM tomorrow, and who knows what the next several days have in store, so expect me when ya see me!!!

I will check in often---for now, I am going to go relax a bit.

Huuuuggggsss!

Kat

Terry---if you don't get it, I do have it, and will send it as soon as my server is up again, I tried and it is still unavailable--------AAAAGH

LOL

Kat

Hey V's! Pam, I read that somewhere (someone on LBT posted it somewhere at somepoint?!) and I reflected on it, and I don't feel like it applies to me. Or if it does I am in complete denial. I sabotage myself all the time, and I can't help it.. especially when I'm doing good. But I would friggin LOVE to be at goal weight. I just want to eat too.. I feel like my issue is, I just love food. But maybe on some level I am hiding feelings, who knows.. but I'm way off from figuring that out because as far as I know I just like to eat.

Book it Judy, make it official!!! :whatchutalkingabout

Well, we had a problem with our rooms in Tunica this weekend, they are booked on suites (and we get suites so my sister can hang out). So it became this big drama, my dad goes "Let me throw out a radical suggestion.. lets just go to Vegas for the weekend!"

Now, as much as I love Vegas, all I hear is "FLY! CRASH AND BURN!" luckily, mom talked him out of it. We're still rethinking Tunica, or we'll go next weekend. They're having some promotional weekend this one and it's going to be hella crowded.

Oh did I mention I just got back from taking my mom to get..a TATTOO!?

She is so anti-tattoos, but for their 30th anniversary (next week) she decided to do it.. or mention it anyway.. then me and sister jumped on her, practically tied her up and took her. She got an Auburn (football) colored tank on her BUTT, that has Wall-E eyes. I'll post a pic later.. she actually almost fainted halfway through, I was a little surprised.. I heard about that, but never saw it happen. My dad's nickname is Tank. The tattooist said "You're the first woman I've ever put a tank on their ass" lol.

Piehole report:

Late Lunch- 4 french fries from Red Robin, 1 bite of a burger that got stuck and came up, 1/2 of an orange dream smoothie (doh)

Late Dinner: Tilapia & shrimp...covered in an Alfredo sauce that I didn't like, so I tried to scrape off as much as I could

Right now- My homemade high-cal hot chocolate (grr). I need to go get the mix. I do make it with skim milk, so maybe that helps a little?

Good news? Still 215lb!

I sent Laura all my info and she said as soon as she has it updated she will send me the list.

Texas is a go for me and I'm ok with the date. Maybe Tracy an I can fly out together. I said maybe. Still not sure that is what I can do. Need to work my nerve up.

Janie~ I started and never finished Friday Night Knitting Club! I am famous for that...actually reading about 4 books now. I did finish 2 books this summer and then Shrink Yourself, which will be a study of sorts, not just a novel type to read.

Love the tattoo Laura~

Our guest just left and it was a success! The tacos were great and they all ate plenty! Then we played electronic Monopoly! You use credit cards, not $$. It is funny cause you start w/ 15 million for each player. I won, ended up w/ 38 million, bob was bankrupt, Susanne had like 9 million and steph had like 300K. It is a hoot, and you use an ATM type machine. Anyway, we had fun! The stove is a mess, but the dishes are done!

Have a great night...we are sleeping in! Tomorrow is our last day together...for a while!

xoxoxoox

Good morning violets~

That quote from the book made me think alot. Hmmmm, maybe it is something other than me just loving food? ! Food won't leave me. I am safe with it....it is a shield, blah blah blah

I need to get that book. I know I have issues....just did not think they could be directly related to my weight. I like to leave pasgt hurt in the PAST though. But then again, if it is affecting me now, then it isn't past is it? UGH, whatever! lol GEE...thanks ALOT PAMELA! lol

What are we up to today violets? I am going to make my 2nd cup of coffee and watch my recorded episode of Big Brother, then go for a walk. Maybe not in that order....bbl.

Morning girls. I'm fixing to go get my cup of joe too Tracy. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me. My mom sold her old house in record time but the only stipulation was that they wanted to be able to move in next week. So we have to go get the house ready. UGH. Garage sale on Friday and Saturday. Tomorrow we sort through all her stuff and determine what's being sold and what's being taken by family and what's trash. Lovely...

Good Morning, Violets..

Lazy day for me today. I have a hair appointment at 2:30 and that's it for the day. I plan on spending time in the back yard soaking up some sun and gazing at my flowers and planning the next flowerbed!! Got to get some wiifit in too, of course.

Everyone have a good one!!

Hey guys, this girl that lives nearby I have been chit chatting on the forum wants to join our group.. cause she said we're NICE! Mwhahaha..

Just thought I'd let you know, give her a nice welcome.. :biggrin2:

Talked on the phone last night to DH for 2.5 hours. I will only know if he's serious after the dust settles.

I told him I cut it as planned and he just gulped and said.. HOW SHORT IS IT? I told him everyone loves it, and that he will be the only one who hates it. Robby said.. MOM you look beautiful, but Dad will be VERY mad and you two will have very angry words to each other. I told him that it would be OK because I was the Boss of my hair. He said, Dad thinks hes the boss of your hair. I said NO bubba, I'm the Boss of my hair. I am an adult and my own boss. Robby then said.. "so, when I'm an adult I will be the boss of my own hair and if I want to grow it up to the sky or down to the ground I can?" I said "yes bubba, when you are an adult you will be the boss of your own hair." KIDS! LOL. later he said... well, mom I'll tell ya.. that's a nice hair cut! LOL

post-208811-13813137454665_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813137454934_thumb.jpg