Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Quick! Sit down, Janie, and maybe it will pass!! :thumbup:

We have some sort of DVR thing-a-ma-jig like Tivo on our tv (Direct TV maybe?) and I love being able to record shows & then watch them when it's convenient + fast-forward thru the commercials... but I OBVIOUSLY have no idea how we got it!! ha ha! Sad, but true. So I encourage the idea, but can't help w/the implementation. Yep, that's pretty much me!

Dinner tonight = an iced skinny cinnamon dolce latte... yum!

Jane-yay...you are correctomundo...no work for me tomorrow! :thumbup: YAY

Kat-dd loved the fireworks. She laughed and squealed and ooohhh'd and ahhh'd all night. It was fantastic!

Have a great night everyone. (((hugs)))

Good evening, Violets....

FINALLY, FINALLY, we were able to get in and enjoy the pool this evening. The Water temp was 82 and it was perfect. I got my exercising in and also my water "fix". Now if it would just stay that warm.. but of course storms are coming in tomorrow and Tuesday. Probably won't be able to get back in it until the weekend.

The Bobster and I had burgers, corn and carrots outside on the deck tonight. It's so beautiful out there with all the flowers and green grass. I could only eat 1/2 a burger and a couple of carrots, but the ear of corn went down fine. I love that stuff.

Ethan comes tomorrow for the day and it's supposed to rain all day so I'll have my work cut out for me.

Gonna go watch tv with the Bobster and then head to bed. Everyone have a good evening!

Oh... my friend whose husband says no to the surgery said he is not stopping her, but will probably never stop nagging her about it. So it sounds like she is resolved to do this. I'm proud of her!!

Judy in the pool???? You're so lucky.

Sending a couple of pics of Abagail. She's a lot of fun. Tht's her tent in the living room. She's peeking out from it.

post-214709-13813137288498_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813137288794_thumb.jpg

I didn't come this far to quit now!!!!!!!!!!

No snacking in between meals unless it's a Protein Drink (110cal.), a piece of fruit and a babybelle cheese...Back to bandster rules. No drinking 30 min before or 30 min after, Protein, veggies and then a few carbs if you can hold it....NOOOOOO eating carbs first.

Back to the excitment of first being banded and NO....to eating/sneaking/snacking past the band!

It feels soooo GOOD to take control again.

I think I'm going to buy a bicycle..anyone ride a bike for exercise? That's the one thing I haven't done is excercise since I started this journey. I know that's the key with no snacking.

Counts 3 that's joined...Who else?

I don't know if I am being counted already or not, but I am in!

I already have a walk mapped out in the neighborhood for Kinsey and I in the morning. Hoping she will let me put her in the stroller, but she so loves to walk----she can stop and pick things up and see so much more!!! The other night when we were going to the fireworks the hill they launch from is in an affluent area, and she tells me "Granny that is a giant house!" I told her yes it was big and very pretty, then ask her would she like to live there? Just asking out of curiosity......her answer? "No I don't know who lives there, I want to live with Mommy & Daddy". It absolutely cracked me up----then made me think. We all have so much to be happy with---look how far we have come. We can finish this journey, I have no doubt....NONE! We have the best support group around I KNOW that without a doubt. We CAN and we WILL do this.

Suzie, I drank myself silly today......I'll think of you often as I am up peeing all night!! But my scale will like you in the morning I bet!!!

We had ribs, Beans and cucumber salad for dinner. I had a bit of each....and was satisfied. I have steak marinating for dinner tomorrow. Planning ahead was always my best strategy for eating to lose.....so I am back to planning meals! No spur of the moment ordering out!

Kat

I ride a bike and LOVE it!! I also got a Wiifit from ebay. It should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. Can't wait to try it out.

Exercise is a very important part of the weight loss process. The wonderful part of the band is for those of us "starting over" with the bandster rules.. we are starting over NOT from the beginning weight or more like with every other diet I've tried, but from a new low to a newer low. I LOVE my band!!

