Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I am going to give it a few more days before I eigh to see if I have lost cause it is TOM and I feel so bloated...

TMI, I know....

Kat.... how AWFUL!! But thank God you're all ok. Let us know how it looks this morning. And how you're doing!!

EVERYONE RAISE THEIR HANDS IF THEY WISH MICHELLE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:mellow::):cool2:

Ack! Kat! I'm glad everyone was okay. How scary was that??? Hugs to you today... How's abbey doing?? Everything ok with her?? Yes my parents are almost all moved in. Most important stuff is over there. And yep, Juan was happy to help. He is genuinely a good man. A very complicated man but with a big heart. He would never dream of using someone in order to get his way. He just doesn't do stuff like that...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!! Your plans today sound perfect! Your kids are so darn cute! Love the glasses on your daughter and your sons hat! Your kids look like they are very unique and have lots of individuality. Good job mom!

Laura - Happy Anniversary yesterday!! I thought of you when I wrote a check at the grocery store yesterday. 7/7! How did Russell like his surprise? What was your surprise??

Judy!! Congrats on your next grandbaby!!! Ya'll must be so excited, she's been trying for so long! Is this your second grandchild?

Terry - how'r your eyes?? My dad healed pretty quickly from his eyes. No bruising after about 10 days. Hope yours is the same!! That pic you took of your Bracelet is stunning! It needs to be in a catalog somewhere...

Jane - I was productive this weekend too!!! Cleaned my house and put away some paperwork from early 2007. I figure I'll be caught up with 2008 stuff by the end of 2009, LOL...

Pammy!! Sounds like you're having a blast! Can't wait to see pics!

Suzie - Are you taking it easy today??? Any news on your results?

TracyK - Hi Mommy!! Your first day as a SAHM yesterday??? Must be heaven!

TracyKS - HOT MAMA!! Woo hoo you looked hot on that bike! How's hubby's mood nowadays??

Denise- awwww, grandma, your grandbabies are precious!! You'll be so glad you have this new spacious house in order for them to run around in!

Actually my parents did the same thing! Instead of downgrading to a smaller house now that we're all out of the house they upgraded and got a huge house! They say it's for the grandkids, LOL... They are almost all moved in. We have some stuff left in the garage and in the attic but my mom doesn't want to start sorting through that yet. I know that I'll have to haul home most of my stuff that I've been storing in her attic. All my old toys, stuffed animals, papers from school, old prom dresses. Everything is up there!

These past four days passed so quickly!! I didn't want to get up this morning. We were go go go since Thursday. My parents had their first dinner party at their new house and everything was a success...

Thanks ladies for your great advice on friendships. It's true Terry, when you said that as we get older and our lives get busier it's important to SCHEDULE time with our friends. And if she's not doing that then she's just not interested in spending time with me. What I'm going to do is to slowly phase her out of my life. I did manage to disinvite her to our 4th of July party. I just told her that we didn't know what we were doing or who's house we were doing it at and when i found out I would call her. I was giving her a taste of her own medicine, wishy washiness! Well i never called her and when she called the next day to find out why i told her that I had just forgotten about her since she's not really a part of my life... Hope she got the message...

As far as "starting" over with our bandster ways.... That is so funny that ya'll mentioned it. We must have all been thinking the same thing yesterday. I started yesterday. I was just sitting at home thinking about the beginning of this journey and how excited I was and how attentive I was with what I put in my mouth. If I was going to eat something that was bad I would measure out what I was alloted and stick to that. I decided that I was going to start again!

Okay - I've had nothing for Breakfast so off I go to get my oatmeal ready.

Sorry for the novel, I just had alot of catching up to do!!

Okay here goes nothing I am going to change my ticker to reveal my weight gain!!

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

((Kat)) How scary, hope it all dies down :thumbup:

Yes I was on yesterday but I just read the posts here, didn't have anything to say yet.. I had lots to say and not enough time to post it, so I wanted to come back to it.

We won big on day 1. My mom hit $5,000 on a $2 bet!!!!!! Then I hit the exact same thing, but out of a bonus round and won $1,200.

Then we gave a lot back.. doh! I think she still came home a winner, I came home with $50. Oh well, had lots of fun!!

