Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terry-this means that we finally have some security for when we are old. Fantastic job (doing the same thing he is doing now, just not 3rd party contract), a raise, bonuses, paid healthcare, stock, pension and the list goes on. I can breathe a little easier knowing we do not depend on OT anymore. That to me is the best part...not wondering how much his checks are going to be. He will be making about the same but not having to kill himself for OT in the process. No more ON CALL! WOOT! 4 on 4 off schedule which he loves.

OUCH OUCH OUCH....poor you! ((((hugs))))

Edited by TracyK

Oh, and look what else I found while getting photos off my iPhone....

post-213702-13813137282598_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813137282983_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813137283263_thumb.jpg

OH MY GOSH TERRZ, THAT LOOKS SO SORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO FEEL SORRZ FOR ZOU!!!!!

PAM I LOVED ZOUR POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so nice zou bought me gum!!! Tell me how much I owe zou!!!

I looked at your pictures of the cruise yesterday Judy and they were great. Especially St. Thomas!! That looked gorgeous!! Are you looking into a cruise for the violets next year?

Tracy congrats on your last day and your husband getting that job!

Have a good night and Terry I hope you sleep alright!!!

Hi Susie, Haydee, Laura, TracyW, Denise and everyone else!!

Good morning everyone!

Happy 4th of July....

Have a great day violets and TERRY....delete that first picture for Gods SAKE! OMG....lol, i was SO wasted!

Good Morning, Violets!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

:thumbup::patriot:

Got lots to do today before family comes over for the cookout at 4. Can't wait to see my grandkids and have them here for a whole afternoon and evening. The pool is cleaned out and ready for them to splash away! IF it gets warm enough I might even venture into it.

Everyone have a great day.

TracyK...your first day off of work and we throw you a big celebration with fireworks 'n everythang!!

Terry...hope you're doing well today and the pain is manageable. Better living through chemistry!

Suzie.. what did the doctor say about your knee??????

I weighed myself this morning for the first time after the cruise and needless to say, I have some work to do. Got to get back to being really serious about this or I'm gonna be stuck at this weight for more months. Not complainin' mind you, cause I'm in a way better place now than a year and a half ago, but I know I can do better.

Catch ya'll later!!

Morning everyone! Believe it or not, I'm not in hardly any pain. Haven't had a vicodin since dinnertime last night....but MAN do I look like Frankenstein this morning or what!? If you think those pictures are bad from yesterday, then I'll spare you my likeness this morning. I am very glad I have a followup dr appt. this morning (yes, on a holiday!) so he can reassure me that all is well. Let's just say I never knew eyelids could swell so much.

Hmmmm...wonder where Suzie is?! Are you okay Suze?

Judy and all....have a wonderful holiday today! ....especially Tracy who has LOTS to celebrate! Yeeeeeee hawwww!!!

So....everyone note that I have a new ticker up. I have to admit this to my violet sisters because I want to be the example of what not to do. I have 22 pounds to lose to get back to what I was at before I quit smoking almost 4 months ago. I am presently 3 pounds away from seeing two hundred again...3 pounds ya'll. How scary is that? I know if I let it get to that then I will be downhill from there. I started to get down and depressed so I kept gaining but now I am resolved to stop this. If I keep on I will be 2something again in a few days and that is not acceptable. I really need some butt kicking support over here, OK. My life has turned around in the past couple of days for the better and now I am ready to do this. Will you all please help me?

Ok Tracy.. I'll kick your butt if you'll kick mine. I changed my ticker back to the original and I'm going to work hard at getting that sucker to get back down. No excuses, k?? I have to step away from the sweets. They are my downfall. I know I'm at my sweet spot on the band. Regular food goes down very slowly. It's the crap that just slides on down. I'm gonna control my head hunger one way or another. Today is the first day. Deal???

:thumbup: Happy Fourth of JULY :eek:

Hope you all have great plans for the day. Ours is a big block party tonight and than the Family Reunion tomorrow. Lots of baking to do today.

Wish me luck on the eating part and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. But have fun.

Went to the Docs yesterday and I'm sorry to say it's not good news right now. I don't mean to be a downer right now, so you are welcome to skip this and come back tomorrow and read it.

Hubby and I sat in his office and went over what had happened about the fall. I told him my knee area was hurting and that it wasn't really bone pain. That it seemed more like nerves. I didn't even think it was muscle or tendon. So he moved things around a little and kept asking me all kinds of questions. I told hubby later after we left that it finally clicked in about all he was asking and where it was leading to. Well, he gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer and sent me to the hospital to have some ex-rays taken. He is thinking that I might have a fracture in the L3 and L4 area of my spine. I was dumbfounded. How could my knee area be hurting and not my back? He said the nerves run along that area. He wasn't completely sure and that was why he wanted the ex-rays. So there I am laying on the table and the girl is rubbing a spot on my tummy to see if I was in alignment. I asked her if she was going to take a pic of my stomach aea and she said no that it would be just a little lower than that. I told her that was fine, just that I had a lap-band and that it might show up and I didn't want them to get worried. She came back later and said it was a good thing I told her, it did show up. We had a good laugh about it.

So I took a muscle relaxer around 6pm and started to fall asleep in the chair. I headed to bed about 7. Got up around 3am to go potty and than took 2 vicodin and went back to bed. Got up around 8. Need to get my but moving but I feel like I have been hit like a Mack Truck. I think I feel like how Terry looks. (Sorry Terry). I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear from the Doc's office.