I am not exactly loving my band right now, more exactly my Dr. I know that if my Dr. hadn't have moved, I would have Fluid in my band. I am up for a challenge!!! I have been cutting out exercises and stuff all day. Even put them in plastic sleeves and bought a cute notebook for the stuff. I would like to get a wii, but everytime I go to buy one they are sold out. It seems like they always have the wii fit, maybe I should buy that first!

Oh well have a great night everyone!!!!

Jane

By the way what do we call your househuntress instead of house?

Good morning from home Violets~ WOOOHOOOO :rolleyes: The reality still has not kicked in yet. It probably won't for about a 2 or 3 weeks....we'll see.

Today Macy starts her swimming lessons. We are also going to make our 'big girl school' calender. It will just have stickers & stuff of activities we have planned and a countdown to when she starts 'big girl school'. I need to find out if she is going to be taking naps in kindergarten. If so, I need to keep her on schedule here too. I would be a disaster for me to let her stop taking naps then when she starts school to have to start taking them again....she would not be a happy camper and she would not want to even go. Hoepfully someone will be at the school today when I call. I really need to find out. I hope the answer is no. She sleeps so much better at night if she hasn't had a nap during the day.

So did everyone have a great 4th? I did! :thumbup:

Pamela~we sure do miss you!

Jenn....do you have your computer yet? We really miss you!

It seems like they always have the wii fit, maybe I should buy that first!

DARN!! Wish I had known that Jane. I could have saved a bundle if I had asked you to get one and ship it to me. You just can't get any of that stuff in this area. It's amazing how many of the Wii Fit are being auctioned off on ebay for a jacked up price. It's the only way I could get one, so I didn't have a choice. I'll have to work extra hard at it to justify the extra money!!

Good morning, Violets..

TracyK... you're a lady of leisure now!! wooooooo hooooooooo As for the "naps" at school. Does she go all day or half day?? Either way a "nap" at kindergarten is just a short rest time. Ours was always just 20 minutes to a half hour and rarely did any of the kids fall asleep. It was basically a lie down rest time. (And a breather time for the teacher!!!!)

I'm up waiting for Ethan to arrive. It's stormy out and the garage dog is inside of course, whimp that she is! Looks like it's going to be an all day on an off rain so she'll be in all day too. HOpe we all survive!!

Everyone have a great day. Going to get some breakfast.. cottage cheese and blueberries.. yumms!

Hi Janie,

Do you have your fills already paid for? If not I would find another Dr.

I was in the Medical Profession for 30 years...yea...I started at 19.

When you and your Dr. aren't on the same page..it spells disaster.

THEY work for YOU!! End of story. If you already have the fills paid for..make an appt. with one of the Dr.'s in the clinic to just TALK. Then talk to them..tell them why you aren't happy...if all else fails..Tell them you want your fill money back so you can go somewhere that you're happy. Since they have your money and you haven't used the service they HAVE to give it back.

House is part of my last name and I now sell real estate..soooo HouseHuntress...House is fine.

Judy-she will be going all day. :tt1: She would be ok with 'quiet time'. If I can not find out anything for sure, it will probably be best to just make sure I make her lay down for a little while every day, huh?

Up and already have started on my drinking. I try to get it in as early in the day as I can. Get it over with.

Today I am going to try to work out at work. What I'll do is use the upper body machines. It may be only half a work out but at least it is something. It will still be weeks before I can get a shoe on and I don't want to do nothing that whole time. So upper body exercising for me.

I think I'm over my pity party. Tired of feeling sorry for myself. I need to concentrate on today and not yesterday and what I didn't get done. Like, I didn't get off my ass all day. Like, I ate what ever I wanted to because I'm hurt. Like, I'm not worth it. That's so wrong. So, today the party is over, mainly because I am worth it. I am going to succeed.

Lots of stuff to do today, I probably won't be home till later this afternoon. Sis has several Doctor's appointments. Not a god day for them. Suppossed to get really hot here. 93 and very humid. I hate humid.

Everyone hang in there. Today is a new day and a better day. We can all do this.

Pamela, TrackyKs, Laura & Jenn We miss you something awful. Hope you are all doing good.

Hugs to everyone.