Anniversary was pretty good, I was SO tired from driving back and little sleep. I came straight to work, when we got off work took a shower and he took me to a fancy steak house downtown everyone at work raves about. BOO. They were fancy and staff was great, but the food SUCKED!!! I mean really, I couldn't decide on what I wanted.. so I got a mixed grill, small piece of filet mignon, small order of stuffed chicken breast, and a crab cake. Crab tasted rotten, I had a hard time making myself swallow the bite I tried, I wanted to spit it out! The chicken and steak had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. Then the veggies we got were so bland, I was shocked. So.. we're never going there again.. $200 crappy meal!

But our wedding cake.. OMG!!! It was as amazing as the day we got it. His friend's mom told us how to wrap it up, so I had my fingers crossed. It tasted fresh, not like it's been in a freezer for a year. Is soooo good. We forgot what filling we had picked for that tier, so it was a pleasant surprise.. caramel buttercream. And lucky for me, DH is starting back on the low-carb diet again today (he did it this weekend.. I made him break it to eat a piece of cake). I got a whole cake top to eat this week.. :biggrin:

I passed out shortly after all that, and slept great (with no sleep aids!). Woke up with my right nostril completely clogged, blew my nose and its gunky stuff. I think I'm getting sick :) So I did my Zicam swipe.

I didn't give Russell the cookie bouquet since he's low-carbing it.. it's in a box in the closet. He got me movie tickets and he's going to custom frame our wedding certificate.

I guess that's it!

Edited by FairyFacade

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE---HOPE IT IS A WONDERFUL DAY FOR YOU!!!! ENJOY!!!

Good morning--well it was a long night. I just come down from up top, and I still have smoldering hot spots. For now the tree seems "out". A couple of strange spots were evident, so I moved the Water hose to those areas. We just don't have enough pressure going uphill to do a lot of good. We are discussing dropping a few hoses into the ditch and trying to get our own syphon going. We used to flood irrigate the yard that way. But the entire ditch bank is black and charred----not thinking it is going to be easy to get up there---it is a pretty steep incline. Purposely so, I mean there is a large fast running canal/ditch up there, we do not want it to be easy access.....So we put in a headgate and run Water to the lower sections---which works great on gravity feed....but not so great for this. Considering, if there continue to be hotspots, calling the fire dept. back out for another spray down. They were here til after midnight, I was up til 3. Everytime I would almost relax to sleep, Rick's alarm would go off, and I of course had to go with him, I didn't want him up there alone!!!

Behind our property it butts up against the High School Ag building and farm area, and then BLM land. There is a huge hill behind our house, and kids climb it often. The sports teams run it for building endurance---heck I run it daily in high school! It is commonly referred to as football hill because the football team runs it morning and night.

The fire marshall thinks the liklihood is that kids were shooting some sort of bottle rocket or aerial display fireworks off of the big hill, and the sparks ignited in several areas of dry cotton. This time of year in areas around here it looks like it is snowing, the cotton blows so heavy. There are female and male cottonwood trees, and the female trees produce huge hanging pods of cotton---it blows all over and irritates the hell out of my allergies to boot! Well cottonwood trees grow along the ditchbank thick. We removed all the producing trees from our place, but there is cotton everywhere anyway. The cotton blows, and of course gathers along tree bases or fence lines--anything that stops it as it blows, and that is exactly where our fires were-------the entire perimeter of the land, all the trees....it just followed the cotton and went crazy.

The entire time we are fighting the fire, and the firemen are busting their butts trying to save things you can hear the pop, pop, pop of fireworks in the distance, at the school. They radio'd for a Police officer to cruise the school area. Nothing else was said though. And I have a neighbor down the road with a 13 year old who is into everything, always in the middle of things, and he was conspicuously absent last night while the neighborhood was running around dealing with this. Us and the neighbors on either side of us got the worst of it.

But it is sad, not devastating.....We did lose our shed, nothing left but a black blob! So I will call our insurance agent this morning, and have him come take a look....see what we can do. But at least I am calling him from home!

I am going to look on the sign at the fire dept. and see when the next Volunteer Firefighter meeting is, I think they meet each Thursday night. I will make something and take to the meeting, and plan to write a thank you letter in our small local paper.