Everyone have a safe day. Hugs.

Good Morning, and Happy 4th of July everyone!

We had a great time at the local fireworks show last night. Kinsey was in absolute AWE! She missed them last year, she was sick in the hospital, so she was completely impressed. Connor on the other hand threw a fit, because Lenny wanted to hold him during the show, and he was not willing to be corralled. Somedays I SOOOOOOO want to interfere!!!

I am not sure, we are contemplating joining some friends at a lake about 50 miles away in Colorado, for the night. They have a fireworks show and a boat parade----or we might hang out as originally planned! We are going to an annual Blues Festival tomorrow. So, most of it will depend on what we hear concerning my Uncle this morning.

We have so much going on for the next few days, I am going to do my level best to join with you girls on your "return to the band basics" I am going to start back at Curves on Monday--with my Dr.'s release! So....while I will give it a shot for the remainder of the weekend, my head is into for Monday without fail. I even told Rick I am going shopping on Sunday afternoon to stock up healthy again, his only response was GOOD! He has lost between 30 & 40 pounds himself. So, if I slip up this weekend, know I will be hitting it with you hard and heavy come Monday.

I know that used to be a major cop out for me---planning a diet date.....but with company in from out of town, and everything that is planned for these next 2 days, I am just afraid if I say I am going to DO it, and I don't----I am setting myself up for failure....and I don't want to fail!

Terry I am so glad you feel ok! Let us know what the Dr. says.

Suzie where are you? Are you OK?????? I hope they didn't find something they admitted her for in her knee.....

Well I need to get ready. Rick is done, and just "looking" at me when he passes through readying things!!!! LOL!

Have a happy, safe 4th, and I'll check in later......hugs!

Kat

I'm baaaack!

We enjoyed our "quick trip" to the beach... the weather was picture perfect & I got my "beach zen" on... yay!

Janie!~~ I, too, purchased some funny gums for you... hope you haven't gotten these already... they are little boxes w/different funny covers... the company that makes them is blueq... there's a Web site (of course!)... www.blueq.com... anyhoo, I got "Oh God I am so totally wasted"; "Does this gum make my ass look big?"; "Don't waste my daytime minutes"; "Supermodel meal in a box" ("8 complete meals!"); and "Keep the dream alive ("They shouldn't be called "snooze" bars; they should be called the button you hit 15 times so you can be late for work again.") gums. I'll send them out tomorrow (no post today!).

Terry~~ Owwie!!

TracyK~~ You can do it! I need to do it, too!! Starting, uh... tomorrow! yeah, that's it!

Tracy KS~~ Sorry 'bout that... their loss... OUR GAIN!!!

Suzie~~ When you do it, you do it, huh?? I hope it's ok & not as bad as all that!!!!! Yikes!

Laura~~ I read that even tho you told me not too!! I'm so bad...

Haydee~~ You've gotten great advice about that "friend"... definitely stick w/folks who are positive energy forces, not negative!

Kat~~ I'm w/you w/getting back into the exercise groove... on Monday!

Judy~~ Loved your cruise pics... especially the parasailing ones... I thought maybe they just pulled you along behind the ship for the rest of the trip!! :thumbup:

Pam~~ I'm enjozing zour posts from Germanz!! I, too, read them with a German accent!!

Time to take a shower & get going with the day... Make it a Star Spangled one, Vi's!

I just clicked on that gum web site link & they've got tons of "irreverant" items over there... oh my!...

Thanks Michelle!!! I went to the web site and wow!!! Did you find a store? I don't have any like this and SHE WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Susie I hope everything is okay with you!!!

Terry I am so glad you are not too uncomfortable!! I was worried when I saw the pics!!! I hope the Doc doesn't poke around and make it worse today!!

Nothing planned for today and liking that. It is sunny here which is odd because they called for rain all day today!

Thanks again Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise - any updates on your grandbabies? How's your house coming along??

Hi girls! Haven't had a lot of time to check in or even check posts...I'm still holding at 200 lbs...it's frustrating but with so much going on in my life, it's really hard to sit down and make a healthy dinner. So much easier to eat out...I hope things calm down soon.

Update on my life LOL -

1st Grandson, Blake, is thriving. He's approximately 13 lbs and almost 7 weeks old. Cute as a button...joy of my life right now.

2nd Grandson, Dimitri, is growing and thriving, but still in the NICU. They won't let him come home until he's at least 34 weeks which will be this Saturday. Then he has to have his hearing test, probably on Monday and then he should come home after. He's grown from 3 lbs 13 oz to 4 lbs 6 oz and he's 2 weeks old today. He's holding his own body temperature, eating very well on his own and tolerating his feedings, oxygen levels look fantastic. We're just waiting on him to be 34 weeks. He's so darn precious! I'll enclose an updated pic of each of them at the bottom of this post.

Getting ready to close on our house. Our first walk through is 7/21 - 2nd walk through is 7/28 and we're supposed to take possession of the house on 7/30. I'm hoping it's a little earlier but I haven't even started packing yet LOL - I guess I better get on it....

Work has been extremely busy too....just not enough hours in the day for everything!

I hope that everyone is doing well. As soon as I'm moved in to the house and things quieten down, I'll be back on more often. :thumbup:

Love you girls!! <3

Have a happy and SAFE 4th!!!

img_1473.jpgBlake - 6 1/2 weeks old. I call him Bathtime Blake :eek:

Dimitri-1.jpg

Peek-a-boo.jpg

Peek-a-boo Dimitri - 1 week 4 days old