I had an NSV in the middle of it all last night---besides actually being able to run---yep RUN up and down the hillside. They had several hoses into the ditch, and these are firehoses--large fabric hoses. They attach pump to the nozzle, and begin a syphon from the ditch. They had a LOT of areas of fire, and only about 8 volunteers here when it first broke out. The one firefighter ask Rick if he could handle the hose, he said yes and took over the big hose spraying down the shed. When the next one began pumping good, he ask the same thing of Spence (neighbor from across the street---being a good neighbor, I owe him too!), so Spence took a hose. The guy started to leave, and I told him I can use a hose on the front---and he told me he didn't think I was quit big enough to handle it!! LOL Of course it was more likely him thinking "this stupid bimbo is up here in flip flops and shorts!" But that is what I was wearing when it happen. My pedicure from yesterday----a total loss. I actually singed my shirt I was wearing! I had to get those clothes we had on out of the hamper, they stunk so badly of smoke---and I saw the edge frayed and the hem singed......and I melted my flip flops!!! Rick 9 days out of 10 will come in, and change into shorts and sandals from his jeans and steel toed boots. But I had dinner ready, and our plan was to go for a ride, so he didn't change!

Oh yeah I had another loss......I went to pull the sprinkler off the roof, and when I tried to grab it I broke 3...count 'em 3 fingernails at one time!

I'm supposed to go to lunch with Marie, I think we might order in and hang out here so I can keep watch.

Well, I cannot stand myself, off to yet another quick shower, the stench of the smoke is killer!

Will keep you posted! Thanks for all the well wishes. Nothing of sentimental value was lost. Lots of hard work destroyed.....but hey we needed something to do, right????

Hugs~

Kat

Okay here goes nothing I am going to change my ticker to reveal my weight gain!!

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane.. what I see on that ticker is that you've lost 73#!!! Now that you have posted it, you can start from that figure and work your way down again. Be proud that you've lost that much and that you are going to lose that much more. We're all here to help. My weight was up when I reposted my ticker, but now it's there in purple and white and I know I'm giving it a fresh, new start. We're in this together, ya know. That's what makes us Violets. Gimme a V-I-O-L-E-T-S!! Goooooooooooooooooo Violets!!

There.. I'd do the splits, but at my age, my cheerleading skills will have to be limited to words of encouragement only!!

OK gang................ I've been a total wreck today......

LONG story.. but the short of it is.. my mom has been shielding my sis and I from this because she didn't want to ruin our Vegas Trip and other "plans"

This how my day started.. (right after I checked the board crap hit the fan)

Hello…. Until a few minutes ago I was pretty upbeat about moms breast issue……….

To recap,

Mom admitted to feeling a new lump on her breast earlier this month. She had it checked and the doctors thought it was scar tissue from her prior radiation treatment.

She being “MOM”.. has downplayed it to Denise and I and pretty much tells us its fine, and that she doesn’t need us to go with her to any appointments.. She sends one sentence emails about it………… but it is not fine. Terry calls us on the sly and says she really is upset about it all.

Short Version, she is having two biopsies tomorrow at Providence Medical Center and they are putting her out for it. (the same breast she had cancer in 7 years ago)

Life has been busy and until I had time to sit down and talk to her on the phone for an hour did I get the entire story……..

The lower part of her breast is hardening and discolored and it seems to be spreading. It has not responded to antibiotics or creams, the last I knew it was a little lump but now it is the entire portion of her lower breast. She said it is painful to go with out a bra so she doesn’t. Denise saw it on Saturday and said it looked really thick and seemed a bit discolored.. she actually drew me this picture, scanned it and emailed it to me. Denise is of the mind that it is NOT cancer, but I’ve been googling it and to me it sounds like IBC (Inflamatory Breast Cancer) I hope to God I’m wrong, as it is described as silent and deadly. I’m actually pretty upset writing this all down. At any rate, I know that you’d want to be aware. Please PRAY that it is NOT Cancer.

post-208811-13813137296102_thumb.jpg

Tracy... I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I was watching a video on IBC just yesterda that someone had sent me in email. I had seen it before, but it was a good reminder of symptoms. My prayers to you and your Mom. I know how worried you are. (((HUGS)))

Tracy, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's issues, of course I will put her in my prayers, along with you and your sister to be strong to help her through this.

I agree she needs to find out for sure, these things are so much better when found early.

With her history.....YOU be sure to check yourself regularly, and even insist on extra yearly exams---like blood work up (CA 125) with your annual exam----they can do tumor marker blood work! I do it twice a year.

Hugs to you Hon!

Kat

((((HUGS))))

Tracy-your mom as well as you and your sister are in my prayers! I am so sorry for what you are going through. Much love...

:wink2: Happy Birthday to Pamela, and Many More.:blink:

I know it's not your birthday here, but in your time zone it is.

TracyKS, You and your entire family are in my prayers. Sending lots of purple power to your Mom. Please keep us posted.